Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is Chandelure worth it without Beach?

jjkkl

Front Page Article Editor
Question is self-explanatory. I know it sounds exaggerated, but I'd like to know before doing anything, and how to work with it. Assume all Chandy variants.

I think chandelure can still work without beach but it'll just be more difficult to set-up without it. Another factor is beach-less chandy decks will be prone to cards like N and disruption cards later on in the game. I've had many instances where late in the game, my opponent would N me into a couple of absolutely useless cards but I'd always beach myself out of it.

I've never seen a good chandy deck but maybe once that was good and none of them ran beaches. The deck is tooo slow to run without beaches and virtually loses to just about any other deck. Even with beach this deck is questionable because there are much better ways of dishing out more damage not to mention that the other ways are more sure fire than going "ok i can retreat once to drop 6 damage counters and then attack if i have the energies" and then hoping you have a switch or something

I've never seen a good chandy deck but maybe once that was good and none of them ran beaches. The deck is tooo slow to run without beaches and virtually loses to just about any other deck. Even with beach this deck is questionable because there are much better ways of dishing out more damage not to mention that the other ways are more sure fire than going "ok i can retreat once to drop 6 damage counters and then attack if i have the energies" and then hoping you have a switch or something

Are you serious?
This deck is a frontrunner for BDIF. I dont know who is building the trash lists that youve seen, but you sir are wrong on the viability of the deck.

Loved the durant video, tyler.

I think you could run Chandelure without Beach, but if you do you may wanna add some more draw support. Anyway, I think what you should do though, is try to borrow the Beach from your friends, or people at your league, etc.

No, it's still a great deck. Beach just makes it even better.

I know it is. I've never played against the deck before but beach makes it to where you can save 6-8 card spaces on draw cards or a draw engine. The deck needs beach because you may need to play other supporters.

I can only see people who have the money for the card to be the ones playing the deck. That goes back to that whole card advantage everyone was talking about.

No, Chandelure does not work without at least if not more than 1 beach. Dont even try to build it without them, its painfully slow and will even get beat by tier 2-3 decks.

It works without beach. You can set up without beach. You can win without beach. Sure, beach helps a lot but half the time you'll be attacking with chandy or luring light something so it's not necessary. I know one guy who ran a beach-less chandyplume at a CC and was 4-0 until he got donked a couple of times and ended up 4-2. Beach is not mandatory at all.

You can play no beach and make top 8 and that's it, if you're good. I'm not bragging, but that really is it.

Can't play ChandyBeach without beach.
That being said, I think chandelure+attacker can be viable without beach. Try Bisharp, Yanmega, or Machamp.
Also the Trainerlock version of ChandyBeach uses beach less effectively than the Speedx4Switch version, imo. Beach is what gives Chandy such a strong N lategame.
Posted with Mobile style...

Any thoughts on Musharna being an appropriate replacement? Honesty is best - if it's a stupid suggestion, let me know.

With Vileplume not a horrible choice, without it...just no. The ability would help but you also would have to have at least a 2-2 line which would take 4 cards from elsewhere in the deck. Uxie LvX v2 seems to be a flop.

Can't play ChandyBeach without beach.
That being said, I think chandelure+attacker can be viable without beach. Try Bisharp, Yanmega, or Machamp.
Also the Trainerlock version of ChandyBeach uses beach less effectively than the Speedx4Switch version, imo. Beach is what gives Chandy such a strong N lategame.
Posted with Mobile style...

tried that at one cities, didn't work so well.

I don't have the money for beach and I run Chandyplume without it. I still find it to be a great deck - Cheren helps.

Does anyone think Chandyplume will be okay post-ND?

Post-ND decks will actually be running stadium cards, so it'll be harder to keep Tropical Beach in-play.

I wouldn't see you winning any CC without Beach if I'm gonna be honest. It's that useful a card :c

Back