Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is Grass the new Black?...

kaworu

Is Grass the new Black?... probably not but we are encouraged to make this planet a little greener.

There are a number of good Grass pokemon available in this format but what would you say is the best combination?

Shaymin (land) lvlx
Shaymin (sky) lvlx
Leafeon lvlx
Torterra (lots)
Scizor
Cherrim
Sceptile
Tangrowth

Bear in mind that most combinations will have to run a 2-2 Claydol.

In competitive modified what grass deck would be able to compete with the likes of Regi / T-Tar / Kingdra / AMU / Obama / Dusknoir etc?

Last edited:
Scizor/Cherrim if you want Speed and Raw power w/ no draw power

Torterriffic If you want Raw Power, Draw Power, and a long set up.

I'd say grass is definitely getting some potential, but I don't know how consistent they are because almost all of them are affected by Dialga G Lv X (And you're no doubt going to run into Dialga). However, they're definitely playable with fire being being kicked out of the scene due to the dominance of water decks. With resistance on most of the cards and the combination of them being pretty freakish tanks now, the popularity of water could work in your favor.

In answer to the OP's question... I definitely expect to see Leafeon showing up. Eeveelutions are flexible and can play decently without bodies. Shaymin no doubt deserves some play, especially Ground Form with the right player. Those are the top two out of the grass pool IMO, but I've seen some interesting Tangrowth builds. No one plays enough Tangrowth for it to show up anywhere, though.

Last edited:
Back