Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is Hunting for Fun Immoral? Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happiny13

This discussion started on the pet peeves thread but was off topic so I made a new thread. I really can't believe how anyone could ever enjoy killing animals. I'm hoping people with pets can see where I'm coming from since animals have emotions also.

I agree 100%. In my eyes hunting is a sick sick thing. Just watching the poor Rabbits eyes having a great time then some sicko hunter comes and ends it's life. How'd you like it if someone did that to you? There you are having a great time you only live for like 2 years and then that happens. All those poor animals. I was in a forest once and there was this rabbit that was like minutes from death. All this blood was every where it kept bumping into this tree. Thankyou for making this thread.

I can't believe how humans can shoot an animal and let it die while in pain. I may not be an expert, but I'm pretty sure waiting to die is not a very pleasant time. That would have been a horrible sight.

Yeah very. My Grandad used to be a massive hunter. Now he looks back on it and he said that he feels like he doesn't deserve to live. It's just cruel. Leave them to be. Or if you really like hunting go back to Links Cross Bow training for Pete's sake! Rabbits never did anything to you exept give you a taste of the beauties of nature. Why ruin that for them!?

Hunting is very enjoyable, as all animals know. Humans are the ONLY animals foolish and smug enough to make statements like ^. All animals hunt and hunters eat what they kill. Killing for the sake of killing is wasteful, but there is nothing wrong with hunting and fishing for leisure.

A society which spurns hunting is a society that will, in time, not know how to take care of itself.

LOL. Just lol! So cute animals **bunnies**... omg... never mind. oh to be young and naive!

At any rate- no. Not immoral. If you aren't willing to do it yourself, you don't deserve to eat more than grass.

Actually, you would think that humans are intelligent enough to know that animals have feelings too. God gave us animals for food, but just killing for sport is obscene.

I'm a vegetarian, and am against hunting as well as any form of animal cruelty. However I would much rather people ate meat obtained from hunting ( provided it's done in a humanely way ) rather than from the shops. An animal killed through hunting doesn't suffer, and has at least had a good life. Factory Farming is a lot more horrific, slaughter is drawn out and living conditions are horrific.

... So your saying killing animals, watching them suffer like hell while they have know idea whats going on is... Fun... Wow.

Don't put words in my mouth. Watching things suffer is anything but fun and if you know what you are doing, the animal never suffers.

That being said, being in a salt marsh, 30 minutes before sunrise, calling in ducks, and then hitting something the size of a softball flying at 48mph 30-45 yards from you in an erratic pattern 4-5 foot above the water's surface is absolute magic! If you cripple one, you simply quickly, and humanely end it.

There is nothing in the world like deer hunting, nor is there anything as bonding for a father and child to do together. Most of the time you don't even get to shoot the rifle as you don't always see one worth killing. The time spent together though is cherished forever.

Rabbit hunting is boring and far too easy. And if you think they are just oh so cute, go out with your camera in the springtime when they are all competing to breed. Tell me how cute they are as they fight and use their hind claws to rip each other's guts out in some cases. I guarantee you they suffer then and a lot more than they ever would in the 20-30 seconds it takes them to die from a clean shot.

If the best you have to aspire to is video games and air conditioning, what quality of life do you have? None?

It is not just suffering but killing in General just for fun. Some animals rely on family members.

The only animals that rely on family members are themselves hunters (lions, wolves, etc.). Herbivores and reptiles and birds fend for themselves soon, if not immediately after birth. You can't hunt lions or wolves...

If it weren't for people hunting, there would be no money for preservation. Just from my licensing for hunting I donate $66 a year to wild life preservation not to mention all the Ducks Unlimited stuff. All North American geese would be extinct as well as any ducks which live on the tundra of northern Canada. Deer would be so extremely over populated, it isn't even funny. As it is the hunting of them is so limited that bad genes are prolific causing all kinds of mutations. If rabbis and squirrel populations were left unchecked would lead to epic disease outbreaks not unlike the bubonic plague.

Last edited:
I don't think that watching and taking pleasure in animals suffering is very nice, and I personally wouldn't go out on a hunt and kill animals for fun, but I don't have anything against people that do. After all, the animals that give the meat (not that they have much choice over the matter) that's sold in supermarkets have died in more horrible ways than if someone shot them out of the air. In other words, I agree with nnaann.

I'm a vegetarian, and am against hunting as well as any form of animal cruelty. However I would much rather people ate meat obtained from hunting ( provided it's done in a humanely way ) rather than from the shops. An animal killed through hunting doesn't suffer, and has at least had a good life. Factory Farming is a lot more horrific, slaughter is drawn out and living conditions are horrific.

Yeah well said. Oh that reminds me ( a little off topic ) I remember going to this nature place and through the trees you could see billions of cages with billions of Chickens in. Obviously a battery farm. It looked worse than this: http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00393/SNF2338BACK_682_393520a.jpg

And check this out: http://www.thamesvalleybirds.co.uk/...351d1213383206-young-wild-rabbit-dsc_0283.jpg

Then see this: http://www.spanish-living.com/images/Dog and rabbit.jpg

Then that poor baby rabbit has no home or parents and sooner or later will get shot for a nice thing to put in your house. How lovely:thumb:... Not.:nonono:

Don't put words in my mouth. Watching things suffer is anything but fun and if you know what you are doing, the animal never suffers.

That being said, being in a salt marsh, 30 minutes before sunrise, calling in ducks, and then hitting something the size of a softball flying at 48mph 30-45 yards from you in an erratic pattern 4-5 foot above the water's surface is absolute magic! If you cripple one, you simply quickly, and humanely end it.

There is nothing in the world like deer hunting, nor is there anything as bonding for a father and child to do together. Most of the time you don't even get to shoot the rifle as you don't always see one worth killing. The time spent together though is cherished forever.

Rabbit hunting is boring and far too easy. And if you think they are just oh so cute, go out with your camera in the springtime when they are all competing to breed. Tell me how cute they are as they fight and use their hind claws to rip each other's guts out in some cases. I guarantee you they suffer then and a lot more than they ever would in the 20-30 seconds it takes them to die from a clean shot.

If the best you have to aspire to is video games and air conditioning, what quality of life do you have? None?

Oh yay! What a nice experience for your child. The more you do this then that child will do it and teach his/her children. And it gets bigger and bigger. So lets put what I'm about to say in human terms: If you can kill the humans a certain way it's not as bad. It's a great experience teaching your kid how to kill those humans and the small ones are not worth killing as they are pipsqueak to kill. It doesn't matter what animal it is the body is just a tool. I don't care if it's a different animal or if it's killed a certain way it's still sick in my eyes. They hardly live like us humans to 70 ( Most times anyway ) they only live for like 1-2 years. I don't really know how long they live for but I doubt it's 70. So they only live for little time. Why reck that for them?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

The only animals that rely on family members are themselves hunters (lions, wolves, etc.). Herbivores and reptiles and birds fend for themselves soon, if not immediately after birth. You can't hunt lions or wolves...

So your saying ( BTW when saying this I'm guessing your an adult and still have a Mum/Dad ) that if your parents died right now it wouldn't matter because you know how to live.

Last edited:
I didn't read all of the thread, because I don't have time right now (I'll get to it later), but here's my opinion:

Hunting JUST for enjoyment is wrong. It's wasteful.

However, hunting for FOOD is fine. It was the first way we got to eat. That's how you survived. Hunt or be hunted. It's a natural process that takes place in nature BY ANIMALS every day.

And about all of this being painful? Uh, when you shoot something (as long as you don't get a bad shot), death is usually instantanious and painless. If the animal is sitting there suffering because you got a bad shot, you're SUPPOSED to put it out of its misery, not let it sit there and suffer. You guys have the wrong idea of what a "hunter" is.

Animals that are processed for meat and sold in supermarkets often live in FAAAR worse conditions than what a hunter allows an animal to survive in.

@Toxictaipan - Completely agree, but I don't hold anything against people who hunt for fun

@jameswilliams1324 - Fair enough...

I didn't read all of the thread, because I don't have time right now (I'll get to it later), but here's my opinion:

Hunting JUST for enjoyment is wrong. It's wasteful.

However, hunting for FOOD is fine. It was the first way we got to eat. That's how you survived. Hunt or be hunted. It's a natural process that takes place in nature BY ANIMALS every day.

And about all of this being painful? Uh, when you shoot something (as long as you don't get a bad shot), death is usually instantanious and painless. If the animal is sitting there suffering because you got a bad shot, you're SUPPOSED to put it out of its misery, not let it sit there and suffer. You guys have the wrong idea of what a "hunter" is.

1: Agreed

2: Yeah we had to do that but now we have billions more food options.Not wooly mamoths :lol: But yeah I guess it is slightly better than just for fun.

3: Yeah but it doesn't deny the fact that killing is cruel. You could just not do it? And instead of having a 'Bad shot' don't do it in the first place.Let it have piece. If you get a bad shot yes do that but how about never do it in the first place? It would be alot better. And killing a poor porr animal when it's having the time of it's life... Yeah I think I got an idea on what one is.

Oh yay! What a nice experience for your child. The more you do this then that child will do it and teach his/her children. And it gets bigger and bigger. So lets put what I'm about to say in human terms: If you can kill the humans a certain way it's not as bad. It's a great experience teaching your kid how to kill those humans and the small ones are not worth killing as they are pipsqueak to kill. It doesn't matter what animal it is the body is just a tool. I don't care if it's a different animal or if it's killed a certain way it's still sick in my eyes. They hardly live like us humans to 70 ( Most times anyway ) they only live for like 1-2 years. I don't really know how long they live for but I doubt it's 70. So they only live for little time. Why reck that for them?

Wow! There is nothing in that statement that isn't ignorance, and the bolded part proves it. There is absolutely no comparison between the taking of human life and hunting for sport and eating what you kill.

Are any of you guys Christian/other Deity based religion? If so, and if you believe, then you should know an animal doesn't have a soul. It's sole purpose is either a. a tool or b. food for something else. That;s what they were put here for. and yes it is a wonderful experience to share with your children. I'm sorry you obviously didn't get the chance to see first hand.

So your saying ( BTW when saying this I'm guessing your an adult and still have a Mum/Dad ) that if your parents died right now it wouldn't matter because you know how to live.

I'm saying death is an inescapable reality and you need to know how to provide for yourself. Don't be stupid and say "if your parents died right now it wouldn't matter". On an emotional level, of course it would matter.

Animals, however, aren't human and no matter how much you want to attach human emotions to them, animals generally don't have them. Especially the father/mother/child relationship after the young animal is weened. They don't even recognize each other. There are some cases of breeding pairs (some birds) which bond exclusively to each other but that's it. Therefor, there is no comparison.

And killing a poor porr animal when it's having the time of it's life... Yeah I think I got an idea on what one is.

Dude, have you ever studied ANY wild animal? Having the yime of its life? THEY DON'T HAVE HUMAN EMOTIONS. THOSE ARE EMOTIONS YOU ARE EXTRAPOLATING ONTO THEM. An animal wakes up, looks for food and eats as much as it can during a day, and then finds a hopefully safe place to sleep. Then it repeats this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back