Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is Infernape Still Viable in Today's Format?

PokemansForGeeks

I was just wondering because I wanted to dust off my old Infernacatty deck for Regionals but didn't want to get manhandled.

I don't see why it's not, though. T2 90? What can beat that?

the way it was built at states and when played a certain way its a beast it beat my banette 2-1 it was close though and it handled gardy well also

Blazey version is the best way to play it sice u get sniping in a deck that really needs it.Only version that can beat Banette IMO

Ape is an extremely viable deck right now. If it didn't have such a bad GGF matchup, then it would effortlessly be tier one. I'll elaborate on why:

-Beats Magmortar (if you don't think it does, challenge me on Apprentice, and I'll likely win)
-Beats Banette (if you don't think it does, challenge me on Apprentice and I'll likely win...Although it's a lot harder than my Magmortar matchup)
-Beats Blissey and Gatr with the right techs (more situational matchups, I'll admit...Without the proper techs, you have issues vs bliss, and get torn to shreds by gatr)
-Tends to work well versus rogue, and will almost never choke versus bad lists.

RE Flygon: "Blazey" version? Go into details about what is in the "Blaze" version, because at least from my experience last format, "Blazing Apes" just bogged down the consistency of the deck.

RE Ardoptres: you mentioned just one reason why Ape is so bad versus GG. IMO, the _main_ reason why Ape loses is because of its pathetically-low HP, as well as its inability to OHKO until later. Keep those issues in mind when making Ape lists.

the only tech against gater that worked was 2-1-1-1 gardy gallade.
It worked well in seniors top 4. But he got it out extremly fast.

Not with Catty,its a list like Magmortars,but its just ape with Blazy and Claydol,works the same as Mortar tho.Do u have redshark??I can play u on that.

Back