Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is It ADV 4 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is ADV 4. It's the seller who called it "POKEMON CARD GAME ADV BOOSTER ex1 BOX"

Why the seller called the set this is unknown, but we can assume that he/she doesn't know very much about Pokémon. The seller hasn't even gotten the cards yet;

FACTORY SHIELDED BRAND NEW RELEASED ON 24TH October 2003 IN JAPAN. WE WILL SHIP THIS ITEM AS SOON AS RELEASED AFTER YOUR PAYMENT.

Um... seems just like someone who wants to make quick money by grey-exporting boosters he/she buys in Japan.

1 BOX CONTAINS 20 PACKS. 1 PACK CONTAINS 11 CARDS.

11 cards? No way. Since when do Japanese sets have 11 cards? I'm pretty sure they don't have, unless something has changed over there and I haven't paid attention.

Tego said:
1 BOX CONTAINS 20 PACKS. 1 PACK CONTAINS 11 CARDS.

11 cards? No way. Since when do Japanese sets have 11 cards? I'm pretty sure they don't have, unless something has changed over there and I haven't paid attention.
From ADV1, Japanese boosters contains 11 cards... so I suppose that EX1 too will have 11 cards in boosters!

Hope that helps ;)

Hmm. At first I thought this topic was about that new VS. Like Team Magna and Aqua series coming, but now I don't think this is the case. It may just be new cards to come.

Marcello-Milord said:
From ADV1, Japanese boosters contains 11 cards... so I suppose that EX1 too will have 11 cards in boosters!

Hope that helps ;)

Oh, I see. Sorry, I haven't bought Japanese boosters since the E-sets, and they had 5 cards each. Then it really was me who wasn't paying attention.

But about the name: the booster pack pictured clearly says Aqua VS Magma. It is the VS set.

Tego said:
Oh, I see. Sorry, I haven't bought Japanese boosters since the E-sets, and they had 5 cards each. Then it really was me who wasn't paying attention.

But about the name: the booster pack pictured clearly says Aqua VS Magma. It is the VS set.
It's something more similar to the Team Rocket expansion.. Cards have the Magma/Aqua symbols on them, and maybe they'll have a name in the form "Magma/Aqua's...". But, unlike Vs cards, they have evolutions... So we have to wait until we know the real intent of this set °_°

Sorry, by "it's the VS set" I meant "it's the AquaVS Magma set". I know it won't be like the VS sets (with G/S Gym Leaders). I agree that it will be very much like the Rocket Set. After all, this is the 4th ADV(/EX) set, and the 4th set in the block has been Team Rocket-inspirated before, both in Rocket and Neo Destiny, the 4th Neo expansion.

This new Japanese set, from the ADV series (note the ADV letters/symbol uper-right on the packs), was thought to be called ADV4, but recent news has revealed it will be called EX1 (so the whole ADV series to date consists of ADV, ADV2, ADV3, EX1, plus mini-decks).

This particular seller is a regular with the latest Japanese boosters (1st Edition) and mini-decks on presale. I purchased our ADV3 and mini-decks from him/her. I also asked a bunch of questions of him/her which were all answered (questions on which sets had mini-decks, etc). They are likely quoting distributor marketing materials in the auction description, as they preorder all new releases (requires a minimum 60-box purchase from the wholesale or manufacturer source).

Just FWIW.

BTW, unless it changes with this set, every booster contains 1 holo, 1 rare, 1 energy (typically basic/dark/metal), three uncommons and 5 commons. So 1 box of 20 boosters has 20 holos! :) (for about $60/box)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back