Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is Lugia Legend Playable in HGSS-on format?

SidewaysDaze

After researching some time trying to find unique cards and cards that would make a fun deck, Lugia LEGEND caught my eye. Unfortunately, like most legends, they didnt have alot of face-time in the prevous format, so what about our upcoming format?

A couple things that I find strong with Lugia Legend is:
Its versatility in multiple decks with different elements
Its poke-power can be useful for energy search for multiple pokemon
200 damage attack
One energy retreat

Some of the minor setbacks do include any lightning deck due to its weakness, but I for some reason see alot of potential. What I also like is the option to use multiple strategies with this card such as pachirisu/shaymin trick to transfer lightning energies over to lugia, typhlosion prime's poke-power to reattatch the one fire energy discarded, or even feraligatr/emboar for the water/fire energy. Is it possible to make Lugia attack every turn and still be a reliable deck?

Just some of my thoughts on a card that could become an interesting deck in the upcoming format

It can be playable. You'll need a lot of different engines running at once to make it good. Emboar and Feraligatr and attach the 1 for the turn or go the Pachimin way and make the deck slow. The only issue is getting the legend when you need it.

Yeah, I still think it could shine in the proper deck not as the main attacker but as the finisher much like ReshiBoar and RDL as the finisher.

I was actually considering trying it with Feraligatr/Emboar, but it runs into tons of problems competitively. It's too slow, its HP isn't great, its weakness is bad... And once Catcher comes out, you won't be able to set up at all.

Fun idea, too many problems to be practical.

I hope in upcoming sets there will be a deck that can have this legend in there I think it would catch alot of people by surprise.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Unfortunately, there's not really a reliable method to power it constantly. It's own ability gets one shot maybe, and then you've got to rely on either Stage 2 Pokémon or a flippy power to set it up, and then it requires 3 energy types.

I love the card, but the only reason LBS worked was due to Holon's Magneton/Electrode. Since we don't have that (or even Double Rainbow Energy for that matter), I don't think that Lugia will even make an effective rogue, sadly.

Back