Is Pachirisu DP4 the new Dunsparce SS?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Magic_Umbreon, Nov 25, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

2. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Probaly not. It's attack is a lanette which wasn't used a lot. The pachirisu coming out in the next set is the new dunspace.

3. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

Considering how Pachirisu in DP4 is IDENTICAL to Dunsparce, I'd say no.

4. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I don't see anybody playing Kricketune anymore. So I say it could work. The only problem is that all of the Pokemon that it finds must be different.

5. Scipio

Scipio New Member

Not quite, because Pachirishu can't switch back immediately. He does have a sweet attack though.

Still, before Pachirishu is here, Corsola is well worth playing. Hook sucks, but that Rally thing is good if you just play 2 types already.

6. Dark Weedle

Dark Weedle New Member

if the kricket does 70-80 t2, arent you already gone with or without the grass weakness. Not that kricket is played anyway + you jus got 3 more basics with the attack i think you would be ok

7. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

Nobody ever switches back with Dunsparce anyways.

8. Magic_Umbreon

Does anyone have DP4 spoilers? o_O

9. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Yes, right here!
    To me, it looks like Pachirisu will be a better choice than Corsola most times. It has a fighting weakness however.

10. Magic_Umbreon

^My jaws are dropped, that card is MINT and really makes fighting types THE PLAY.

As there's zero discussion value left for our corel reef dweller *changes title*

thanks a lot :p

11. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

You obviously never saw RS-on DragTrode. They switched to Dratini almost every time.

12. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

Yeah they did. You sparce for a jirachi DX so that you don't burn the energy on sparce and can still use him to bianchi a few turns.

13. Bohn

Bohn New Member

powblock anybody?

they used to switch to magmar TRR or jirachi DX after strike n run.

but anyway, i think pachirisu is better becuz of the atk, the hability of getting rid of cess crystal is good.

14. tglilly

tglilly New Member

I like it's ability to search for 3 new basic pokemon with one attack and get rid of tools with the other. Though I would not put it in to the same place as Dunsparce since it could switch it self after the attack, which is very usefull. Also Dunsparces could achully help stall on a flip if you really need to.

15. Ky00ber the III

Ky00ber the III New Member

fighting weakness is a non-issue with 70HP and still has some middle/late game power with smash shot.

16. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

Pachirisu can stock your bench with basic Pokémon (Call For Family) and deal damage and discard Pokémon tool cards in your opponent's hand (Smash Shot). Both attacks require C Energy making it more versitile. It is not an exact replacement of Dunsparce SS, but it is useful in this format where Pokémon Tools are visible.