Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is there a "BEST iPod" ?

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
I'm calling on you techno savvy peoples to help me with this one.

I always buy cheaper MP3 players like the Sanza or the ZEN.

I just haven't stepped up my game to an iPod yet.

HOWEVER ...

Everything is incorporating iPod compatibility into it's design, so I need to hop on board fast!

GUYS.. help me with this...

What is the SICKEST iPod out ?

I want to get like a beast one so I don't need to worry about falling behind the times for awhile.

Thanks.

(wow, I feel like a geezer now :frown: )

I have a pretty nice Zen, and I love it. I hear a lot of complaints about iPod and iTunes problems, and since they bought all these iPod-exclusive peripherals, they can't switch out. :p

What do you need the iPod for? That'll give us a better idea as to what suits you.

I've got a touch and I like it a lot, surfing is awesome, there are a few nice games and has lots of other options.

Over here the deals for iphones are terrible but if you can get a good deal in the us I'd get one, its just all in one, phone, mp3 player and ds :p Through you should get a recharge battery xD

i like i touch. if you want only music, it has enough room for at least few hundred songs. and games are fun. :p

Even I have to admit the Touch is probably the sickest one out there; the touch screen is very nice and works well, web surfing is a plus (pretty fast also considering how small it is), tons of fun apps out there, and the like. Heck, on the latest generation of iTouch, you can even install the Skype app and make free VOIP calls with it (though you have to buy the special headphones that have a mic or something). Don't bother with the iPhone unless you like AT&T and their somewhat icky contract...

For the cheap end, I'd avoid the Shuffle (never understood how those sold well) and consider a Nano; I kinda like the small square ones as opposed to the newer long/thin one (I think it's easier to watch stuff on the square ones), but that's a personal preference.

I hate iTunes soooo much.

I'm very happy with my Walkman MP3

But, if you want the sickest, best-quality MP3 there is . . .

Check this out

That is all fine if your just into music. But the question is why would you want to limit yourself? Itouch has sooo many features. I have free texting on there(5.99 install) surf the web(Free) set up e-mail notifications(I have my work and personal right there) and with the addition of mlb.tv you can watch live sporting events. Are you kidding why would you not want one?

Yeah iPod Touch is probably the best iPod out there currently. If you have Wi-Fi in your house, or are at a Wi-Fi location frequently, the touch can be VERY helpful. If you just want it for the music though, you can stick with a nano. Either way, iTunes can be a hassle....but if you're in to games , VERY useful applications(most of which are free) and applications that annoy the crap out of your friends and family, touch is the way to go.

I've got an iTouch G1 8GB. I'd say anything iPod is pretty decent, but I'd go for a larger hard drive. I wouldn't touch a Shuffle with a 10 foot stick.

The "best" iPod depends on two things: what you're going to be using it for and how many songs you have.

I own a 120GB Classic. Although it lacks the amazing games/apps and any sort of internet access, it has a long battery life and can hold easily my 40GB of music and 26GB of video, while also doubling as an external hard drive for my computer.

The touch/phone, on the other hand, will give you a lot more enjoyment outside of music/movies and that may be your preference. Games are fairly cheap and good, and having the full internet (not a watered-down cellphone version) in the palm of your hand is also good. If you only have a couple hundred songs, this is probably the better option.

I myself would like to watch AND listen to music/vids I have.The Nano could do that if you're not looking for apps to have fun with.
Last time I checked, there's a couple of different Gens of Nano.

Go with the Ipod Touch for sure. Lot's of fun games and very versatile.

However, Apple usually comes out with new iPod models around September/October every year, so I might consider holding off on the iPod for a month or so. You can always tell when a new one is about to come out by their promotions. Right now if you buy a mac for college, they give you a free iPod touch. That's their way of clearing inventory while selling more macs. Then when that promotion is over, (which I think is September 9th) they come out with a new generation and then everyone wants the newest thing and they make even more money. Just wait a month or so and then buy the newest one. Trust me you don't want to spend $200+ and then it get immediately outdated. Hope I helped!

OMG @ how cool all of you are for trying to steer me in the right direction!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I think I'm going with the majority and trying out that iTouch.

I find myself playing cell phone games while listening to my MP3 player whenever I'm out shopping with the family, so this thing seems to be MADE FOR ME!

There is going to be a media event for Apple on September 9th.

I would wait to see what comes out from there, because there is speculation of new iPods coming out.

Back