Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is there a card in this format that protects your bench from damage from your attacks

kristi

i have a great deck idea but need to no if there's a card that protects your bench from damage from YOUR OWN attacks.

Ask the Masters forum is for card ruling questions. I think you want the Single Card Strategies forum, so I'll move this over there where I'm sure someone can help you.

BDS

Your own attacks? No. Not the whole bench.

Are there effects that lower damage done to a benched pokemon EVEN IF YOU'RE DEALING THE DAMAGE? Yes. Special Metal and Wormadam (Metal Cloak)'s body are capable of protecting 1 pokemon. Same with Buffer Piece.

So... You can't really protect the whole bench with an easy tech, no. Protecting 1 or 2 pokemon shouldn't be too hard though...

Bastiodon, Cloyster, and Dugtrio all block attacks from your OPPONENT'S pokemon. Cloyster has the bonus of being able to block other effects too (Bring Down, Drag Off, etc.), but only on deltas. None of those three save your own pokemon from self damage.

If the entire bench is hit, Mismagius can take advantage of that with Avenge. Depends on how much, and where the damage is.

If you are looking for something to absorb recoil damage from another one of your Pokemon's attacks, try a fossil, since you can discard them before KO after absorbing damage for you.

If you are looking for something to absorb recoil damage from another one of your Pokemon's attacks, try a fossil, since you can discard them before KO after absorbing damage for you.

If your plan is to discard them, why would you even play them to the bench in the first place?

Yes, what Pichu Bros. Rox said. Without any more detail from the OP, it is hard to say what was needed, so I offered a solution to a particular type of self-bench-damage. I was thinking Kecleon.

my deck idea was wishcash (MT) and dodrio (MT). wishcash does 20 damage to ALL bench pkmn. i like the fossil idea and the mismagious idea (i LOVE this card!!!). i think that i'll try bastidon cuz i can discard the fossils and i can do 40 to one of their bench pkmn if they damage me. Thanks for all the help :tongue:

Argh listen!

Damage is done to all bench pokémon right? So what's the point of it taking damage then discarding? Just don't play it. Doesn't that make sense... please tell me it does.

How about playing potion to heal the self damage with the additional bonus of its use of healing enemy attacks too?

Magic Umbreon, in his situation you are correct so i agree with you. kristi, because all of your pokemon on your bench take damage there is no point in using the fossil strategy. sorry.

Back