Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is there an anti Blaze EX deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Mustid

just about everyone is going to be playing some variant of Blaze Ex in their decks id say two out of three decks. There has to be some way of dealing with this powerhouse other than playing the same deck.
I know there must be quite a few people who dont have the cards to make it, (myself included) so i need an alternative. My aggron deck worked fine before, but blaze ex destroys it.

I was thinking some variant of kingra ex, but i only have two.
well here is my idea.

pkmn 21

4 horsea (reverse thrust/retaliate)
4 seadra (water bullet/water arrow)
3 kingdra ex
4 dunsparce
2 suicune ex
2 wobby
2 meditite

energy 18

4 boost
4 multi
10 water

trainers 21

4 pkmn nurse
3 copycat
3 wally's
3 por
2 shards
3 switch
3 petm

the only problem is i will be destroyed by an amphy deck, i have the meditites for that. im not really sure about the suicune, hes only in there because he ohko's blaze ex, but, blaze ohko's him. buffer peice might be a good idea in this deck but im really not sure. tell me what I can do to change this deck.
thanks

The ADV 4 ninetales can fit into a kingdra deck nicely but it hasn't been released yet. I think wobbuffet + meditite are enough handle amphy, but don't most water decks lose to electric or grass? So don't worry about amphy that much.

I think you need AQ kingdra so that you can move energy around to quickly power up wobbuffet and meditite. Suicune takes too much energy to power up and you need to return the energy in order to do big damage. I would take out the 2 suicune ex and add in 2 AQ kingdra. I think taking out 1 dunsparce won't hurt that much and put in one skyridge ditto. You can copy blazex's attack and OHKO a benched ray or rs blaziken (that would take some time and energy to power its attack though...). Ditto always helps against ray ex. You can power up ditto in one turn against ray ex with the help of aq kingdra.

Either lose petm or wally's, you definitely don't need both. 3 pk nurses are enough because pokemon is all about OHKO now, you may not even have chance to use nurse, but potion is helpful against amphy ex. Amphy can't OHKO kingdra ex but remember you'll take 10 damage whenever you attach an energy on kingdra, removing that 10 damage with potion prevents kingdra from being OHKO'ed. If you don't like potion, strength charm helps kingdra is many ways. With strength charm, kingdra ex is able to OHKO exp amphy, blaziken ex (with WCCC), gardy, etc...

I built a Muk deck and it beat alot of BAR decks and amphy decks.I don't know if your talkin blaze with ex or BAR styles or something like that but Muk does really well against those by shutting down energy draw,energy connect,and firestarter.

yeah, i know, but muk is a really bad pokemon, and since you need to keep him out at all times, they could just power up a regular blaze on the bench and ko it. besides, you need to run like 4

and wobby is wobbufet (since wobby doesnt even sound like wynaut.)

I know i need to get rid of suicune, so i did. i just dont know what to replace it with.

pkmn 21

4 horsea (1 reverse thrust/3 retaliate)
4 seadra (4 water arrow)
3 kingdra ex
(2 Auq kingdra?)
4 dunsparce
2 WOBUFFET
2 meditite

energy 18

4 boost
4 multi
10 water

trainers 21

4 pkmn nurse
3 copycat
3 wally's
3 por
2 shards
3 switch
3 petm

ok two open slots, hopefully for pokemon.

im thinking maybe two auq kingdra, but i dunno, they dont seem too good. i like the whole energy swap thing, but he cramps up the bench.

If you guys think i should replace the suicune with auqopolis kingdra then let me know :)

I've given consideration to running a Nidoking/Wailord EX deck (with Crystal Shards), but playtesting has show it takes just too long to power up.

...lol, do you have any input on my deck?

errr, thanks for letting me know tho, nowi will never think of building something like this :D

I was thinking Kingdra ex could use DRE if the ruling stays true. You could attach it to Seadra and then evolve. My idea was also as purely a Blaze ex stopper and then you just need Boost for the ohko. Just 2 nrg. Also I wouldn't play Meditite, instead put more Wobs or Ditto. You REALLY don't need 6 supporters searching for evos, especially when you have just 1 evo line.

why no meditite, they are my only defense against an electric deck.

besides, now im not sure on this, but if i can get an opening hand with horsea, petm, wally's and at least one water nrg i can get kingra ex out second turn.

this all depends if i can evolve into seadra then use wally's to evolve into kingdra. no one has really answered me on this ruling yet.

this is unlikely though, what do you suggest i should rplace the meds for and the evo search, be specific.

sorry for the double post, but i just wanted to state that i think im going to take out the wallys for strength charm so i can ohko a blaze ex with 1 water and a boost slapped on = 150 dmg WOOT :D

Kingdra is a good yes, but it loses to amphy straight up and i have doubts against Blaziken/Blaze Ex/Amphy when it is legal. If they can get up an amphy and start koing kingdras its a big problem. Wally's training is just sooooo eh btw. I tried it before and tested it a lot and it seemed late game when i needed to buy a turn to evolve, i couldnt send my horsea or seadra active or it would die. I'm just not sure about that card, but if DRE is ruled as is, then it could be good. I dunno even kingdra still doesnt AUTOWIN or probably even win consistantly vs Blazzy.

About Muk ex btw to all of you. I tried it 4 games against a Blaziken ex/Blaziken/Rayquaza and lost all 4 games, granted i had some serious bad luck and bad draws, but when a deck isnt consistant with NINETEEN DRAW CARDS, then you know something is MAJORLY wrong, or that the opponent's deck is SERIOUSLY broken. Muk just gets MAIMED by Blaziken R/S and that freaking Blaziken ex's blaze kick, i mean burn is a serious problem. Even Wobbs in Muk doesn't do a whole lot, just buys them time to power up blaziken ex and ko ur muks. I've already tried a lot of things and nothing has worked so far to beat blazzy, there are people on here who can vouch i am a good player, so note that my testing is valid.

scizor, i know this deck would be murdered by a fast amphy deck, but i doubt many ppl will be playing them at my league. i have the medities in there because of it.

but do you think this deck could beat a bar or rambo deck if it got a fast eough start up.

i can ohko a reyquaza with shards and boost, and i can ohko a blaze ex with strength charm and boost.

i have two open slots in my deck right now which i want to fill with pokemon, but i think trainers mightbe better. what should i put in?

venasaur i can ohko a reyquaza ex with shards.

im not really afraid of them... but i need to playtest this deck before i can actually say this :p

Do you really think a player is gonna be dumb enough to attack with rayquaza if you have a fully powered kingdra on the bench? Shards are good, yes, but Jermy is right, rayquaza is a problem. About your question BAR vs Kingdra. IMO with Blaziken ex OHKOing seadras on the bench and Amphy pwning u in OHKO fashion i don't see how kingdra beats it consistantly. If you get a good setup MAYBE, but that's assuming BAR doesn't and it WILL cuz it is VERY CONSISTANT. These water decks everyone is developing (swampert trash) are just garbage. They don't beat really ANYTHING else and in a State Tournament all it takes is a 1st round matchup with Amphy and then there is 1 loss, then you play a bunch of other random things and lose AT LEAST ANOTHER GAME. MAYBE in worlds an anti-blaze deck would work, but there is NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING that beats it 75%+ of the time.

I know this doesn't occur very often but kingdra ex doesn't have to be powered up at all. Just lay a boost and shard and ray is gone. A fully powered kingdra + strenght charm can OHKO amphy. Strenght charm is not played by most people but it can be a surprise and imo it is a good card in a kingdra ex because there are many non-ex stage 2 that have exactly 100 hp.

I used to play kingdra with nincada, ninjask and shedinja. It wasn't the best deck but it was fun because sometimes my opponent didn't expect a shedinja and ninjask can do 60 to gardex and hide.

...scizor

scizor scizor scizor

ok here we go.

if i have a kingra with 1 WATER ENERGY i can ohko a reyquaza..wait.. i dont even need a water, just a boost

i NEVER give my kingra more than onw water energy, EVER. boost with shards ohkos quaza and boost with strength charm ohkos blaze ex.

i playtested this deck against a rambo deck today and i went 3-2 (i only lost two times cuz i had no hand :p )

this deck does work, at least well enough. i ended up putting in to strenght charm instead of auq kingdra, and they help. I was thinking of taking out one petm and one wallys for 2 water energy, lanettes net search, or more pokemon. I already have enough cards getting me what i need.

well i have some time before states to tweak this deck so wish me luck :)

I WILL NEVER PLAY MARSHTOMP/WAILORD EX (i dont know why... i just wont..ever) STOP TELLING ME TO, lol

here is my deck so far

pkmn 21

4 horsea (retaliate)
4 seadra (water arrow)
3 kingdra ex
4 dunsparce
2 wobby
2 meditite

energy 18

4 boost
4 multi
10 water

trainers 21

4 pkmn nurse
3 copycat
3 wally's
3 por
2 shards
3 switch
3 petm
2 strength charm

OR

trainers 21

4 pkmn nurse
3 copycat
2 wally's
3 por
2 shards
3 switch
2 petm
4 strength charm

(slight difference, may change things though)

Last edited:
Here is a thought...Use Whiscash from Dragon....He is protected on the bench...Use an active pokemon to stall until Wiscash can attack.....This card may slow down Blaz Ex...or not...

Card 48/97
Name: Whiscash
Evolves from Barboach (Stage 1)
Type: Water
HP: 90
Weakness: Grass
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: (*)(*)
Poke-Body: Submerge- As long as Whiscash is on your Bench, prevent all damage done to Whiscash by opponent's attacks.
(W)(*) Surf 30
(F)(*)(*)(*) Magnitude 60 Does 10 damage to each Benched Pokemon (both yours and your opponent's). (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.
Rarity: Uncommon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back