Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is this calculation correct?

Fantasy Fox

Scizor from Neo Discovery:

{M} False Swipe Does damage equal to half the Defending Pokémon’s remaining HP (rounded down to the nearest 10). ?

IF there is a Pokemon which has a weakness to Metal, and you use Scizor's False Swipe on it, would it straight away be knocked out?

Lets say that Pokemon has 100HP. You use Scizor's False Swipe on it and deal 50 damage. Since it has a weakness to Metal, Scizor's attack would do doubled which is 100 damage which means knock out, right?

And is there really a card which has a weakness to Metal?

Fantasy Fox said:
Scizor from Neo Discovery:

{M} False Swipe Does damage equal to half the Defending Pokémon’s remaining HP (rounded down to the nearest 10). ?

IF there is a Pokemon which has a weakness to Metal, and you use Scizor's False Swipe on it, would it straight away be knocked out?

Lets say that Pokemon has 100HP. You use Scizor's False Swipe on it and deal 50 damage. Since it has a weakness to Metal, Scizor's attack would do doubled which is 100 damage which means knock out, right?

And is there really a card which has a weakness to Metal?

Yes, it would be knocked out, unless they have an uneven #for their HP, or they have cards like Defender/Buffer Piece/Metal NRG/Unown M(and prolly some more).

I know exactly where to find THE DEFINATIVE answer....
Its in BDS's sig ;)

[edit: NoPoke Take One hundred lines.....

I must not confuse Pokepop with BDS.
I must not confuse Pokepop with BDS.... ]

Last edited:
To a pokemon, without any damge reducers, a Pokemon weak to steel with an even amount of HP is OHKO'ed, a Pokemon with an uneven has 10 HP left.

It was a not so common combo back in the Rocket On modified. TR Porigon changes a pokemons weakness to another type (assuming it had a weakness to begin with). since it was a free retreater, just retreat and slaughter with False Swipe.

Another card that is weak to Steel, released here anyways, Snorunt from Dragons. Basically anything that is a Water type in the TCG because it is an Ice Type in the GB games.

Don't all Pokemon always have an even amount of hp?

You mean muliple of 20.

Don't feel too bad. I cought MTM making the same mistake.

by even uneven I meant by damage counter placement, sorry. Yes 110 hp, is even, but you must place 11 Damge counters (or more) to KO it

Spectreon said:
by even uneven I meant by damage counter placement, sorry. Yes 110 hp, is even, but you must place 11 Damge counters (or more) to KO it

Ok, sorry about the wording on the previous post, allow me to change it to.
jdb728 said:
Yes, it would be knocked out, unless they have an uneven # for the second to last # in their HP, or they have cards like Defender/Buffer Piece/Metal NRG/Unown M(and prolly some more).

Again, sorry for the confusion I may have caused.

Sorry everyone...I didn't see the word rounded DOWN to the nearest 10, I thought it was rounded UP.

By putting a Strength Charm, then it would be a knock out.

Back