Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is this it for pokemon?

desufnoc

Can you really imagine another generation of pokemon? It is sad that I can name more pokemon than actual animals. I'm sure that can't keep inventing pokemon forever can they. Does anyone else see pokemon not lasting longer than another 2 or 3 years? I would say the first thing to go would be would be the tv show followed by the tcg and lastly the video games. What does everyone else think?

Pokemon won't die until it stops making money.

That might never happen. It certainly won't happen soon (in the next 10+ years), considering recent sales, particularly of the video games.

^ True, but will they have to keep making more and more new pokemon? I mean, maybe in the next 1-3 years they may have to make another generation, and people now say the Pokemon from the BW generation are bad. Although it still will have I think at least another 3-4 years.

Last edited:
I think what keeps some players playing IS the new pokemon. I could be wrong, I just cant see them coming out with new generation after new generation.

That is true, but I heard some things at my school about people saying the newer pokemon are bad (as in bad ideas for pokemon btw). My sister doesn't really like any of the new Pokemon stuff anymore because there are so many she can't keep track, and she doesn't like them.

10 million sales strong. Yeah, not going anywhere. BW is the only Pokemon generation that has failed to sell 15 million, and it's only been out for, what, a year? The two Remake generations have sold 10 million each. Each of the "Third Games" have sold in excess of 6 million copies.

Not going anywhere.

As long as pokemon makes money itll keep coming it may not need to make new pokemon in the next 2-3 years as keldeo meoletta and genesect have not officially been announced theres another movie there they probably will just go with another season on tv like battle frontiers just making one or two new pokemon for the whole season as for the games pokemon has left a wide variety of options open for themselves with all their different sereis (main rumble dungeons ranger they could remake emerald and runy and sapphire heck they could even remake pokemon pinball) and people would by them as for tcg as long as thwre are new cards with new strategies or new picture for the younger kids i dont thinm their going out any time soon

I hope you are right Raen, Bullados, and Pikajew. I'd hate to lose something I have been so attached too for so long.

10 million sales strong. Yeah, not going anywhere. BW is the only Pokemon generation that has failed to sell 15 million, and it's only been out for, what, a year? The two Remake generations have sold 10 million each. Each of the "Third Games" have sold in excess of 6 million copies.

Not going anywhere.

lolllll

A 33% loss in sales and you call that going strong?

That 15m is lifetime sales.

BW already has 12.87m sales in a year. It won't have any problems hitting that target.

Really I can't think of Pokemon ending.I mean it has been on for so long and it does great.The company making them is one of the wealthiest in the world due to the many sales that the games provide.And that's just the games.Cards,toys etc not included.

But I also can't imagine another generation. Pokemon started as very very simple and natural.Like animals with supernatural powers.Now they started to look A BIT like Digimon. The first time I saw Blaziken it reminded me of a Digimon that I can't remember now xD And to be honest, I like quite a lot the new Pokemon but this ice cream cone Pokemon is PLAIN SILLY. Ice cream? It is lame.

Pokemon isn't going to die.

It's going to faint, and then someone can use a Revive.

There's an end to every beginning. That said, Pikachu is more recognizable to Japanese children than Mickey Mouse. Being the icon it is, Pokemon will be around in some form for many years to come.

They already did that with fire red and leaf green. I believe they will remake the others before they make another red and blue. I truly wonder what the fan base of pokemon was at its peak compared to today.

They already did that with fire red and leaf green. I believe they will remake the others before they make another red and blue. I truly wonder what the fan base of pokemon was at its peak compared to today.

True, but it would still be nice for the GBA games to be remade for the newer platforms.

Nintendo's a shadow of what it was, clinging on to the success of all of its franchises through one remake after another. Personally I'd like to see it go out with a bang, a Zelda Collector's Edition style compilation of the games' history, say for DS with full link compatibility in full retro glory. Celebrate what it was then leave it be. That's not going to happen because dragging it down into the grave further and further is profitable. Each new generation seems somewhat stale, adding little to the original formula that was so successful. The original 150 is where it's at. Not another 500, or 10 event pokemon each generation. 3 starters, 1 event pokemon, 1 in-game uber and three legendary birds was the winning classic formula. Leave it be.

And as for the cards: One card for each pokemon, not ten different artworks for each. You pulled a Charizard, you HAD Charizard, that was the whole appeal! Not a Chairzard ex and a Charizard * and delta and God knows what else. It went downhill with the Team Rocket and Gym sets, profitable sure, but sapping at the very iconic cultural status Pokemon had achieved. Yu-gi-oh went the same way - you had Dark Magician, Blue eyes white dragon, mirror force, it was classic, people liked it.

Don't forget, we thought that Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum would be the last generation.

I do not think it is going to stop. I think that the TV show might disappear, but I believe the that the video games and the TCG will continue on.

I just hope that next generation, the Pokemon are a bit more appealing. Anyone else hoping for another Eevee evo?

Back