Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

It's a wreckin' Machine: The Garner Cities Report

supertyranitar

This is my first cities report for this round of cities. I must say, Garner was one of the toughest CC's I've been to yet. Many hard match-ups, and I wasn't even sure how I would do with all the interesting decks there. I ended up playing MetaNite of all things.

So, let's get to the actual report then, shall we? I probably won't be able to remember everything, so forgive me.

Round 1: Wobbuffet/Misdrevious/Dusclops
This game wasn't too hard. However, I wasn't getting the best of draws early on. However, I did have a candy in hand, and beldum on bench. Plus, two Dratini's in play. I was able to top-deck the Meta d, Candy into it, and get set-up within a couple turns. Her Dunsparce and Wobbuffet were annoying, however, with confusion and increasing retreat cost. However, thanks to a switch, and some energy, I was able to play through it, and KO everything with two Metas.

1-0

Round 2: Tyranitar ex/Altaria ex (Brian L.)
I'll admit it right now, I got pretty lucky in this game. So we both have bad starts. However, he mulligans twice, but ends up getting Tyranitar ex's out pretty fast after a couple of turns. He starts with a Ditto with Copy, and as for me, I don't exactly remember. Eventually, we both set up, and both just waiting for something to be sent up. It ends up being a trade off of Prizes, but he pulls out a Tyranitar d, to KO a Meta. I also had to burn about 7 energy to take a Tyranitar ex out. It did pay off with pulling a Latios ex d. In the end, I have the Latios ex d out, having taken out the Tyranitar d out with a couple lucky Agility flips. So, I use Latios ex d's first attack to prevent him from attacking with all the Ex's he had out. In the end though, he made a mistake, and that cost him the game. I had up the Meta d after KO"ing the Tyranitar d, and he played the dark on the wrong thing. Plus, he had two prizes left, AND couldn't use Lose Control, otherwise I'd win. So, I was able to KO it via Meta d for game.

2-0

So, now it breaks off to lunch. Mom comes back with some Mikky D's, but I only get to eat t he fries since I decide to play someone as well. :confused: Soon though, the round begins, me being first place of all things.

Round 3: Flariados :eek: (James W., Muk Man)
I felt bad for the guy in this one. He couldn't really pull off a set up, but he did manage to pull Ariados. However, I just knew that high retreat costs would've ended me, so I made sure that I had two Beldum in play, and a Drag d, as well as Latios* active. The game goes on for a while, but I'm able to win it in the end.

3-0

Round 4: Mirror. (Erik N., eriknance)
Well, I got blown out of the water here folks. I couldn't get a fast enough set up, and bad starts don't really help things. I get down to four prizes, but he takes them all, winning it. >.<

3-1

So raffles are done, and the tops are announced. I get second place, and end up having to face off against James W. again. O.O

Round 1: Flariados (James W., Muk Man.) THE REMATCH.

Game 1: This one was close, that's all I can really remember. I pretty much try and set up as fast as possible, but also try to be conserving when it came to evolving, just incase of Ariados. It came down to close prize draws, but I'm able to lure out a Flare ex, and ko it via Latios ex d for the last two prizes.

4-1

Game 2: Another close game, that I really can't remember yet again. lol. It pretty much comes down to the same thing as before, except he had one Ariados remaining. I play a Latios ex d again, and this time it bites me as he pulls it up, and I couldn't flip heads to save my life, so he KO's it to gain his last two prizes.

4-2

Game 3: As we're getting into it, Sudden Death kicks in. I start off with a Latios*, and have a mentor in hand, not to mention a switch, and am going first. So, I'm able to charge up the Latios in three turns, building up his active spinerak with 20 on it, and he evos it to an Ariados. I mentored for a Latios ex d and Beldum, having a celio in hand to back me up with beldum as well. I had the match early, thanks to the switch and start. GG's man, GG's.

5-2

Round 2: Mirror (Erik N., eriknance) THE REMATCH AND FINAL!

Game 1: This game I pretty much get blown out of the water again, with him being able to set up faster then I am, and he's able to take this game.

5-3

Game 2: Well, it's the other way around this time. I get set up pretty fast, and start knocking away at his stuff, trying to gain fast prizes and get the game over with. He almost came back, but I was able to stop that before hand.

6-3

Game 3: The final to decide it all. So, I start out with a Dratini d, and THREE rare candy in hand. I'm freakin' worried, and I'm looking at his field, with a full bench. I end up drawing into a Dragonite, and RC right into it. Later on, I get two Metagross d in hand, and get a mentor. So, I'm sure you all can guess what I did. Mentor, RC x2 for two Meta's, and just try and set up. It looks as if he's not getting much, and still trying to set up. And I'm able to set up, and take the game. He gets down to four prizes, and ties it to sudden death. But, I'm able to KO the Meta DX he had used to KO Drag, for the game. I find out that two of his candys were prized, and that's what hurt him from really being able to set up fast enough.

7-3

So, after those scary games, I'm about ready to collapse. But, I get my stuff, help out with loading the car up, and head on for home. I really didn't expect to win with MetaNite of all things, especially after building it practically the night before.

Props
Gettin' to see everyone again.
The great games that I had.
The store for being the pwnzors.
Just a great event in general

Slops
Branson losin' in top 2 =(
My sister for not doin' so well.
Tati for just missing top. =(

It was funny later that night, when me and Tina called you, you felt excited that you won. GJ Mike, and keep it up!

Great job bud! Those were intense games, which are always the best. Heh, my brother joked around later that night about how I never seem to win against MetaNite (even though I know the deck inside and out). Honestly, the mirror match that MetaNite has is insane. You had some very good techs in your list though that helped you out in the long run.

Superior performance Mike, you get better each time I play you. :smile:

Oh yeah...

Slops
Branson losin' in top 2 =(
My sister for not doin' so well.
Tati for just missing top. =(

Agreed. Branson should have won with ... whatever we call it. The Swamp? Feral Lock?

eriknance said:
Agreed. Branson should have won with ... whatever we call it. The Swamp? Feral Lock?
Thanks, don't get down I hope to get back at em this week. Good job Mike that match was a close one I heard. You deserved it and Erik you beasted as well...lol.

Blastoise-shellshocker said:
It was funny later that night, when me and Tina called you, you felt excited that you won. GJ Mike, and keep it up!

As well as about ready to pass out. :tongue:

Flaming_Spinach: Yeah, that's just how it goes sometimes I guess. The deck least expected to do well ends up doing better then expected.

Feraligatr: Tell me about it, I wasn't even sure if I'd be able to pull that one out.

Moza: But of course!! And thank ya.

Erik: I agree all the way with Branson winning. HE SO SHOULD'VE!!! And thanks. Those games were just...CRAZY! lol. I really thought you had me after the swiss and 1st games, I was convinced that I wasn't gonna pull it out.

ShawofMordor: Lol, I'm sure. And thank ya.

Prime: Thank ya sir.

Twinkle: Thank ya.

Im_Me: Hope ya get back up and get 'em dude!

Lawman: Hope to see ya as well dude! And Thanks!

the_sniper: Thanks dude!

PM: YES!!! *Pumps fist*

Speedy dude: Hope to see ya as well good sir.

Special_K: D'oh, I knew I forgot somethin'.:lol:

Spazcrackers: Thanks man! =D

Ncpichachufan2000: Awww yeah!

Back