Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jack of All Trades

IronPika

I've been thinking of putting together a deck with every popular card in the format stuffed in there, just to see how awesome and mindbendingly good it'd be. I'm talking 2-2-2 lines of Kingdra and Cursegar, 2-2 Donphan, Luxray, Garchomp, and a buttload of Rainbow, Multi, and SP energy. On a scale of one to ten, how awesome and great would this be?

0? It'd be funny to see your opponent's face if you show a mulligan hand of a Jumpluff, a Kingdra Prime, a Lux X, a Machamp, a T-tar Prime, a DGX, and a rainbow energy, though.

I have acually been thinking of a deck like this called TechDeck. I think it may have some potential but I have not fabricated it yet, so I cannot say anything for sure. Right now the main problem is finding a universally good starter for all the Pokemon.

My Rating 7.92.

I tried this in SP form, using 9 LVX's in a 1-1 line, accompanied by Bronzong G, Lucario GL and Azelf...believe Unown G too. The list was akin to this...
1-1 Luxray
1-1 Blaziken
1-1 Garchomp
1-1 Uxie
1-1 Dialga
1-1 Palkia
1-1 Staraptor
1-1 Mismagius
1-1 Absol
Hilarious fun but it doesn't work. At all :p

I think a lot of us, have had that idea.. Or am I only speaking for myself ? ^^

I would run it with some 1-1-1 and some 2-2-2 lines though, and a 3-3 line of claydol. 4 Comms for sure .. :p

//peace

What I was thinking was something like this
1-0-1 Kingdra Prime
1-0-1 Machamp SF
1-0-1 Gengar SF
1-0-1 Nidoqueen RR
1-1 Dnphan Prime
1-1 Mightyena LA
1-1 Manectric PT
1-1 Blaziken FB

Or something like that. Then you would use the forbidden Pichu HGSS as a starter then just use Communications to switch out the pokemon for the ones that you need. And then use POV to get the quick candies and Rainbow Energy that you need, or you could use the old Energy Seach.

In order for that to work, you would need all 4 candies.. better make it without queen and champ, since they are high retreats, and then up the other lines.. :)

//peace

I have acually been thinking of a deck like this called TechDeck. I think it may have some potential but I have not fabricated it yet, so I cannot say anything for sure. Right now the main problem is finding a universally good starter for all the Pokemon.

My Rating 7.92.

A skate board deck? Crazy idea :tongue:

I guess it would be kind of like an SP toolbox? Although in this case, it's just a Toolbox

On a scale of one to ten, how awesome and great would this be?

Awesome, 9. Playable, -5.

There is a reason no one has done this so far. HoPe is the only deck that can do this effectively, and it's devilishly tricky to run and build... and even then it doesn't work all the time.

My Rating 7.92.

I actually played a deck like this about 3 years ago, and named it TechDeck. Haha!!!

I'd give it a rating of >9000 in creativity, skill, and hilarity, but 1.337 in playability.

4 years ago there was an amazing deck called TechDeck. It consisted of 4 2-2 lines and 3 1-1 lines. This decks first appearance was at the regionally in Arlington texas and made it to the top4 only to lose to Silvestro by way of a horrible dq.

Awesome, 9. Playable, -5.

There is a reason no one has done this so far. HoPe is the only deck that can do this effectively, and it's devilishly tricky to run and build... and even then it doesn't work all the time.

i KNEW that was coming up somewhere. :p

I'd give you a 10/10 for creativity. Stuffing all those Pokemon into one deck would be very fun, since you would have an answer to about everything your opponent could throw at you.

However, I'd give it a 1/10 for playablility. You run so many lines, so you won't have a lot of consistency. You need a full Cyrus engine for SPs, and you need a Claydol/Candy/Communication engine for stage 2s.

It's very funny to think about what you can stuff into a fun deck.

I'd give you a 10/10 for creativity. Stuffing all those Pokemon into one deck would be very fun, since you would have an answer to about everything your opponent could throw at you.

However, I'd give it a 1/10 for playablility. You run so many lines, so you won't have a lot of consistency. You need a full Cyrus engine for SPs, and you need a Claydol/Candy/Communication engine for stage 2s.

It's very funny to think about what you can stuff into a fun deck.

Then quit the SP lines, and focus on the stage1 or 2 lines, with a heavy claydol line.. wouldn't be THAT hard to work..

//peace

Interesting and funny idea, but far too inconsistent too be played for competitive play (i.e. tournies), but maybe league. This deck seriously reminds me of Hope.

Back