Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Japan Meta/Decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cetra

Where do people figure out what players are playing in places like Japan?

Also has any news of Arceus being played as a decktype surfaced anywhere?

Where's Tego? He usually lets us in on what's up in Japan.

I don't think Arceus will be viable either until next format or if someone comes up with something really out of the box. Ripple Swell seems to be crucial to get the deck's momentum going, and not only can be hard to pull off without a super tight list but it leaves you vulnerable to Dusknoir DP (And Palkia G Lv. X kinda hurts, too). Plus there's no room for Uxie/Azelf/Claydol/Unown G/other techs after the initial Ripple Swell, and getting hit by Machamp can be bit of a problem too... or Mewtwo (I know there's a Fastwave Arceus but you can still only 3HKO Mewtwo without aided damage, and Mewtwo can Recover off the damage rather easily). It seems like it could get going after the first turn or so of set-up with Ultimate Zone, you have 6 ~ 8ish energy to play around with and you can just start pumping out damage. Too bad the deck caps out at 100 damage without factoring in weakness =/

EDIT: Also, weren't we s'posed to get MORE Arceus cards? I though that was the next thing before HG:SS but apparently not.

Pokebeach said:
‘The Advent of Arceus’ Card Pictures and Information

According to the information stated about the Arceus cards, the cards below are not Arceus' true power however. "With the power to shake the foundation of the card universe, introducing the illusionary Pokemon, Arceus! Next time... Arceus' true power will be revealed... These secrets only scratch the surface of Arceus' power!"

If we ever do, maybe it'll make Arceus more playable. But I guess we're getting fed HG:SS in the meantime, but seeing some of the cards I can't complain.

Last edited:
... or Mewtwo (I know there's a Fastwave Arceus but you can still only 3HKO Mewtwo without aided damage, and Mewtwo can Recover off the damage rather easily).

Level Up the Psychic Arceus with the Pantheon Arceus LV.X and then choose to use the Water Arceus' attack. You're still Psychic and hit Mewtwo for 100 instead of 50.

Then you remember that you could've made the right play and dropped your belt on it and cry even more.

pshh with all the 12 year old who are going to build this for citys sicne they think it is good you could deffinatly get 1-2 wins in sr at citys.

Level Up the Psychic Arceus with the Pantheon Arceus LV.X and then choose to use the Water Arceus' attack. You're still Psychic and hit Mewtwo for 100 instead of 50.

Are we forgetting that Arceus X is still a BASIC and could not atk Mewtwo X?

edit: I am wrong. Corrected by folks below....back to your regular discussion.

Last edited:
^Ah...I need to study all the Arceus' then! Missed the water one's atk getting around the body.

I stand corrected. Thx!

Keith

^ Always are, Kev :p

pshh with all the 12 year old who are going to build this for citys sicne they think it is good you could deffinatly get 1-2 wins in sr at citys.

This is fact, and another reason why tournament results aren't always the most reliable. Sometimes overhyped decks win just because of the amount of QUANTITY out there, but it doesn't equal QUALITY.

Every kid at PR's today only wanted Arceus Lv X, luckily no one noticed one of the kids wanting to trade both his Salamence and Gengar X just for 1 Arceus X card..

I'm really interested in what the meta game is like in Japan..

I leave fot one night and come back to lotsa post...YAY ^^'

But honestly, glad to see I started an Arceus discussion ^^'
I really like the deck, but agree i's rediculously dificult to play and might not be worth my full attention until we get Double Colorless energy, but who cares! I thought it was fun ^^;
Though I pry wont be taking Arceus to cities, maybe someday I can make a viable list to at leasy give my opponent a run for their money.

Things I'd like to point out:
Someone said something about not being able to play Uxie, Claydol, Unknow G, etc. Yes it's pretty obvious Claydol and Uxie have to be nixed, but that why you run a bit of a different draw engine than normal. Something heavy trainer based that uses supporter like Rowans and Lookers or evern Volkners to draw massive cards while refreshing the hand (your hand your first couple turns drops to nothing, trust me). Unknown G however isn't all that impossible to tech in. YYou do have to get it out first turn before you start getting set up, but it's far from impossible.

Water Arceus+Psychic Arceus+Omniscient X+expert belt counters Mewtwo 90% of the time (90 because of the potential snowpoint temple)

And as for12 y/okids? Ionno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back