Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Japanese Base Set Booster Box (60 packs)

hyruleguardian

I was thinking about purchasing one of these.

I have a couple of questions about things I have heard but would really like it if someone could confirm.

1) Is it true that in the Japanese booster box a holographic comes in every single pack? (Thus 60 holo foils come in this pack)

2) Is it true that the cards are not randomly distributed like the English boxes are? As in, are you guaranteed to get X amount of one card and Y amount of another, or is there randomness just like the English packs? If the cards are NOT distributed randomly is there any way to find out exactly what comes in each box?

3) Is $145 for this box a reasonable price?

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Yes that set has a holo in every pack

2) Random. The best way to find out exactly what comes in each box is to open every pack.

3) I don't think so.

If $145 isn't a reasonable deal, can you tell me where I might be able to get a better deal?

I checked ebay and amazon and I couldn't find anything cheaper.

Over the last year or so I saw one go for $212 and one go for $136 in eBay auctions, so $145 doesn't seem like a a rip-off. I opened some JPN Base packs about 7 months ago, and I'm pretty sure it was 10 cards/pack and it was only guaranteed that a rare was in each pack. I believe they only started a holo in each pack for the jungle series because there were no non-holo rares and they continued a holo/pack for awhile.

Thanks for the help!

I wonder though... if there isn't a guaranteed holo in every pack, does that mean that a holo comes in about 1 in every 3 packs... or is the ratio different?

Perhaps in the Japanese packs there is an equal chance of getting 1 of the 16 holos as there is 1 of the 16 non-holo rares... so perhaps 1 out of every 2 packs?

Wow i'm sorry i could've sworn you were asking about a Japanese Jungle box.

I opened about 6 packs and I think I got 3 holos and 3 non-holo rares. Hard to say, but hopefully its 1 every 2 packs.

you are guaranteed at least one rare, but I am not sure about two. I know later on the Japanese packs guaranteed a holo and rare, but not sure about the base set.

Back