Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Japanese cards not allowed?

tglilly

I am not to sure where to post this but I though this would be the best spot to post this.
I was wondering if it's ok for the store owner/and or head judge to rule that you can not use any Japanese's cards in tournaments? I always though it was ok to use them but he says he is banning them from all of his tournaments.

Well you can use japanese cards at any offical POP tournament with a Card-dex printout found on the official TCG site, or with English translations. That is a PUI/POP rule.

However with a store owner, it depends. If it is a non sanctioned tournamnet, controlled by the store owner,he has the right to say what cards you can't use. If it is a sanctioned tournamnet (run by the league leader) then you should be able to use japanese cards. However you say store owner/head judge. Like I said, if it is a game store's tourney, that is different then an offical sanctioned tournament.

I know they can disallow it if your whole deck, or most of it anyway, is composed of foreign cards because that is disrupting. And also, a Head Judge's ruling is final, so... what they say is what goes I guess. But this is something strange because the rules say that you can use foreign cards provided the requirements are met.

So, I can't give you a definitive answer. Try the Ask the Masters forum. for the official answer.

Back