Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Japanese "CD Promos"

oooh, I need em, pm me a price, also, I was searching ebay for em about 3 months ago, they were 5-6$, but you should search ebay now, they should still have em...

I bought the whole sealed CD set on ebay a few months back for $25 shipped.

The Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastoise will be the most expensive ones, obviously, but they don't go for all that much. The Charizard was on ebay a few times recently, but only one still shows up, and it didn't sell for $7 shipped. There's a store that has 20 of the Blastoise for $11 shipped right now, and it seems like there have been 6 purchases since early April. Same store has the Venusaur for the same price, 2 purchases.

As for the others, the most valuable of them will probably be the Snorlax, although there is one on ebay right now for $5.50 shipped. The Porygon is worthless anymore, as are the other cards. The Bubble Mew is still awesome looking though - I have 2 others besides the one still in the CD set.

All in all, if you could manage to sell the cards at the prices listed, you probably could make a profit if you bought the set for $25. There's a store that has the sets for $10, but then $15 shipping from Hong Kong. But in time, I'm sure the sealed set will be more valuable than the individual cards.

I went to Frank and Sons last year and one little shop had about 50 of them each. I bought each of the three for two bucks. :p

What exactly are the cards in the set?

I have Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, Porygon, a Trainer card with Misty/Lapras and the Trading Please card (holographic back). They all have the same logo, looks like lightening.

Are there others?

Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Cool Porygon, Snorlax, Mew, Mewtwo, Arcanine, Computer Error, and Super Energy Retrieval, if I recall correctly.

The Misty/Lapras Trainer and the Trade Please weren't part of this.

Not even close.

http://www.pojo.com/CCQA/bestcd.html

Pojo has an old "review" of the CD. Scroll down for good scans of all 10 cards.

edit: Wow, I completely forgot. Some of the packages have an English version of the Base Set Pikachu in there. Read more about it in Pojo's review. I had a feeling there was 11 cards, but I couldn't remember which one was #11.

Hmm. Well I'm confused then. Why do some of the cards have the little lightning logo, some have the black/white pokeball and some have none at all? If it was all the same set, wouldn't they have the same logo?

That's why I'm confused. The Charizard/Venusaur/Blastoise cards have the same logo as Trading Please, the Misty/Lapras trainer and the 2000HP Imakuni trainer.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Well this kind of clears things up, sort of:

http://www.pokemon-2u.com/JPromo/TradingPlease/TradingPlease.htm

So how can I tell if my Char/Blas/Venus are from the Trading Please or the CD set?

Last edited:
Well this kind of clears things up, sort of:

http://www.pokemon-2u.com/JPromo/TradingPlease/TradingPlease.htm

So how can I tell if my Char/Blas/Venus are from the Trading Please or the CD set?
Ha! I just found that site myself. Never had heard of that promotion.

Don't ask me why they have different symbols, but the ones in the CD set do have different symbols, and some have none at all. Not sure why, but that's how they are.

And I guess that means that there are at least 2 sources for the 3 starter evolutions with the lightning bolt symbol. Not sure how you'd tell. :|

All of the 10 promos in the CD set have been released elsewhere before.
It really hurts the value of the original promos.
In most if not all cases, it's impossible to tell the CD promo card from the original promo unless you have it in it's original packaging.

I have a cased venasuar that says CD promo in it. I got it from a friend. I got the mewtow and computer error from a guy at a CC and they gave out the arcanine at Toys R us

The Mew and Mewtwo were from Vending Card series one, sheet #00.
That's right, zero zero.

It was a promotional sheet that had Mew, Mewtwo, and Pikachu on it.
The Pikachu was not reprinted, so that's the valuable card from the sheet, if we're talking peeled off cards.
However, an unpeeled sheet is worth a good bit.

Absol: We're talking Japanese releases, not english.
The Japanese Arcanine was originally given out at Toyota. Yes, the car company. It came with a mounting card, so you have to have that card to get the higher value on the card.

I don't remember where the snorlax was released.

Back