Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Japanese info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_A

A family from our league wants to go over to Japan soon, mostly as a way to vacation, and take in some pokemon while there. They plan on going to at least one of the pokemon centers there, and possibly going to one of the tournaments there. Does anyone have any info, or any links to websites which can help them find out what's upcoming over there?

If they are going to the Pokémon Center in Osaka, I'd love to be a local Poké- tourist guide if needed. Tell them to send me a PM. :) I can also give information on where to look for tournaments, of course.

Problem is, they aren't members of the gym yet. The mother used to live in Japan a number of years ago, and still has family over there. She's the one who can speak and read Japanese, but none of the rest of her immediate family here does. She'd just like to get some info from Japanese websites if possible. I'm sure she could probably do some sort of search and find out herself, but I mentioned some here in the community have some knowledge of some possible websites. If you could pm me with them i'd be happy to send them along to her. Or you can post some here if you know any offhand, that way everyone can benefit.

remember junpapa's gym site? this guy speak english a bit and would like to see players from the west or something

Ummm, nope, I don't remember. Was he a member here at one time?

EDIT: yes, I guess he was. Apparently hasn't posted much. During a search I found this site, but it's part of pokemon-card.com as well.

http://www.pokemon-card.com/lab/entry/070814_116.html

If you can find the website you were talking about Jason, that would be great.

Last edited:
I can get you English directions to either the Pokemon Centers in Tokyo (Nihombashi) or Yokohama. PM me if that would be helpful--I know on my first trip to JPN, I would've loved to have had these!

I'm sure that would come in handy. For me, that would be next to the best gift I could get, if I were going over there. However, I really have no idea where they will be staying, (I'm assuming it would be with relatives) and they may already have a good idea where they are going. I'll ask though, and call on you if the need arises, thanks.

Alright thanks guys for the suggestions and info. I sent what I had along to the family, and now it's just a matter of time until they firm up their plans. I'll give more info later. In the meantime, if anyone has any other info, or websites to add, that would be good. Forums are welcome as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back