Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Japan's 2011 Pokemon World Championships Qualifier Event Cancelled

Man, that really stinks for Japan. I wonder how this is going to affect Worlds 2011. I hope that Japan will be able to have the qualifiers back soon, and I also hope that they will recover out of the earthquake sooner as well.

I don't think people are getting the gravity of the situation in Japan. At some point things like Pokemon events will hapen again, but there are bigger concerns going on.

Agreed...
Did you guys watch the news or anything? They have other issues then pokemon right now,
Maybe the events wil be rescheduled, maybe they wont, it doesnt really matter right now does it?

So sad, another thing that has been lost due to the multiple tragedies. I hope that it will be rescheduled or at the least something can be planned in the future to provide a little fun and enjoyment to the Pokemon players in Japan.

Wow. An 8.9 Earthquake in Japan. People are LOSING they're lives, and they are very sophisticated people. It's kind of a disappointing that Worlds is being cancelled, but that's on a smaller matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay: i've cleaned up this thread, the subject of which is the postponement or possible cancellation of japan's TCG and VG worlds qualifiers due to the ongoing disasters.

the topic is NOT: what prizes were going to be given at those qualifiers, the existance or non-existance of god, effectiveness or not of prayer, or pros and cons of nuclear power.

PLEASE stay on topic: i'd hate to have to lock this thread as this is major news in the TCG and VG communities.

'mom

This is sad. With all the problems the earthquake has caused, i am sure that the people of Japan have more important things to think about.

On the flip side, i would think that with all the disasters, the kids and family's would need something like Pokemon to get their minds off of all these disasters. I remember Teddy Bears being given to kids in disaster situations, i am sure Pokemon would work the same - give the kids something to look toward with all that is going on.

Everyone calm down... This doesn't mean that japan won't make it to worlds. After all, a lot of the planning for worlds is from Japan. They will definitely have a way to get into worlds, but I am not sure of how this will happen. But, the event DOES need something for kids to get this off of their minds. I agree with and earlier post (forgot his name and didn't quote :lol:), and it just makes me feel kind of disappointed with this decision. Although, I bet the main reason that they canceled it was for them having problems of their own. I don't think that it was so much of they wanted to let people deal with THEIR problems, but more as they have things that they still need to solve. Other than that, I just think that these changes will revert to normal, but give it time. Japan is going through a lot, and we don't want to rush anyone.

Back