Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jerachi's secrets revealed, sort of

Well Pokemon.com has just put in some more info on Jerachi, about stats, its special ability, and of course its type.

They also said that Pokemon Movie 6 is going to be all about this Pokemon, and the plot is about awakening it and granting wishes stuck to its head.

Anyone know what this new movie is gonna be called?

I hope its not gonna be as bad as Pokemon 4 Ever, that was the first decline of the movie series. Pokemon Heroes continues the fall with a bomb in theaters probably because of lack of advertizing. This new one will have to pull something extremely big and revolutionary if they're to get back on track.

WARNING - Stop spamming!!

Darkmasterchris said:
JIRACHI!!!!
Hey DarkMasterChris, the post above does nothing to contribute to the discussion on this topic. This is what we call SPAM, and it is not allowed on the boards. :nonono:

We, the administrators, have observed you doing this in several of the other forums around here. This is a friendly warning for you to stop; if you continue in this manner, an e-mail will be sent to you (if one of the other Mods has not already done so) and further infractions may result in disciplinary measures.

Please choose your thoughts more carefully before posting in the future.

Thanks for understanding,
- CHRISBO, Administrator

Last edited:
Eevee234 said:
It will be called the Wishing stars of the Seven nights I think. Find out more at www.serebii.net
That is the Japanese name of the movie. The Japanese tend to have very long and descriptive titles about their movies and episodes. I can almost guarantee for the English release that it will be probably less than 3 words, such as Pokemon Heroes and Pokemon 4-Ever, with a little side title like in "Celebi - The Voice of the Forest."

Or if you want to be like the Japanese, you can name your movie "The Wishing Star of Seven Nights" or your episodes "Plusle and Minun - Road Assistance," and make them incredible long and predictable.

I have to disagree with the last two films being dissapointments. Quite the opposite is true, IMO. The last two films have had considerably better animation than the WB predessors, and, aside from the translation, the film pretty much mirrored that of the Japanese Counterpart.

FYI, "Wishing Star of Seven Nights" is NOT going to be released in theatres, probably due to the fact that critics "villify" (very UNJUSTLY too, I might add) these films. Look for #6, to be out in Spring of 2004, and #5 to be released on 20, January 2004.

HTH,

Skywolf1

I agree with you Skywolf. 4-Ever had many 3-d parts to it such as Suicuine on the hill, Celebi's chase scene, etc. Heroes had so much 3-d effects in it that I got a headache watching it (ie. running through Alto Mare, the controlled water, etc.) The first 3 movies barely had any 3-d to them, besides backgrounds, compared to these movies. The only thing I would have to disagree with would be that the characters in the past 2 movies were poorly drawn - just like the Johto episodes before the digital animation was added.

BTW, the 6th movie will be in digital animation just like the end of Johto and all of the Hoenn episodes, so that is a major improvement to all the movies.

true, the 3-D aspects were always cool, and true, I liked the animation in 1 and 2 better then the rest,

but the lines in 4Ever stated the obvious so many times I wanted to hit them every time they opened their mouths, the plot of 4 was poorly developed.

What do you mean WPM when you say digital animation? I noticed a few very slight differences in the animation but I just thought they switched artists slightly. you know anything more about this new animation?

Last edited:
Digital animation is much cleaner than regular drawings. If you notice, the colors are much brighter and everything is better quality. For example, all the episodes with Jesse's darker-read hair are the ones in digital animation. I really cannot explain it that well, but just look at the Hoenn episodes compared to the first season's and you will see a HUGE difference in the quality.

Also, the reason the Japanese switched to digi animation was because they expanded the building where they draw the episodes and hired a whole bunch more people. They first used the digital animation on the Elekid episode that aired a while ago.

Anyways, if you'd like me to explain it a bit more, just tell me and I'll post more tomorrow - even some screenshots of the differences, if you need me to. However, I am very tired right now and am going to bed.

but the lines in 4Ever stated the obvious so many times I wanted to hit them every time they opened their mouths, the plot of 4 was poorly developed.
I'd have to blame the translators of the US version there, not the original screenwriters; translating 'mori no kami' (god/spirit/guardian of the forest) as 'voice of the forest' is questionable, at best.

Though visually "Celebi" was left the most intact of the movies I've seen both original Japanese and American versions of (scenes were actually ADDED to the American version of this (the Team Rocket 'comic relief' scenes, and the scene at the end after the picturephone call to Professor Oak)...some of the translation is less than faithful, especially when it concerns the 'sacred' state of the forest, and also Suicune.

'mom

Cooltrainer Aaron said:

I'm starting to wonder if the Movie industry is following in the footsteps of the Gaming industry (Video Games, not Pokie machines!), where Visual effects are being improved at the cost of the script and storyline.

After all, look at the 3rd Matrix movie. The special effects such as the fight between Neo and Smith, and Neo's MatrixVision (although it was outside of the matrix - what's with that?), had super graphics, but each of those scenes were quite pointless, and a bit of a letdown to the film, in my opinion. The only amusing and interesting parts of that film were when Neo was trying to leave the train station (the only funny part of the film), and the gunfight scene with Trinity and Morpheus. (at first I thought not another shootout with columns, and then I saw what the opponents did - very nice!)

Anyways, this isn't about the Matrix, this is about films and gaming in general. I enjoy my action flicks as much as the next guy, but what happened to the storyline? the characters? the depth and meaning within the films? If I wanted to see big explosions, and blazing infernos, I'd set my car (and then my house) on fire...

Sure, 'digital this', and 'computer generated that' is nice, but please, _PLEASE_ don't sacrifice the film for the sake of some pretty pictures!!!

Well, that's my 2 cents worth anyways... Oh, and Cooltrainer Aaron, do you have a link to that page?

Back