Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jessie & James with Weezing (Hidden Fates 29/68)

Otaku

Jessie & James said:
Each player discards 2 cards from their hand. Your opponent discards first.

Weezing said:
Ability
Surrender Now

Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is discarded with the effect of Jessie & James, you may have your opponent discard a card from their hand. (They discard that card after the effect of Jessie & James.)
  1. If I use Jessie & James, then discard two copies of Weezing (Hidden Fates 29/68), will both instances of their "Surrender Now" Ability trigger? I'm getting hung up on the "Once during your turn..." clause; is it the usual reminder text or is it stating that no matter how many copies of this Weezing you discard via the effect of Jesse & James in a turn, only one instance of "Surrender Now" will trigger?
  2. If my opponent uses Jessie & James against me and I discard Weezing (Hidden Fates 29/68) as one (or both) of my two cards, would either (or both) of their instances of "Surrender Now" activate?
Thanks!

You're getting the standard "once during your turn" template mixed up with the "you may only use one {Ability} during your turn" template.

The once during your turn refers only to that card. Each copy of that card can use its Ability once per turn.

Both Surrender Now would trigger and the opponent would discard two extra cards.

Back