Interviewers Questions x1
Flower Shop Lady x1
Professor Oaks New Theory x4
Pokemon Collector x3

Energy: 13
Psychic x4
Water x6
Rainbow x3

The idea is to get Archeops on the bench as quickly as you can to prevent the opponent from evolving and to get Jirachi powered up enough to devolve all of the pokemon your opponent may have already evolved. Slowking to keep your opponent from drawing cards like Catcher or just to keep them drawing into waste. Get Kyurem powered up while the opponent is stuck with basics and do 30 to their entire team, 1hkoing babies, 2koing many basics in evo-lines. Problems I see with this idea is that its ruined by basic decks, notably Zek and Reshi variants. Get the eviolite attached to Kyurem to stop most ohko's from Zekrom/Reshiram with a Pluspower.

Help would be greatly appreciated!
(Maybe I could put in Beartic as a counter to zek/resh?)

References:
Archen
:fighting:Rock Throw 20

:colorless::colorless:Acrobatics 20+
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 damage plus 20 more damage for each heads.

Archeops
Ability: Prehistoric Power
While this Pokémon is in play, no player can play a Pokémon from their hand to evolve 1 of his or her Pokémon.

:fighting::fighting::colorless:Rock Slide 60
Does 10 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Kyurem
:colorless::colorless:Outrage: (same as Reshiram and Zekrom's)

:water::water::colorless:Glaciate: This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Pokémon Catcher (Trainer - Item)
Switch your opponent's Active Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon.

Plume Fossil (Trainer - Item)
Look at the bottom 7 cards of your deck. If you find a(n) Archen there, you may put it on your Bench. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

Eviolite (Trainer - Tool)
As long as the Pokémon this card is attached to is a Basic Pokémon, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Last edited:
why no poke collector or communication you have kyurum,jirachi,cleffa and slowpoke
if you don't run those theres no way this deck will get set up

Sounds like a deck that will really start to smash some heads when emerging powers comes out!

-1 Interviewers Questions (not a very good card, they are a lot better ones)
-4 Plume Fossil (unneeded, Pokemon Collector is much better)
-4 Research Record (again, there are much better cards)
-2 Professor Juniper (Oak's is better in this kind of deck)
-4 Junk Arm (a very good card, but you will see why i am taking away most of your trainers)
-4 Pokemon Catcher (Kyurem attacks all pokemon, there is no reason to bring one up)
-3 Rainbow Energy (Archeops should never need to attack)

+3-0-3 Vileplume (The final piece in this amazing lock puzzle, there is no way your opponent can do a single thing with trainer lock, basic lock and draw lock! No gloom because you should have Archeops out very fast)
+3 Water Energy
+2 Professor Oak's New Theory
+1 Pokemon Collector
+2 Pokemon Communication
+3 Professor Elm's Training Method
+4 Rare Candy

1 Empty spaces for your choice.

The biggest threat to this deck that I can see is Reshiram and Zekrom decks, Zekrom especially. I dont know any cards in Emerging Powers, so I didn't know any to add.

Last edited:
Sounds like a deck that will really start to smash some heads when emerging powers comes out!

-4 Junk Arm (a very good card, but you will see why i am taking away most of your trainers)
-4 Pokemon Catcher (Kyurem attacks all pokemon, there is no reason to bring one up)

+3-0-3 Vileplume (The final piece in this amazing lock puzzle, there is no way your opponent can do a single thing with trainer lock, basic lock and draw lock! No gloom because you should have Archeops out very fast)
+3 Water Energy
+1 Pokemon Collector
+2 Pokemon Communication
+4 Rare Candy

The biggest threat to this deck that I can see is Reshiram and Zekrom decks, Zekrom especially. I dont know any cards in Emerging Powers, so I didn't know any to add.

Look up the new fossil mechanic...

Arks Arcanum, Ok, I did, but what does it have to do with anything? It wouldn't really work in this deck.

---------- Post added 08/01/2011 at 03:05 PM ----------

Oh I see... Lol... Guess trainer lock wouldn't work then
and that explains the research records to...

Last edited:

+3 Water Energy
+1 Pokemon Collector
+2 Pokemon Communication
+4 Rare Candy

Rainbow is there for Jirachi and Kyurem not necessarily Archeops but if i needed to, I like the option of having them.
I will get rid of the Junipers, those were a bad idea, thanks!
Catchers are mostly to put one of their heavier attack/retreat basics up front to slow them down. I could cut 2 of them but having some will always be a nice option.
And as stated, can't use trainer-lock or I wouldn't be able to get Archen out very easily!
Thanks for bumping this back to the front though, was beginning to think it was just a plain bad idea!

Lol, it is a completely amazing idea, dont give up on it. You just need to hope archeops and kyurem come out in EP.

Play 4 Archen and 2 Archeops. You need to increase your odds of getting one off of the fossil and Archeops is a dead card once you have one on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back