4 Switch
4 Snowpoint Temple
4 Roseanne’s Research
4 Bebe’s Search

Energy (14):
7 Basic Metal
4 Multi Energy
3 Call Energy

First of all, this is just an idea and it obviously needs some work. You want to get a leafeon x as soon as possible so you can use Jirachi's second attack every turn. (That's the attack this deck is based on.) Jirachi's first attack makes it a great starter too. Claydol is there for obvious reasons. Snowpoint temple will help Jirachi stand up to stronger opponents a bit better. Ariados, along with the large amounts of switch/warp point is there to try to ensure that you ko the pokemon you want and not what your opponent choses. Unown G is there for protection on Jirachi since its already pretty vulnerable without status effects and whatnot. Does this deck need more metal energy (probably)? More of certain trainers? I dunno, what do you think?

Last edited:
they switch/warp point/retreat on jirachi's doom desire every time and get 6 easy KOs. and ariados can easily be sniped lol. wish there was a way to lock trainers from the bench...

-4 special metal +4 basic metal
the special metal locks out multi and you'll be discarding at the end of your turn anyways

Ok, I updated the list. Do you think it would be better to use togekiss instead of leafeon? I'd probably need more M energy and the idea would be to have out every Jirachi when I played togekiss to give up to 2 to each one. Then I could attack and switch/wp to the next one.

I think Leafeon is better because of his resistance to Water. Empoleon and Kingdra are really common nowadays.

lol this deck will never work. all they have to do is switch/warp point/retreat. but if you insist on running a bad deck then stick with Lefeon because yes his resistance is awesome and Togekiss is just not right for this deck for multiple reasons that IM not going to get into. Spread/snipe decks will destroy ur waiting Jirachis while any other deck will destroy ur little active jirachi

not sure if you can read to well, but I put my advice in there if he chose to continue runing this deck, but ont op of that I suggested to not run this deck

Wait a sec, if your opponent retreats, does it totally nullify Jirachi's 2nd attack or does the new (or possibly original) active get ko'd? I haven't read any of the recent errata so I'm not sure. Anyway, I just discovered something. When Heatran Lv. X comes out in november, his poke-power will go perfect with Jirachi. Here's the spoiler (taken from pokebeach, of course):

Heatran LV.X – Fire – HP120
Level Up

Poke-Body: Heat Metal
Even if your opponent’s Burned Pokemon Evolve, Devolve, or Level Up, the Burn isn’t removed. In between turns, treat all of your opponent’s Burn flips as tails.

Poke-Power: Heat Wave
You can use this Power once at the end of your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench. Choose up to 2 Basic Energy cards that were discarded by the attack of your Fire-type or Steel-type Active Pokemon on this turn, and reattach them to that Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

Also, Heatran #30 from LA would go nicely with Jirachi. I think this would work even better than leafeon.

first off, yes the effect would go away if they retreated

second, the Heatrans work a lot better with Magmortar in which they can abuse his burn more and snipe any1 for 100 guaranteed is better than having Jirachi hope they stick around till end of turn and die.

yes benching does nullify jirachis effect, like all effects
and #30 is the metal one right? if so, then that means that you would just be pumping up heatran for azelf snipes
and if you run ariados do 4-4 or 3-3 or its really not worth it

lol why are you so worried about Azelf. you can't tell some1 to not run a deck because of one pokemon. He can't run this deck because of the fact that Jirachi is a bad attacker, not because THE ALMIGHTY AZELF WILL RAIN SUPREME

im seeing a lot of azelf X being teched into decks just for the reasons that i keep explaining.
which is why i keep talking about azelf

LOLZ what decks????

Azelf LvX is not a tech. not sure you know what a tech is. Azelf LvX is a waste of space unless you are playing AMU

anyways, you seem to like the Heatrans. honestly I would tell you to play Heatran, Magmortar. Jirachi is really only good for a starter, not sure why they decided to give Jirachi his second attack but it sucks

THE DECKS IN MY LOCAL METAGAME!!!!!
and also, they might have given jirachi the second attack as death fodder aka destiny bond type stuff.
you can even check decks on this site. im sure that SOMEONE has azelf Lv X in their decks as a tech against torterrable and magkiss

Running Togekiss with 7 (or less if you use special) energies isn't going to work. After even one roseanne's, there are so few basic energies in the deck.

well that would be super if he lived in your local area rofl. and sure, if you somehow cannot find a way to beat Torterra or magkiss then go right ahead and put an Azelf in your deck lol

Running Togekiss with 7 (or less if you use special) energies isn't going to work. After even one roseanne's, there are so few basic energies in the deck.

I know that. I'd change the deck to fit more basic metals if I decided to run Togekiss. But it looks like this deck is kind of a failed idea anyway if retreating nullifies the main attack. I think Ariados can help with that though. Maybe it would work with more of those. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back