Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

JPN Dark Rush Set Scans & Translations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new stadium (twist mountain) Here's hoping for fossil acceleration.
Tornadus EX?
Espeon ability,
empoleon ability
areodactyl ability
slowbro ability blissy ability

no suicune EX, interesting
Venasaur, but we already know what the ability does

RARE CANDY REPRINT~~~!

Now i wonder what those trainer-items are....

looking at the trainers looks like some kinda hammer (not crushing hammer) dark patch (revealed already) rare candy old amber, no clue (looks like dark claw maybe sharp claw?) some kinda biker gang supporter? and twist mountain stadium.

empoleon looks very interesting to me since he has an ability and a 1 energy attack that x10 something
interesting hp differences in the eeveelutions 90-110

Interesting set. I probably won't be able to resist getting a box since it has Piplup in it, and I have been looking at getting a Japanese box for awhile now...

Shiny gardevoir megusta.jpg. Looks to be a good set in Japan here's hoping that dragon selection will see a Pokemon collector-esque card for easy set-up
Posted with Mobile style...

heatmor!!!
[C] Hot Tongue: 10 damage. If the opponent’s Active Pokemon is Durant, this attack does an additional 50 damage.

and just like that theres a durant counter thats easily techable

empoleon draw and jumpluff attack yes please

also twist mountain, the fossils are much more playable now

Last edited:
Bad Team’s Jimu and Sabu - Supporter

Flip a coin, if heads choose 3 cards from your opponent’s hand without looking. Then, look at those cards, return them to your opponent’s deck and shuffle the deck.

You can only use one Support card during your turn.

68/69

Ive given up... So many bad cards and then we getz jumpluff with 140 hp and draw ?_?

translation's up...Awww yeah.

Cards interests me:

-Carnivine
-Heatmor (no more deckout trolls)
-Empoleon (Better than Jumpluff)
-Raikou EX (bye bye Reuniclus)
-Plusle
-Minun (Searchable spread, that's insane yea?)
-Espeon (Protection is nice, just need Dugtrio/Manectric return lol)
-Cofagrigus (Tool abuse lol)
-Sableye (More tools for Cofagrigus)
-Darkrai EX (free retreat yes)
-Zorua (ACENSION)
-Zoroark (DO THE WAVE, FOR 140++)
-Rare Candy (Artwork only... So they are not dropping that errata? LAME)
-Dark Patch
-Darkness Claw
-Twist Mountain (Strange cave on a flip...)

Last edited:
I've got a couple of beefs with this set.

1. Where the HECK is Suicune Ex? If you are going to make Raikou Ex and Entei Ex, you have to include Suicune Ex.

2. Tornadus Ex, but no Thundurus Ex? I can live with no Landorus Ex, but having Pokemon in pairs, separate from each other is a little strange.

3. Dark Rush is a very misleading name for a set that sounds like it's about Dark Pokemon.

4. Shiny Pokemon Catcher. This is dumb and stupid. shiny cards should be for Pokemon, not trainers. Some people might like it, but it's a pathetic gimmick. If they want to do "shiny" Pokemon, then Pokemon* should come back. That way they are actually worth getting. I'm not a giant fan of reprints, and this just recycles that notion, but even worse, because it's setting a new precedent.

I have others, but those are my main four.

It looks like a okay set, I'm not overly impressed with it. This game needs, NEEDS a set that is like UF or FRLG. I have a feeling Dragon Rush "might" be that set, but we will see.

Drew

excadrill seem useable? easy baby snipe, 50 dam and any card from the discard to your hand seems a decent recovery card for fighting, still kinda wish fighting had more accel or support

This isn't a mini-set and it's also not too surprising that there's a lack of Dark-type Pokemon in it, to be honest - they have about as many Dark Pokemon as Psycho Drive and Hail Blizzard had Psychic and Ice Pokemon. Plus, we knew Umbreon (the first Dark Pokemon numerically) and Mandibuzz (one of the last Dark Pokemon numerically) were in the set as well as their set numbers so we also technically knew how many Dark-typed cards would be in Dark Rush (plus or minus three if they had added Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon after Mandibuzz, but they didn't).

Far more irritating to ME is the Pokemon Catcher reprint. It's like the TCG knew how much the N Full Art card annoyed me and responded by making a print of a Trainer card that will be even MORE rare and MORE in-demand than N is. Whoo. hoo.

Pokémon Quick Search, Flick Poison, Circular Steps Empoleon with Drawing Ability, Mudslide, Strange Cave, Dark Slowking etc. - so much nostalgy in a one set. I also feel like they are lowering the Power Creep when it comes to EXs, which is a good sign in a long term. The only thing I don't approve in this set is the Shiny Catcher. I really hope I don't have to play Catcher the next 3-4 years.

I really think this set has more pros than cons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back