Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

judging question

tecdecs

ok players A has a basic pokemon with atm rock and player A uses it, player B thinks its over and scoops up his cards. than player B realizes player A couldnt play atm rock with a basic and calls a judge over. Player B has way more experience than player A

what is the OFFICIAL way to handled this? this was at a regional championships.(i know its a while ago but i want to know how this should of been handled)

i think since the player B scooped his cards he is saying its over so game over. what do you guys think. im just wondering for future reference.

well IMO if i am the judge,it depends the amount of cards he scooped...

A) if he did only scooped only the cards in play(his field) then i think this situation can reverse to the actual duel and continue.

B) if he scoop the whole thing including the deck and kept watsoever things,he is considered concede that round.

Once a scoop has happened, it may be practically impossible to "rewind" the game state to where the improper play occured. The main problems beign is getting both players to agree as to what was in play, where energies attached, damage counter amounts and the biggest problem...what was in each players' hands! Unless Player A played a card or an attack that let them look at player B's hand, how can you both agree??

Bottom line, both players are responsible for the game state and knowing the cards they play with. If an error occurs, and it cant be rewound, the player that scooped gets the loss and the other player gets the win. I had this very thing occur (with different cards mind you, a shedinja stall deck) at the Regionals I judged at. The players had their cards scooped on both sides, then it dawned on the Shedinja player that the other player couldnt have completed the attack bc it was an evolved poke. Guess what....he didnt catch the error in time and no way to rewind. Gotta know your deck and read over cards from the other player, if unfamiliar/unsure of effects.

Hope this helped.

Keith

There is no "official" way to handle something that is so unique to it's own circumstances.

In terms of general guidelines, if something can be reversed, it should be. It really comes down to how rewindable the game state is. Once cards start getting mixed between hand, play area, deck, discard pile, and prizes.... it would get irreversible pretty quickly!

An error occurs. So what do you do?

- Establish the circumstances
- Fix if possible
- Be fair to both players.

From what you have said there is no reason to think that the experienced player B was under any undue pressure from the less experienced A.

Scooping all your cards isn't rewindable.

Can you think of any way in which awarding the loss against the experienced B would be considered unfair? given the available information I'd expect that B would consider the loss a fair outcome.

Back