Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

juggler vs TV reporter

Well, they both have there uses. But most of the time I think Juggler would be used.

Juggler- Discard 1 nrg from hand/draw 3, or 2nrg from hand/draw 5

TV Reporter- Discard 1 card from your hand/draw 3

Mostly decks that use Kabuto/Ominyte will deffinitely go TV Reporter. The abillity to discard Kabuto/Ominyte and then bring it straight into play with Underground Lake (I think that is the right stadium) is good. Decks low on energy will also prolly use this, since you can disacard any card from hand.

Almost every other deck will include Juggler instead, especially those running cards like Magneton (Dragons) and Blazekin (RuSa). The ability to draw 2 extra cards is awsome, the catch is one or both most be energy.

Spectreon said:
Well, they both have there uses. But most of the time I think Juggler would be used.

Juggler- Discard 1 nrg from hand/draw 3, or 2nrg from hand/draw 5

TV Reporter- Discard 1 card from your hand/draw 3

Mostly decks that use Kabuto/Ominyte will deffinitely go TV Reporter. The abillity to discard Kabuto/Ominyte and then bring it straight into play with Underground Lake (I think that is the right stadium) is good. Decks low on energy will also prolly use this, since you can disacard any card from hand.

Almost every other deck will include Juggler instead, especially those running cards like Magneton (Dragons) and Blazekin (RuSa). The ability to draw 2 extra cards is awsome, the catch is one or both most be energy.

I don't mean to criticize ;) , but I would like to point out that with Juggler, they have to be Basic Energy Card(s), again I don't mean to criticize, I just don't want to risk people tryin' to combo Juggler with Bounce Energy to draw 5 :cool: .

Anyway, to keep the post on topic, I believe Juggler is the overall better card(for the reasons Spectron stated), the possible 5 or just the auto 3 is nice, as compared to just the auto 3 with no chance for more with TV reporter, but also 1 reason why TV Reporter is nice, is the way that you can use it even if you don't have any other cards in your hand, as oppossed to stuff like Bill's Maintenence, and Juggler.

Thanks for reading. :cool:

Well I prefer TV Reporter because you don't have to discard a basic energy card. I mean if I am playing juggler early on, I might need my energy to power up my pokemon, but with TV Reporter, I can draw 3 and discard ANY card. I mean heck, I can discard a card I draw.

I think most of the time... Juggler, TV Reporter just does NOT cut it for a supporter. It's not good enough in my opinion. There's much better options... I don't think I'll ever play TV Reporter (unless some how it has some combo in another set with something and it's insanely awesome... or better cards get rotated out) There's better choices than TV Reporter. Juggler would probably be one... Juggler only fits in decks that really feed off of energy in the discard, (like Blaziken) so in a deck like that, you'd want to play Juggler over TV reporter, in other decks... there's other more useful stuff than TV Reporter. I don't really see it as much of a good card other than in draft and sealed... then it's pretty good. :)

There is another small factor in TV reporters favour. You discard after the draw, which means that TV reporter can be played evne when it is not possible to play Juggler.

Unless you specifically design your deck to make use of Jugglers draw five ability TV reporter is the better card.

Dude I playtested TV Reporter and it kicked all mighty. I played it with magneton so I could discard a energy and draw 3 cards and then discard a card and get two energy back out of my discard, but still. AWESOME! Juggler doesn't work for decks that don't go get energy.

blaziken gets energy out of the discard pile, that is what I meant by going getting energy. either by getting it out of your deck, or your discard pile.

I can think of a use for TV reporter, drafting it when it's passed to you. That will probably be the most common use, juggler has a chance at five cards, so it will easily get picked over reporter. There might be a use when the next set comes out and Nick 15's spoiler is right.

no way juggler over tv reporter. So you get 2 more cards, you do have to discard 2 BASIC energy. If you don't have any energy then juggler=useless. If you want to power up your pokemon then juggler=useless. I mean atleast with tv reporter you can discard a middle evolution or basic or any card to get 3 cards. I mean you don't even have to have any cards in your hand to play it.

Tv Reporter >>>>> Juggler

but ironically enough both suck compared to birch =P j\k but anyways you play tv reporter if you dont have blaziken or kingdra then in that case you do.

Prime said:
no way juggler over tv reporter. So you get 2 more cards, you do have to discard 2 BASIC energy. If you don't have any energy then juggler=useless. If you want to power up your pokemon then juggler=useless. I mean atleast with tv reporter you can discard a middle evolution or basic or any card to get 3 cards. I mean you don't even have to have any cards in your hand to play it.

Tv Reporter >>>>> Juggler
Juggler is a specialized card, if you don't have basic energy in your hand, you're probably already losing.

All I am saying is that Juggler has a way worse cost than TV reporter. You MUST discard 1/2 BASIC energy cards BEFORE you play juggler. Don't have energy, sorry. What if you want to use your own energy in your hand and power up a pokemon? I guess juggler becomes useless for the turn. Sure it gives you five cards for 2 basic energy discard, but that's the only semi-good thing about it.

TV Reporter has so many levels to it. I mean you don't even have to have a hand. Just draw three and discard 1, that is a bill right there. Or if you do have a hand, draw three, discard a useless card from your hand. Ta-da! You now have three new cards and for the price of what? A crappy card you couldn't use. I wouldn't play TV reporter in every deck, especially in place of juggler in blaziken decks. SOme decks work with juggler like Mewtwo EX. Some don't and for all those that don't, which is a majority, TV Reporter is great to use in them.

I love the card. I hate that it is a supporter but I mean I love hand struction card likes birch and reporter where you don't shuffle your hand into your deck, you just add onto it.

Blech! Birch just doesn't make it into anything I've played yet, bill's maintenance is the better option in ebnergy retrieval decks. Haven't got any dragons cards yet, getting a box this w/end yuuummmmy! Think juggler'll see more play, why play TV reporter over oaks research etc? It's still top drwing and you only get 3, 2 if you discard one you just drew out, still I should play it before judging it!

I would also have to say it depends on the factors of the game. If your playing a deck that you can easily waste basic energy and get it back you would obviously use Juggler. Anyway I think I like Juggler a little bit better all because of the options to discard 1 basic energy draw 3 or discard 2 basic energys draw 5 even though TV Reporter may be used at anytime since you can discard any card from your hand. But after thinking about it I decided that I would probably discard an energy using TV Reporter anyway so...yea. ;x

Why discard a energy? That would be so stupid. So many cards become useless after a time in the game. Stage 1 and basics are a big example of that. Later in the game where you don't need a middle stage or basic pokemon in play, you have no reason to discard it. Same with trainers. Maybe the statement doesn't apply to trainers as much as it does to pokemon but I would still discard a trainer than a energy. Trainers can sometimes be useless, like when you have a nurse in your hand and energy and damage on all your pokemon. I know I wouldn't play it.

Energy on the other hand is always useful. If you play energy switch in your decks like I do, it is always helpful to power up pokemon even past their limits. The reason is because you can lay a basic, lay a energy on that pokemon and energy switch a energy that isn't needed from one pokemon to that pokemon powering it up twice as fast as your opponent.

I guess if you don't play the right cards no card is good. I play a Magneton deck in which I can play TV Reporter, discard a lightning energy, draw 3. THen play Magneton's power and discard one of the three cards and recycle two basic energy from my discard back into my hand. It works so good that it should be illegal.

Sure you might think that Juggler might be better in this instance, but I would have to disagree. Sure you could juggler 2 energy and draw 5 then discard a card and recycle the 2 energy back into your hand. But that requires you to have energy in your hand. Alot of the time I would have layed my only energy to power up a pokemon, leaving Juggler useless in my hand. One card useless is one card too much. Although Juggler becomes useless with no energy in your hand, TV Reporter does not. Infact, you can be in ANY situation and still use TV Reporter. That is what I love about the card.

Better than Oak's Research? They are two different types of cards. One is a hand renewer and one is a hand addition card. To compare both would be like comparing potatos and tomatoes. Each are better in their own circumstances.

So in conclusion, I don't see myself playing a Blaziken or Mewtwo EX deck so I do see myself playing TV Reporter in every one of my decks. Maybe people don't agree, but that isn't my fault.

First off Prime, I never said that Juggler was better than Prof Oaks Research, Birch, Copycat, or any other obvious better drawing card. I did however say IMO it is better than TV Reporter for the simple fact that you have the option of drawing five. I also should have mentioned for your viewing pleasure that I don't play Juggler unless Im using a deck that gets the energy right back (Amphy,Blaziken,Typhlosion,ect.). I don't play either unless Im using a deck like that for the simple reason that there is better options. BTW Energy Switch just takes up space and is almost never useful so before you contradict me again I suggest you consider that I was saying what card I thought IMO was better overall. And as for TV Reporter being used at anytime, once again I wouldn't play it or Juggler unless I was using a deck that works well with discarding. Have a nice day.

Back