Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jumpluff/Gorebyss/Pidgeot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKOTM

Don't have this deck actually built yet, but I'm just thinking about it.

Pokémon: 23
[4] Dunsparce
[3] Hoppip
[3] Jumpluff
[3] Clamperl
[3] Gorebyss
[2] Skiploom
[2] Pidgey
[2] Pidgeot
[1] Pidgeotto

Trainers: 22
[3] Celio’s Network
[3] Steven’s Advice
[3] Copycat
[3] Mr. Briney’s Compassion
[3] Ancient Technical Machine [Rock]
[3] Rare Candy
[2] Desert Ruins
[2] VS Seeker

Energy: 15
[11] Psychic
[4] Double Rainbow

Basically you try to swarm with the Pluffs and Gorebyss, and search for whatever you need with the Pidgeot. If I want to make Gorebyss's attack stronger, then I search for the DRE or Psy, or I can grab the ATM if needed.

Would something like this work?

Well considering this pretty much is my current deck, i should be able to help with it.

For one thing, run multi's, you don't want to count on DRE as Gorebyss' only source of power.
-4 Psychic
+4 Multi

3 ATM: rock is kind of overkill, i only run 1 because it usually only helps once for me. Maxing the celios and rare candies is a good idea, it speeds up the deck a lot.
-2 ATM: rock
+1 Celio's network
+1 Rare candy

Otherwise the deck looks fine. Good luck with it.

LFWex and Hot_Carl: Thanks for the replies. After testing Jumpluff/Gorebyss/Togetic a little, I found that Gorebyss does need some more energy support, and having 4 Celio's and 3-4 Candy helps a lot. I'll probably go with those fixes.

Anyone else?

here's one suggestion I would make:

-2 Desert Ruins
+2 Mt. Moon

the real metagame doesnt really involve EX's as a whole, considering Blaziken EX, TR Sneasel EX, and Zapdos EX seem to be the only EX's seeing play in today's format. Also I've playtested against Hot Carl's deck and he uses Mt. Moon's which seem to work better.

Jack Osbourne said:
here's one suggestion I would make:

-2 Desert Ruins
+2 Mt. Moon

the real metagame doesnt really involve EX's as a whole, considering Blaziken EX, TR Sneasel EX, and Zapdos EX seem to be the only EX's seeing play in today's format. Also I've playtested against Hot Carl's deck and he uses Mt. Moon's which seem to work better.

Good point.

So, how's this, considering everyone's suggestions?

Pokemon: 23
[4] Dunsparce
[3] Hoppip
[3] Jumpluff
[3] Clamperl
[3] Gorebyss
[2] Skiploom
[2] Pidgey
[2] Pidgeot
[1] Pidgeotto

Trainers: 22
[4] Celio's Network
[4] Rare Candy
[3] Steven's Advice
[3] Copycat
[3] Mr. Briney's Compassion
[2] Mt. Moon
[2] VS Seeker
[1] Ancient Technical Machine [Rock]

Energy: 15
[7] Psychic
[4] Double Rainbow
[4] Multi

Strategy remains the same. Any others?

No, 2x desert ruins are better than 2x mt. moon in non-ex decks because your opposing's EX pokemos will smack the hell out of you.Pitting in desert ruins helps you kill those ex-pokemon easier and I know they're very hard to handle( especially Gardevoir ex).

Last edited:
Gardevoir ex is bad as of now. Maybe it will come back when we get boost energy, but now it is horrible.

Let's not forget the Dark dragonairs and the Rogue Mantines. Mt. moon does help.

PenguinMaster said:
Gardevoir ex is bad as of now. Maybe it will come back when we get boost energy, but now it is horrible.

Couldn't have said it better.

If you got ideas, post away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back