Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jumpluff/Wailord ex (E-on obviously...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooka

Master Trainer
Alright, this is the deck I'm testing right now... Jumpluff beats a LOT of the new ex Pokémon, and more importantly, the biggest ones. Gardevoir, Kabutops, Wailord, and Raichu (You make them discard all energy for a flip to KO you ;/). Wailord is a tank... it just needs time to set up. Jumpluff lets you do that. I have two versions, one with Delcatty and one without. =/

Non-Delcatty ;/

Pokémon 18

4 Hoppip (AQ)
4 Skiploom (AQ obviously ;/)
4 Jumpluff (AQ =/)
3 Wailmer (R/S)
3 Wailord (2 ex, 1 R/S)

Trainers 28

4 Copycat
3 Oracle
3 Switch
3 Oran Berry
2 Potion
2 Fan Club
2 Elm's Training Method
2 Oak's Research
2 Birch
2 PokéNav
1 Town Volunteers
1 Pokémon Nurse
1 Warp Point

Energy 14

8 Water
4 Rainbow
2 Grass

The Trainers are a little scattered in this version. The only reason Birch and PokéNav are there is for Oracle. They work quite well with them. You Oracle a Pokémon on top, then Pokénav for it, and you rigged the next card you draw. Professor Birch slows you down a turn, but you get both the cards you stacked next turn. Anyway, this is the version I've been using for a while, until I tested with Delcatty...

Delcatty version obviously =/

Pokémon 19

4 Hoppip
2 Skiploom
3 Jumpluff
3 Wailmer
3 Wailord
2 Skitty (Minor-Errand Running/Lullaby, 40 HP, etc.)
2 Delcatty (Holo ;/)

Trainers 25

4 Copycat
3 Oracle
3 Switch
2 Oran Berry
2 Potion
2 Fan Club
2 Elm's Training Method
2 Oak's Research
2 Rare Candy (Testing it right now ;/)
1 Town Volunteers
1 Pokémon Nurse
1 Warp Point

Energy 16

10 Water
4 Rainbow
2 Grass

In the 2 games I've played with this deck, it seems to run a lot smoother. I previously ran a 3-3 Delcatty line, but it wasn't needed. It took up too much space. You only need to get one Delcatty out for it to be effective. I'm thinking about taking out a Water for a Boost, so Wailord RS can take down a Ninetales. ;/

Alright, the strategy is to go for a Jumpluff swarm to stall until you can pump up a Wailord ex. Jumpluff is extremely annoying, even without the help of Focus Band. It's quite a good attacker as well. In some cases, you can do the opposite. Stall with Wailord, then get Jumpluff. Poké Nurse is EXTREMELY helpful when doing that. This deck can and has beaten Gardevoir. Grass weakness is obviously a factor against Gardevoir ex. It honestly comes down to the flips on Fluff and Cotton Punch. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Gardevoir RS doesn't really do much damage against Jumpluff, which is perfect. You stall with Jumpluff, doing a little damage, and power up Wailord ex on the bench. Then it's all over. ;/ The big problem with this deck is beating Wobbuffet. I'm considering adding one or two to this deck. ;/ But yeah, Jumpluff can't really do much consistent damage against Wobbuffet, and Fluff doesn't always work... 1-2 Wobbuffet can easily take down 1-2 Jumpluff. Again, the flips...

Kabutops ex is not much of a threat in my mind.
1) It has Grass weakness.
2) It's a Water type. (Jumpluff resists Water. ;/)

So yeah, I don't see Kabutops ex as a threat at ALL. I don't see opposing Wailord ex as a problem, either... same reasons. Raichu ex can be a problem, but I honestly think I have the advantage. First off, they will most likely use the second attack (Mega Thunderbolt or something). When attacking Jumpluff, they have the discard their energy, regardless of my Fluff. Someone correct me if I'm wrong there. -_- That obviously puts me at a great advantage. If that's not the case... it's a whole new story and I have another reason to add Wobbuffet. ;x

The big threat I see for this deck is Sceptile. It's something Jumpluff and Wailord both have problems taking down. There's not much I can do about that. -_-

Anyway, that's it. =\ I think this deck can actually go somewhere. Thoughts? ;x

I like it a lot it seems fun too, nice inventive idea pooka granted it has some problems to kink out with godevoir but what deck doesnt?

I was thinking of maybe 1-2 more nurse because that sorta healing on wailord is just hell ;\

I dont know what alot of the aq card's do cuz I'm still playing old school. But I can reconize a good deck and thats what this is. Just try cutting the pokemon down more. Maybe add sum more energy or trainer's.

Even though it has weakness, It can't OHKO Gard ex or Tops ex and will probably need 3 attacks. I can see it giving Tops ex a tough time with resistance just about preventing a OHKO which is good with Fluff. Gardevoir ex still can be mean to this deck but you have a nice idea. Low energy with High energy.

Monkey - Yeah, I'm still testing Nurse. It's just TOO good with Wailord. I need at least one more. Thanks I guess. ;/

Pidgeotto Trainer - I realize that, which is why swarming is essential. This deck is not about OHKO's. Jumpluff steadily wears down your opponent, it isn't meant to be an all out powerhouse. Gardevoir ex will give EVERY deck problems, that's obvious. It all comes down to whether I can pull off Fluff or not. It is possible for Jumpluff to beat it, but it's just as likely Gardevoir will beat it. Thanks and stuff. ;/

It's still probably the closest thing to a gardevoir counter, considering the dependence on opponent's energy. But you should definently max out on pokemon nurse, it'll keep your jumpluffs in play much longer.

Articjedi - Yeah, the only thing I'm worried about with the maxed out Nurses is when I'm attacking with Wailord ex. The last thing I need is to waste all 4 of my energy on a Poké Nurse. There's only 4 Rainbow, so I don't like the whole Jumpluff concept with it either. I'm sticking with 1-2 for now, and seeing how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions.

Alright, after a bit of testing, this is what I came up with...

Pokémon 22

4 Hoppip (AQ)
4 Skiploom
4 Jumpluff
4 Wailmer (RS)
4 Wailord (2 RS, 2 ex)
1 Wobbuffet (SS)
1 Entei (AQ)

Trainers 20

3 Copycat
3 Fan Club
3 Switch
2 Oak's Research
2 Elm's Training Method
2 Potion
2 Oran Berry
1 Poké Nurse
1 Town Volunteers
1 Desert Shaman/Juggler

Energy 18

8 Water
4 Rainbow
2 Grass
2 Boost
2 Warp

Alright, this is the new version. Delcatty took up too much space, and it was just too hard to get everything out. I'm liking Wailord RS WAY more than Wailord ex, so I might cut one Wailord ex. Entei is the only way I can think of to get around Sceptile, but I doubt that will do anything either...

farbsman, Rainbow is for Jumpluff so it can activate its Poké-Body. ;x Multi Energy kinda defeats the whole purpose.

On raichu ex, it says to discard all energy cards attached. I think it won't need to discard any energy if the attack fails. Just like the smokescreen effect, if the attack fails, you won't discard anything.

Go Shroomish

actually, Skyridge Umbreon is the best gardy counter... but thats for another deck of mine and another topic...

Ok, Pooka, Copycat sux. Drop the 3 of em for 2 more Research and another Shaman. No wonder u don't get it, u only have 1!!

DRop a Warp energy for another Boost man, boost 0wnz in this and ur running 3 switch so you SHOULD be alright..

ok. SCREW TOWN VOLUNTEERS. I hate that card so much lol. If you have to volunteers later in the game to get energy or whatever, you've probably already lost. ALthough with pluff this could be different cuz of Fluff and all, but I don't think the body is good enough to turn the game around... cuz u still gotta get it running and such. Replace it with Energy Restore if ur scared of running out of energy.

Kinda busy now, so I'll try and help ya fix it up some more on irc or whatever, but good luck with this cuz I think it can be real nice.

Last edited:
Dro, Fluff doesn't say the attack fails. It says prevent all effects of attacks DONE TO JUMPLUFF. So I think you would have to discard... correct me if I'm wrong... but yeah. Nobody would be stupid enough to do that anyway, if u do have to discard em all, unless they were in desperation mode. But whatever.

I'm not sure then. Isn't discarding part of the effect of the attack because it's worded that way? If the attack fails, you don't actually do the effect, do you? Remember it doesn't have the wording 'in order to use this attack'. I don't have the most recent rule book. The page where it says in what order do you attack should tell you if you should check the pokebody first or do the effect of the attack first.

Last edited:
nikePK is right. You first discard, then the Jumpluff flip comes. Heads or tails on the flip doesn't matter, the energy is discarded.

Nicely done! I would take out a few Skippys for Rare Candy, because RC can be used on Wailord also, and it would get your Evolutions out faster.

I thought the Fluff pokebody is similar to the smokescreen effect. I was told that you're supposed to check for smokescreen before discarding energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back