Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jungle Bastion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
So, with Fossil Excavator being released, fossil pokemon suddenly started to look viable (as the basic fossil can now be searched for, without use of Mawile or Budew)

Naturally, someone had to try Bastiodon, right?

Format: HP->MT

Pokemon x15
Bastiodon MT x2
Shieldon MT x2
Exeggutor d HP x1
Exeggutor MT x2
Exeggcute MT x3
Tropius MT x2
Holon's Castform HP x3

Trainers x31
Armor Fossil x4
Warp Point x3
Quick Ball x3
Night Maintenance x2
Fossil Excavator x4
Holon Mentor x2
Celio's Network x2
Mr. Stone's Project x2
Copycat x2
Castaway x3
Buffer Piece x4

Energy x14
Special Metal x4
Basic Metal x3
Basic Grass x7

So now, how is this to make Bastiodon workable? Well, Bastiodon has a very nice attack, dealing 60 damage to the active (enough to knock out most basics), happens to have a type well suited for taking hits, has a large 130 HP, and if damaged can spread 40 (Wow, that's a lot!) damage to the bench.

Of course... This costs 3 energies, and while Bastiodon certainly won't be one-shotted by much of anything... He's likely not going to take more then 2 hits late game. So the solutions? Well energy is solvable, play an energy accelerator. That would be Exeggutor. As for taking more hits? Tropius heals a pokemon who has any grass energy attached. Doesn't matter if the grass is a Holon's Castform or basic.

Now the problem... It's a rather slow set up. It takes a while for a Bastiodon to arrive onto your bench, even with the searching supporters. Tropius starts also happen rather frequently, which is far from ideal. (Though Tropius is useful after a few Anger Revenges) And of course, you almost completely auto-lose to Infernape or Magmortar decks. The Exeggutor d tech helps a lot in these match-ups, as he encourages the damage spread that Bastiodon is setting up.

So, any fixes?

Does rare candy work with fossils? If so, I would put in at least 3. I think you may also want another bastiodon and maybe 1 more celio's. You might also think about putting in a great ball or 2 to get that one basic that you really need.

I would take out 1 Copycat and add 1 TGW for disruption. Also I would take 2 Buffer Piece and add 2 Strength Charm.

I would take out 1 Copycat and add 1 TGW for disruption. Also I would take 2 Buffer Piece and add 2 Strength Charm.
^Definitely Charm>Buffer. 60+70=130, KOing Empo, Gatr, Garchomp, etc. I have to ask, why sacrifice consistancy for Eggs and Tropius? They're terrible with Bastio, which works best alone IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back