Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kabutops MD

Porii Sames

Deck lox trainers. Oh, and you can use them. I luv this deck :)

The Fossil evolves when you attach to it, the Kabutos get out Basics and Evolutions, and Kabutops can do 70 for 3 (I know that's bad) but 10 spread. My list rus Sableye as a starter.

Discuss.

It's been tried. It's ineffective in competitive play for a combination of two reasons:
1. It's a Fossil. Hence, it's virtually unsearchable.
2. You can't use Spiritomb, as it prevents you from playing the Fossil from your hand.
3. Vileplume is generally better.

1. Excevator with Sableye :) I already thought of that one...still not great. Plus Kabuto MD has built in Fossil Searching.
2. Tomb's annoying, maybe run something to counter it? I was thinking 2-1 Blaziken line to pull up Plumes and beat DGX, in addition to OHKOing tomb.
3. Kabutops looks cooler.

a combo of 2 reasons?

When Kabutops goes down, it can be hard to reload him up with energy fast enough (same problem with Glaceon decks).

A Kabutops swarm is cool, but now everyone expects trainer lock to be in the format.

Personally, I like Kabutops over Vileplume because he can actually attack while he's locking (as opposed to having your Vileplume bright looked and smashed OR just taking up a bench spot.

Professor Oaks New Theory, Judge, Copycat are frequently used cards that are making the trainer lock less threatening.

People have been trying this card since it was released nearly 3 years ago. (Probably before - I think I remember a bit of hype).

Even before the days of Trainer Lock (no Fossils), DGX (no PokeBody for you) and super fast SP/one Energy attackers, Kabutops never worked because a) Fossils are bad and b) it's too slow (it even had DRE back then and it STILL failed).

I'm half convinced the OP is trolling.

Back