Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

KB Toys Closing stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gym Leader Blaine

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15
Like other major retail chains FAO Schwarz and WOTC Game Keeper stores KB Toys announced this past Wednesday that it will be closing almost 400 stores around the US. I am posting this information to let people know that right now the stores closing are having clearance sales on there inventors. Most the items are 20% to 25% off and I’m sure that % off will go up as time goes on. The one around me had the New Pokemon Tins for $14.99 instead of $19.99. I was able to pick up a GBA SP on sale for $79.99. All there GBA games are also on sale. Just thought I would pass this information on to anyone around a KB Toys store, you might get some good deals on TCG cards and other stuff.

Gym Leader Blaine said:
Like other major retail chains FAO Schwarz and WOTC Game Keeper stores KB Toys announced this past Wednesday that it will be closing almost 400 stores around the US. I am posting this information to let people know that right now the stores closing are having clearance sales on there inventors. Most the items are 20% to 25% off and I’m sure that % off will go up as time goes on. The one around me had the New Pokemon Tins for $14.99 instead of $19.99. I was able to pick up a GBA SP on sale for $79.99. All there GBA games are also on sale. Just thought I would pass this information on to anyone around a KB Toys store, you might get some good deals on TCG cards and other stuff.

I was just at KB about 20 minutes ago. The TCG's cards are 30% off!! Too bad they sell cards for $3.99 for new sets. But I guess that is still a little under $3.

The news is a shocker!

I was in NY over christmas and i didnet know till my old buddy LuMaga1 sent me info on game keepers's end and then i was in my local jersey kb toys buying the cruserweight title for my collection i heard about the losing of many KB toys. I am sad but at leats the one i go to in jersye and NY are still open. Its just reallly sad i cant get to gemekepper in NY before they close out. :( I will miss the store that agme me so much. It was the first pokemon leauge outside catskill,NY i went too. :( I liked the store because ist where i got to battle in some memorable pokemon battles and meet new buddies. I guess all good things have to come to a close:pokeball:
I will be here to send it of when it ends its jsut sad the last think i bought from it was a yu-gi-oh dark crisi booster.

farbsman said:
I was just at KB about 20 minutes ago. The TCG's cards are 30% off!! Too bad they sell cards for $3.99 for new sets. But I guess that is still a little under $3.

I was told on Saturday that most the stores should go to 40% to 70% off in the next couple of weeks. That will be the time to pick up some cards.

I'm all for a bargain but realize that every booster pack you buy from these closing stores is one more reason for your local game store to stop hosting Pokemon.

Buy where you play, even if it costs a little more. It's worth it to support your local store.

Adv1sor said:
I'm all for a bargain but realize that every booster pack you buy from these closing stores is one more reason for your local game store to stop hosting Pokemon.

Buy where you play, even if it costs a little more. It's worth it to support your local store.

That is true, but you also have to think of the other side of things. It is also Targets and Wal-Marts that are hurting the TCG side of stuff. Plus most of us have GB SPs and these items will also be on clearence at KB's ;) So it is not just the card side of it, but I plan to pick up Sapphire when it is cheap for mine. Just a thought.

Gym Leader Blaine said:
I was told on Saturday that most the stores should go to 40% to 70% off in the next couple of weeks. That will be the time to pick up some cards.

I plan to stop in the store near me every few days, if the % goes up I will let everyone know. If someone finds out before me please let us all know :)

farbsman said:
I plan to stop in the store near me every few days, if the % goes up I will let everyone know. If someone finds out before me please let us all know :)

Will do, I plan on calling everyday asking what they are at.

I'm going today. If the tins/boosters are cheap, I'll report back. The tins were at 14.99 last week at our local mall shops.

Yeah we are getting hit real hard. Both K-B-Toys and GameKeeper are closing in our area. 30% off is still not enough to get me to buy other than my local card shop. And I agree with GL Blaine that Walmart and Target are hurting sales from local card shops.

Wow i dident know the KB in ny is closing, damm i knew the ones here are holding up nicely right now but its a shame that they are dropping in NY. Ohh well i guess like i said before all good things needs to come :pokeball: to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back