Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Keep your account safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeguru

Not sure exactly where to post this...If necessary, could a Mod move it to Trading Post as I actually feel it might be better there.

It seems as though with difficulties with past members (i.e. DarkMasterChrisEX and more recently, TORCHIC), people need to become aware of the "Log Out" button at the end of the User CP line on every page you visit.

To make sure your account stays safe away from fraud by anyone, here's some top tips.

1) Log Out when you'll be away from your computer for a long period (or even a short period of time, if you're not sure).

2) Keep your password memorised and SAFE! Ways to keep it safe include changing it perhaps once every couple of months, not making it too obvious and of course, NOT TELLING ANYONE!

3) If you (or anyone else who uses your account) end up making a post that they decide wouldn't be in the PokeGym's benefit, then use the Delete option in Edit mode.

4) If you're concerned about a post, click the exclaimation mark (!) on the post in question to report this to a Mod. This can be for use of non P.C. language/references, flaming, posts that you have supposedly done but don't remember writing, in general, any post you are concerned about.

Its a shame to think that some of us can't trust our friends/family members anymore on our accounts, for risk of this happening. Follow these measures, and the chances of this happening to you are significantly decreased. However, in my Guru-ian way, I will happily take suggestions to add to this list.

~PokeGuru

I never log out. I just close the window. No one would ever hack my account, lol. Isn't that on the rules as well? Or just a reminder?

Hah.
Whenever a member gets busted for bad behavior, the number one excuse given is "My brother/step-brother/half-brother/twin brother/soul brother did it".
Obviously, we can't give much weight to that excuse since there's no way to verify it.

i'm ok with sharing my pokegym info, if anyone ever wants to use my account:

username: sdp
password: kornklown

well duh it didnt... i doubt hed give away his password so sickos like you could hack it and spam up the board...j/k lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back