Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Keldeo for the future.

DeathtoPuppets

B/W 2 is coming out and with it this little guy. He finishes off the musketeer "trio" and follows their theme. Not only does he have amazing offensive typing, he also has great speed and special attack. Even though he isn't out yet, I wanted to get some discussion on him (since his stats and moves have already been confirmed).

The set I will probably be using is...

Keldeo@Leftovers
Ability: Justified
252 S atk. 252 Spe 4 hp.
Nature: Modest

-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Calm Mind

If you can think of a better or just different set (I know there are plenty) post them.

Last edited:
He gets bubblebeam!!! just kidding :tongue:

Stat wise he is a special Terrakion with slightly better typing.

Secret Sword (his signature move) will be amazing on this guy. Should be the #1 thing that comes to mind on this guy. Much better than Sacred sword any day on this guy.
Hydro pump/Scald/Surf is always going to be debatable. It is just up to preference. Personally I would go Hydro Pump.
Hidden Power (Ice) covers the grass and flying weaknesses
Aqua Jet/Protect/Quick Guard/Calm mind are some decent options in my opinion for the last move, but it is totally up to you.

I prefer timid nature myself on this pony, but modest is a great nature for it as well.

Random thing I've never figured out how do you go about getting a specific Hidden Power on someone?

Random thing I've never figured out how do you go about getting a specific Hidden Power on someone?

Hidden Power type and power is dependent on a Pokemon's IVs, so by manipulating them to your desire via breeding, you can have whichever you want.

Now in the case of Keldeo it'll just be hoping for the best?

If you are shooting for specific IV's you will most likely have to RNG abuse this guy.

For those of you who don't know what RNGing is - you basically have a program that tells you the exact date & time to push the A button to get what IVs/Nature/Shiny you want. That is the easiest way to describe it.

^ That's about right. Learning frame advancement pretty much gets you what you want. It's a shame that Nintendo does not like this though.

Back