Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

KG's 1st Place Sevierville BR Report

KingGengar

Hey folks! Thanks for tuning in to KGGR radio... yeah...

Anyway, me and Prime went to Sevierville (not so severe) and met all the folks we know and love. Matt judged and I played.

I decided to play McQueen (Steve McQueen to all you youngsters - star of many great movies like Bullitt, Papillon, Great Escape, and THE BLOB)

ROUND 1: Ryan G with Kingdra. Didn't take long. Started badly, but on T1, I got Azelf, found Machop in the prizes, RC, Champ, Energy, Warp Point to empty my hand. Ryan said, "I didn't see THAT coming (sarcastic, natch)." Over quickly. 1-0

ROUND 2: Josh with SP Palkia/Gallade. Great player, nice deck. We went back and forth on this one. The Unown G's made it tougher, of course, but I hit heads on Hurricanes and Queen vs. Toxicroak and Gallade was nice. The healing sealed it up. 2-0

ROUND 3: (can't remember name) with Rhyperior Lv.X. He started out REALLY badly, and it never got better. I rolled. 3-0

ROUND 4: Tyler with Blastcatty. I start with Baltoy, draw nothing for 2 turns. He gets 3 Blastoise in 2 turns! Donk! 3-1

TOP CUT: Me and Tyler. Game 1: It was a good game. I took his Blastoise with Poison/Hurricane, hitting 2 heads. That was a backbreaker for him. Game 2: He pulled Blastoise out of nowhere and zoomed to a win. Game 3: I made a VERY good start and he never recovered. I took 2 Skitty and 2 other prizes before he saw a Blastoise.

So, I win, finally, this Spring!

PROPS: Keith, Matt, TJ. Everybody was cool.
SLOPS: None!

BONUS REPORT:
Today, I played Bellossom at Asheville.

ROUND 1: Bo with SP Luxray/Dialga. Well, it was a close game for a while. He kept Skuntank Smokescreening and I kept retreating and doing Parallel Gain. Then, I pulled tech Machamp and rolled. Yes, it was kinda cheap. 1-0

ROUND 2: Michelle with Eeveelutions. Quick Bellossoms and I hit consistently for 80. But a VERY nice person and she was sharp. 2-0

ROUND 3: Ricky with Kingdra. I start Oddish, he starts Horsea. I get an Uxie or something and put Energy on Oddish and miss Poison. He RC's to Seadra and I think that's it, but he only has 1 Energy so he does 40. I topdeck Candy, put Bellossom up, add Energy and hit for 60/Burn. Sorry, man. 3-0

ROUND 4: Mike Mental R with SpeedDrill. We both get really good starts. My problem is I was not able to acquire a Shaymin that adds 40hp. His problem was that 1 Beedrill was prized for half the game, so it evened out. We just kept bashing each other until finally I had to expend an Energy on Vileplume to get him with a Poison when I couldn't score a Gloom on a Cynthia's for BTS. That was the difference, as I fell an Energy behind. He actually ran out of Night Maintenance, and my late Machamp was not enough. The final move on his part was Paralyzing my Vileplume before I could put him to Sleep for the stall & possible win. Great game, Mike. 3-1

Because of resistance, I do not top 2 cut, but it was a fun day.

PROPS: Everyone, including Jeff being late because I was too!
SLOPS: the wrong Shaymin Lv.X

v_b: Thanks, Man. Sorry you weren't there too. You woulda had fun.

jin: Thanks, man. Sorry there wasn't more to say :p

Thx for coming over Tom. Always a pleasure. Wish I could make it to Asheville, but it wasnt to be.

Keith

Back