Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kids stealing cards

Dootar

At my local league, a few of the players have told me that they've gotten some of their cards stolen. Mines were also stolen at league today, but I have a clear picture of who it is. What I want to know is what is the best way to handle this type of situation.

...try keeping better track of your cards?

I'm sorry, but card stealing usually happens when someone leaves their binder/deck out in the open and forgets about them.
The best way to handle card stealing is to not let it happen at all (e.g. don't leave your binder out of sight, you will get your cards stolen), and there's really not much you can do if the cards have already been stolen. While you could try talking to your league leader, I don't see what he could do to help you get your cards back. Sadly, the best advice I can give is try to be more careful in the future.

~Akane

Yeah...about the only other thing I'd say if you can't find a better answer is call in the police (theft is theft after all), but even then how are you going to prove whoever stole them...if you can, catch them in the act, if they're younger talk to their parents maybe, but yeah...kind of a rough situation. Best solution would be to not even let it happen.

Yeah...about the only other thing I'd say if you can't find a better answer is call in the police (theft is theft after all).

You can call the police to find out how little they care about kids stealing Pokemon from one another. You're better off calling Officer Jenny.
  • Put in place policies to help prevent theft
  • If theft still occurs, be more strict
  • If you catch the person stealing, punish them and make an example out of them. Kick them out for a month -something like that.

If you suspect someone, or have a clear picture as you put it, interview that person and get to the bottom of it. If they are doing it, but don't admit it, the heat can be enough to make them stop. Don't be timid about it, either -problems don't get solved by waiting for them to happen again.

You can call the police to find out how little they care about kids stealing Pokemon from one another. You're better off calling Officer Jenny.
  • Put in place policies to help prevent theft
  • If theft still occurs, be more strict
  • If you catch the person stealing, punish them and make an example out of them. Kick them out for a month -something like that.

If you suspect someone, or have a clear picture as you put it, interview that person and get to the bottom of it. If they are doing it, but don't admit it, the heat can be enough to make them stop. Don't be timid about it, either -problems don't get solved by waiting for them to happen again.

Doubt that, I'm sure you could make a case by calling the cops providing you can prove it, but whatever. Granted I haven't done it (it's not like stealing from the store itself when they and the organizers will call the cops on you for sure), but meh. I'm just trying to give advice to the OP is all.

Also, I'm pretty sure you'd get into a bit more trouble for stealing than just a month being kicked out, pretty sure you could get a complete ban from the game.

Last edited:
Have someone you trust watch your stuff. If you don't have someone you trust, then we've got problems.

Always keep an eye on your stuff.

Who would Steal a deck then throw in it in the trash ^ (?)
That doesn't make sense. Anyway.

if you know who it is, confront the person.

Just keep a better eye on your cards and be careful when you're packing up. I accidentally took my opponent's card with me (But I returned it immediately)

Somone took my Steelix Prime card (In my undaunted pre-release sleeve.) I'm quite sad about it too lol. Just stay focus always.

Back