Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kingdra Delta(You heard me!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

im_me

Ok I have no idea how but the other day I was talking to him and he told me in Top 16 at U.S. Nats that someone played Kingrda Delta and Top 16ed. I will show you an ideal list right quick.

Pokemon:20
4 Kingdra d
3 Seadra d
4 Horsea d
2 Pidgeot d
1 Pidgeotto d
2 Pidgey d
4 Holons Castform
1 Mew ex

Trainers:27
4 Holon Tranceiver
2 Holon Mentor
2 Holon Adventurer
2 Holon Researcher
3 Desert Ruins
1 Space Center
4 Candy
4 Rocket's Admin
3 POW! Hand Extension

Energy:15
3 Holon Energy FF
3 Fire Energy
4 Metal Energy
3 Double Rainbow Energy

Ok now I can see we think he played POW!'s possibly(just my assessment). I am also a disclaimer for this deck I just know that someone had the guts to play it.

But anyways the Strategy is to shutdown Powers and POW! later on for victory and maybe I might even change those to Reversals. But with this deck you pretty much just need to shutdown powers and get your setup running...as in 2 Kingdra Delta and 1 Pidgeot with Holon Energy attached. Ok now leave me your comments on the deck.

Last edited:
No Castforms, Kingdra TRR, or even the Mew ex tech, no stadiums and the trainers are seriously mixed up...

This deck is realy nice once you've tested it a bit, and with Pidgeot d you can easily beat LBS as the only way they can stop it is Lati@s lock, in which cases its GG, or 'manually' powering a Steelix, while Kingdra d's hitting it for 120 for 2 energy.

Mew ex and Kingdra TR is very clever, with so many decks playing Mew, this gives you a huge andvantage in Mew v. Mew - I also understand there was Jirachi dx as a starter to do 100 to opponants mew ex's whern used by your Mew ex

I think it was Ditto who played this at US nats, they went 7-2 in swiss, the 2 losses against Flariados (which is a bad matchup), and in T16 he they lost to like the only LBS deck that runs Lati@s lock. It was a very clever build and a very good SD that could have gone all the way.

Heres a rough list based on what I've heard, this is probably way off his list but this is just what I've got

:pokeball: Pokemon 23:pokeball:

3 Kingdra d
1 Kingdra TR
3 Seadra d
4 Horsea d
2 Pidgeot d
1 Pidgeotto d
2 Pidgey d
4 Holons Castform
1 Mew ex
1 Jirachi dx
1 holon Magnemite

:pokeball: Trainers 24:pokeball:

4 Holon Tranceiver
2 Holon Mentor
2 Holon Adventurer
2 Holon Researcher
1 Holon Scientist
4 Desert Ruins (maybe some space centre against Lati@s lock)
4 Candy
4 Admin
2 Pokemon retreiver

:pokeball: Energy:13:pokeball:

4 Holon Energy GL
2 Grass
3 Delta Rainbow Energy
4 Metal Energy

SuicidalPikachu said:
interesting list Kempley. what is the magnemite in there for?

I doubt Ditto played it, but magnemite = T1 Mentor searchable energy. That way you can be sure your Castform can attack with delta draw early game.

well i dont understand your deck but if you want to use it doing but i prefer to use luna/rock or exeggutor d/raichu d jinxfett or minx that they are the decks of the moment ok bye xD

pokemon2006 said:
well i dont understand your deck but if you want to use it doing but i prefer to use luna/rock or exeggutor d/raichu d jinxfett or minx that they are the decks of the moment ok bye xD
hey buddy...here is an FYI read the whole article...this is just a test deck

im_me said:
pretty well...i can beat LBS every time...so thats a plus

Exactly, remember to test against LBS that runs Lati@s lock, I've found that if you play that its at best 30-70, and I am starting to see LBD decks running Lati@s lock.

Kempley05 said:
Exactly, remember to test against LBS that runs Lati@s lock, I've found that if you play that its at best 30-70, and I am starting to see LBD decks running Lati@s lock.
yeah i think they run them mostly for Mynx

test against powblock, REggs, flaridos, lunarock, and queendom
if you can beat a majority of those, you have a very solid deck
BTW, nice

Oh no....... oh no........ noooo......

Kyle lost to this in top 32
>.>
<.<

I'm pretty sure he was playing it more queendom-ish with 4-3-4 kingdra 3-2-3 pidgeot, and I'm pretty sure there was at least one QS pidgeot. If you played holon FF you wouldnt have to worry about that kingdra RR.

PenguinMaster said:
Oh no....... oh no........ noooo......

Kyle lost to this in top 32
>.>
<.<

I'm pretty sure he was playing it more queendom-ish with 4-3-4 kingdra 3-2-3 pidgeot, and I'm pretty sure there was at least one QS pidgeot. If you played holon FF you wouldnt have to worry about that kingdra RR.
thanks for the help and by the way i know the trouble with this deck and your friend...lets see...on your nats report...slops you put Kingdra d twice(lol!)...

Kempley05, yours is pretty close, but a few key things are different.

It was 2/2 on the Kingdras. Yes, PenguinMaster, I played 3/1/3 for Pidgeot δ, but no QS. I wish I would've played 4 Castform, but I split that with Trode and Tron. No Magnemite (didn't realize Castforms potential till halfway through Nats, >_<). Ran 3 Mews, which is way too many, but you got the Jirachi DX right, and it's SO helpful Mew v. Mew with Kingdra out (2 for KO, that's right).

The trainers are a little off, but to each his own. The part I do have to point out, is that I played NO STADIUMS! That is what gives me so much room in the deck. The mention of Space Center is tempting, since I lost to Lati@s lock with Fulop, but I still think no Stadiums is the way to go. You just plain old don't need them. Still, if more are playing Lati@s lock in LBS (which is the only place it matters), then maybe Space Center could squeeze in here.

The energy is pretty messed up though. WP and Water instead of GL and Grass (what pokemon are YOU using that takes grass to attack?!). I did play five Holon energies though, so GL was the extra, but like I said, Water energy. Metals are tech, not staples. DRE is a beast though, that's the biggest part missing from the energy. Just think about that one for a bit. :wink:

Anyway, nice to see some people taking interest in the deck. It's got a lot of tricks up it's sleeve, and a few cards not mentioned yet, but eh, everyone plays a little different. Good luck to anyone playing it this weekend (you brave brave soul, lol).

i liek it look of it, i run my kingdra d with Gyarados d, and 4 holon reserch towers. so any attack u use with holon tower staduim out u'll do an extra 10 damage. with 3 gara's on the bench u'll do 110. *shrugs* jsut an idea. GL with it man :)

PSYCO829 said:
no stadiums?
what do you do vs BF?

What decks use BF that hurts this deck? Flariados is the closest one that actually half-way uses it where I would need to have Pidgeot δ.

Example, Mewtric uses it, but if I'm playing against Mewtric, I don't need Pidgeot δ do I? No, so I got turbo Water Kingdra and Mew ex (remember Mew v. Mew matchup).

Decks that run BF don't get hurt by Pidgeot δ, so I just don't play him that game. And no other stadium hurts the deck (Cursed Stone is about as close as it gets, but that's only Kingdra δ, and I still have Briney).

So there just isn't a need for a Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back