2 Energy Charge
1 Energy Recycle System
1 Pokémon Retriever
1 High Pressure system
1 Island Cave

Energies (14)
10 Water Energy
4 Boost Energy

Well.... the strategy here is to build up at least a Kingdra ex for attack. Pidgeot is there for taking anything from the deck. The rest is self explanatory (I guess....)
Sometimes, it looks slow, then anyone can help me??

4 Dunsparce
4 Horsea
3 Seadra
2 Kingdra
2 Kingdra ex
2 Pidgey
2 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot
1 Jirachi (HL)

3 Steven´s Advice
3 Copycat
2 Bill´s Maintenance
2 Rare Candy
4 Master Ball
2 Warp Point
1 Strength Charm
1 Crystal Shard
1 Pokémon Retriever
1 Swoop! Teleporter
2 Island Cave

12 Water Energy
4 Boost Energy

I'd probably go something along those lines.... bit more reliable I think. Makes Kingdra ex very hard to KO but deadly at the same time.

I don't quite understand.

You want kingdra active and attacking why?

He does 90 damage for 5 energy. That's a VERY bad damage to energy ration, and he's a stage 2 EX. I think if you want good/solid damage, go with a different pokemon. I don't see the purpose of spending 5 energies only to get a measly 90 damage.

ryanvergel said:
I don't quite understand.

You want kingdra active and attacking why?

He does 90 damage for 5 energy. That's a VERY bad damage to energy ration, and he's a stage 2 EX. I think if you want good/solid damage, go with a different pokemon. I don't see the purpose of spending 5 energies only to get a measly 90 damage.

Hi ryanvergel,

Attach one boost to it while it has three water on it. Now factor in one strengh charm and we have a one hit knock out maschine. In the meantime it can move the resources from the other side's active to their bench or hide in a smokescreen. Guess that is the reason for the two energy charges in this deck. The classic Kindgra sits on the bench and cancels the dual weakness in the meantime.

Dark Umbreon said:
Hi ryanvergel,

Attach one boost to it while it has three water on it. Now factor in one strengh charm and we have a one hit knock out maschine. In the meantime it can move the resources from the other side's active to their bench or hide in a smokescreen. Guess that is the reason for the two energy charges in this deck. The classic Kindgra sits on the bench and cancels the dual weakness in the meantime.

i think you mean 2 water energy and a boost. since it costs 3 colorless to attack, and it's +20 for each W energy, but you can only add 40. so, 2 water and a boost for 90 damage...not quite the OHKO machine, considering it's a stage 2 ex with dual weakness.

even if you have the kingdra on the bench, i just dont think the deck is that powerful. unless you have a pidgeot to get boost energy every turn, and have a T2 kingdra, it isn't that powerful.

i admit, an early kingdra, and if you somehow manage to get alot of boost energys, can be pretty good. 90 damage hurts. but if you dont get an early kingdra, or dont get thost boost energies, the only thing it is is a slow pokemon begging to be hurt by the dominant electric.

Water Adept posted a Kingdra deck here to get ideas for a Kingdra deck. Not any kind of other deck.

Ryan, Kingdra ex works well because of its versatility, more than anything else. Genetic Memory runs off a single Energy and can allow Kex to use one of several solid attacks. 1 for 40, or 20-flip-Agility, or 10-Smokescreen, or 30-Linear, or 30+move energy... tons of possibilities for a single Water Energy on a 150 HP tank with no weakness.

Boost is used as necessary, not constantly.

Water Adept said:
Pokémon (20)
3 Dunsparce (SS)
1 Jirachi (HL)
4 Horsea (2 Swift, 2 Retaliate)
3 Seadra (2 Agility, 1 Aqua Trick)
2 Kingdra ex (DR)
1 Kingdra (TRR)
2 Pidgey (FRLG)
2 Pidgeotto (FRLG)
2 Pidgeot (FRLG)

Trainers (26)
4 Steven´s Advice
3 Professor Oak´s Research
3 Bill´s Maintenance
2 Wally´s Training
2 Master Ball
2 Warp Point
2 Strength Charm
2 Crystal Shard
2 Energy Charge
1 Energy Recycle System
1 Pokémon Retriever
1 High Pressure system
1 Island Cave

Energies (14)
10 Water Energy
4 Boost Energy

Well.... the strategy here is to build up at least a Kingdra ex for attack. Pidgeot is there for taking anything from the deck. The rest is self explanatory (I guess....)
Sometimes, it looks slow, then anyone can help me??

My fix
-1 Charm
-1 ERS
-3 POR
-2 Master ball
+2 Celio
+1 Kingdra ex
+2 CopyCat
+1 Dunsparce

Tagrineth got this deck´s strategy. I don´t play with Kingdra to attack with HydroCannon... I play with it because Kingdra ex is an "Utility" Pokémon (Agility, Aqua trick, Smokescreen, Retaliate....)
Everyone, thank you. I have some new ideas. Only a observation : I play with Wally´s Training to evolve the Horsea to Kingdra in the same turn, and getting to attack in the second turn... Now, to the changes:

3 Dunsparce (SS)
1 Jirachi (HL)
4 Horsea (2 Swift, 2 Retaliate)
3 Seadra (2 Agility, 1 Aqua Trick)
2 Kingdra ex (DR)
1 Kingdra (TRR)
2 Pidgey (FRLG)
2 Pidgeotto (FRLG)
2 Pidgeot (FRLG)

Trainers (26)
3 Steven´s Advice
2 Professor Oak´s Research
3 Bill´s Maintenance
2 Wally´s Training
2 Copycat
2 Master Ball
2 Warp Point
2 Strength Charm
2 Crystal Shard
3 Energy Charge
1 Pokémon Retriever
2 Island Cave

Energies (14)
10 Water Energy
4 Boost Energy

Well, I only added some Copycat and I´m going with 3 Energy charge. It´s not a great change, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back