4 Pokedex Handy910is
4 Poke Drawer +
1 Speed Stadium
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Luxury Ball
4 Plus Power
2 Volkner's Philosophy

10 Water

The Speed Stadium is there in case I need to get rid of a Stadium, but feel free to gimme something better for that slot, same with Uxie.

I am not willing to get rid of the Pokedex, so please do not take those out. Feel free to try and change my mind, though!

In specific, do I need 4 Rare Candies with the Broken Time-Space? Felicity's instead of Volkner's? Stats from personal experience? Many thanks.

Last edited:
lucario is a terrible tech for luxray. if you're going to tech for it, use a mankey or promocroak.

relicanth can be played around, all lux needs is one gain, which means reliCANTh knock it out, lol

Hmm. I have a promo Toxicroak. I'll add that into the deck instead of the Lucario C, but can I ask why Lucario isn't a good tech? I don't understand why XD

"Kingdra Deck" and "Rogue" are not to be used in the same sentence. I've been pressing for it to be a federal law, but there's some opposition in Congress for some reason.

Anyway, I think the Lumineon line is far, far too thick. It's a situational tech in the first place, since they can easily just fill their bench, and even if they don't want to for whatever reason, it's even easier to just Cosmic extra basics away. It also messes with Kingdra's natural consistency a lot. 1-1 is probably safest, 2-2 at the maximum.

Bubble Coat is also not an awesome card to use in a deck built on speed. Could I suggest 2 Broken Time Space instead?

Finally, are you seriously planning on running 4 Buck's over 4 Bebe's?

"Kingdra Deck" and "Rogue" are not to be used in the same sentence. I've been pressing for it to be a federal law, but there's some opposition in Congress for some reason.

Anyway, I think the Lumineon line is far, far too thick. It's a situational tech in the first place, since they can easily just fill their bench, and even if they don't want to for whatever reason, it's even easier to just Cosmic extra basics away. It also messes with Kingdra's natural consistency a lot. 1-1 is probably safest, 2-2 at the maximum.

Bubble Coat is also not an awesome card to use in a deck built on speed. Could I suggest 2 Broken Time Space instead?

Finally, are you seriously planning on running 4 Buck's over 4 Bebe's?

I did say RoguISH. Mostly because I've not seen any with Lumineon in it. On that subject, it's not so much of a tech as a secondary line. (Of course, the fact that I've not got 4 Kingdras messes with that.) I can totally see reducing it down to 2-2, though.

Broken Time Space is a good card, but I don't have that many Pokemon, and with 4 Rare Candies is it really going to do that much good? As far as stadiums in general go, what about Speed Stadium?

Yes, I am planning on running 4 Buck's Training instead of 4 Bebe'e Search. Buck's provides that lovely +10 damage, and actually lets me draw into more cards, whereas Bebe's only lets me trade a card. As it is, I've got a lot of deck thinning going on already, so don't think I'd need four Bebe's anyway. Maybe 2 can go in to replace some Lumineon.

So, changes to make:

-2 Lumineon
-2 Finneon
+2 Bebe's Search
+2 Speed Stadium?

Can you elaborate why Bebe's? I don't personally see why it's so great, so if you could explain that would help me to learn ^_^

Bebe's is good because:

1) It can net you any pokemon.
2) It's the only card in the game that can do that with a very little drawback.
3) Helps you with Claydol Cosmic Power room.
4) Is better than Buck's by 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 miles.
5) Can get you something that Roseanne's or Buck's or Cynthia's can't.

Bebe's is probably our best supporter in format right now, besides Roseanne's, for the simple reason that you can instantly get ANY Pokemon WHENEVER you need it. If you really want the +10 from Buck's, which isn't necessary in my experience, then you could probably drop the Cynthia's for them.

Either way it goes, you're gonna want to max out on Supporters around 12-13, and Bebe's and Roseanne's are both pretty much necessary for consistency's sake in Stage 2 decks. That leaves your choice of draw Supporters, meaning Cynthia's, Buck's, or Felicity's. Honestly, I prefer Felicity's in Kingdra builds, but the Lumineon's low HP makes me want to lean toward a heavier Cynthia's count, since they become Gengar bait.

Buck's is just not a great card since it's essentially Mom's Kindness with a PlusPower. If you really needed the extra damage, you could easily work in a Crobat/Poketurn engine into the deck. Trying to rely on it over Bebe's is putting a lot of faith into your topdecks.

Just, really, Claydol is probably enough draw to last you the entire game, you won't really want 8 draw supporters in your deck. They'll end up clogging your hand, eventually, since you'll end up with 7+ card hands.

Or, you could run 4 Bebe's, 4 Roseanne's, 2 Buck's, 2 Cynthia's, and a Vs Seeker, so you can substitute the VS Seeker for whatever you need at that moment, so if the +10 is a priority, you still have the option without it clogging your hand.

Not to sound like a know-it-all, but I just wanted to be clear on why Bebe's is better suited here than Buck's.

There's ten in the list, but you're right. It's why I suggested the supporter line that I did.

Not to sound like a know-it-all, but I just wanted to be clear on why Bebe's is better suited here than Buck's.

No, not at all, that's exactly what I wanted! I've been out of competitive play for 6 years, I'm in the dark here.

So maybe 4 Roseanne's, 4 Bebe's Search, and then 4 Cynthia's. Thing I like about Cynthia's is that if I have a large hand, it can put cards back into my deck so I don't deck myself, and if I have a small hand from discarding too much, it can give me a boost.

Now, would I be correct in assuming that late game I'll be using Roseanne's primarily to fish out (har har) Water Energy to discard and then cycle back in? I've seen some people advise against using that tactic, but I'm rather fond of it.

Okay. Then here's what the deck should look like for Pokemon:

4-3-4 Kingdra
2-2 Lumineon SF
3-3 Claydol
2 Uxie

I have the Uxie and Claydol that I could put in. I DO NOT have the Seadras or the extra Horsea/Kingdra, as I said in my top post. :(

So then take out the Toxicroak G and just use Claydol as my Luxray basher?

So, I just noticed that you're not running Claydol. Now I get why you wanted to run extra draw supporters, but here's a better alternative. They just released Uxie LA as a league Promo, so if you get 2-3 of those, you can use those to refresh your hand when you need the boost.

Back to the questions just posed, yeah, that's actually a great supporter line for you, since you're not running Claydol. However, do try to save the Cynthia's until you have just been KO'd, since you get a much better draw output that way.

And normally, one would try to use Claydol to try to draw into the Energy, but how about a Bronzong SF line?

Claydol and Rosie's is plenty. And BTW, Claydol is not to be used for Lux killing. It's your draw. And Toxipromo crowds the deck a bit. LuxNape has a little trouble killing Kingdra for good anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back