2 tv reporter
3 celio's network
3 rare candy
2 strength charm
2 high pressure system
1 Mr. Briney's compassion
1 warp point
1 Surprise! Time machine

I just need a few cards from TRR. Kingdra ex is the main hitter with its variety of attacks. Genetic memory can do a lot of unpredictable things with one energy, such as 100% chance of confusion, moving energy around your opponent's field, deal 30 to any pokemon, agility or retaliate when in danger, search for water energy, or just a straight forward 40 damage. 90 for 5 energy or 70 for 4 energy is also pretty decent.

Pidgeot is very important and a great support in this deck. I want to try out the new trainer, surprise! time machine so that I can switch from kingdra ex to kingdra or vice versa when it is about to be knocked out. It gives me an indirect way to search for kingdra ex as well. Since I'm swarming with kingdra ex (3), and there are no good ways to recover pokemon-ex, I use bellosom to heal the benched injured kingdra ex while using other kingdra ex or kingdra (it can remove opponent's pokemon's energy if you're lucky enough) to stall. I believe the average damage dealed in the current format is about 80 damage. Kingdra ex has 150 HP (no weakness due to kingdra's power), therefore, I just need bellosom to heal for 2 turns to prevent kingdra ex from being 2 hit ko'ed. Kingdra ex takes awhile to fully power up its hydro canon, but when boost energy is reprinted, kingdra will be able to attack more quickly.

I was looking at other threads and I know that I'm not one of those popular players here, but please don't trash my deck. Afterall I have been playing this game since dec 1998. :eek: I need your feeback guys.

Last edited:
Hi Dro,

The deck seems nice to me. Consider some more draw abilities to have the needed cards out faster and some one more Kingdra from Rocket Returns since both attacks are nice on their own and combine well with Seadra and Genetic Memories. This hands the deck an resource control theme. Discard or switch around their resources is a nice tactic to ensure the other side has a harder time to hit Kingdra. The auto confusion is nice too. Not entire sure on the old Horsea due to the low health it comes with. Consider to stick with the Kingdra and Pidgeot line and loose the Bellosom line. Other than that the deck looks real nice. Hope this provides some assistance.

Thanks dark umbreon :) I'll consider your advice.

I think 2 kingdras are enough because kingdra's mostly there for its weakness prevention pokebody. As long as I have pidgeot out, I don't know if I still need more draw. Hopefully I'll be able to test it out after finishing all my school mid-terms.

Bellosom is there to heal, which most people rarely do to there pokemon ex. If that doesn't work, I'll take them out and put in more draw cards.

Last edited:
Hi Dro,

Kingdra is also a nice hitter since it is able to discard resources on their side which slows them down. The draw was intended to have Pidgeot out fast on turn two or three to ensure a constant card flow to assist Kingdra and her experienced version. Beside that me has a soft spot for resource denial themes and resource switch tactics. Would be interested in a review on Dark Heart now that more looked into the new set to obtain some ideas on weakness and how to further tweak it.

I don't know what to throw out for more draw. Maybe a strength charm?

I looked at your deck and I don't know what those cards do exactly but it seems pretty neat.

I know you might be kinda partial to the the strehdth charmsbut its just an idea....try taking out the s. charms and add 1 tr machine and 1 briney since you are able to switch the evo you could swith evos and then briney the non ex kingdra up when it has near critical damage and then lay the horsea back down and strt powering up again....another idea is that you could take out the bellosom and add another surprise machine dunno jus throwing out ideas here lol.....Anyways i LOVE the deck idea im a fomer Kingdra player ( during neon )...and i definitely will be again when it is released :)....Good Job

I like bellosom because it's pretty original :eek:

I don't want to rely on the time machine too much because when you devolve, seadra has to have enough hp to survive. The card is pretty situational, but with pidgeot, it will work when u want it to.

Maybe

-1 Strengh charm
-1 time machine
+2 VS seeker

That will give me more briney and draw power?

Hi Dro,

Not entire sure how this would do but it would have some more draw abilities and a mean to rescue the Kindgra line in case there is a need to do so. Added one more Kingdra since its attack is decent and enables a constant beatdown and resource denial in case the coins allow it.

POKEMON (23):

2 Pidgey (evolve)
2 Pidgeot (enable)
4 Dunsparce (draw)
1 Pidgeotto (enable)
4 Seadra (beatdown)
4 Horsea (evolution)
3 Kingdra (beatdown)
3 Kindgra ex (beatdown)

TRAINER (21):

3 High Pressure System (enable)
3 Super Scoop Up (enable)
3 Steven's Advice (draw)
3 Celio's Network (draw)
3 Rare Candy (enable)
3 TV Reporter (draw)
3 Copycat (draw)

ENERGY (16):

16 Water Energy

Thanks, I'll try that out. Still, I think 3 kingdras are overkilled. Its attacks are good but do not do a lot of damage and hard to rely upon. Super scoop up is too flippy, but I'll see if it does better than bellosom. Special condition is a problem due to kingdra ex's high retreat cost. I think I need at least 2 switch.

Hi Dro~,

Had no other idea instead of Super Scoop up to save Kingdra ex from knock outs. Bellosom would obtain one turn for it but not more and it does not knock out that much within one turn too. Since this deck seems a little slow in the start Rocket's Administrator could be nice to disable the fast ones. Let me know what you think about this idea.

Hi Dro~,

Just noticed that another mean to heal Kingdra ex would be to have two Mantine on the bench. One could run two of them instead of the Bellosom line in case it turns out that you want some heal abilities. A basic would be a better choice than the evolution line since it retreats for free with the stadium card chosen and also heals from the bench.

That's a very good idea, I have certainly overlooked thiis card. Dark hypno will give me a problem though, due to the high number of pokemon that I have in play. Also without bellosom, I'll lose the advantage against nidoqueen. If dark hypno never gets popular, I'll definitely run mantine.

That gives me another deck idea, which is to run 4 mantine and 1 bellosom so that you can remove 6 damage counters each turn. :eek: good in wailord ex deck maybe.

Bellosom would obtain one turn for it but not more and it does not knock out that much within one turn too.

If you look at the discussion on healing, that one turn is very important and can change the game very much.

Looks pretty good,I'm just wondering why your built a deck 2 dilbertly counter Monarchy.(just curious)

No, that's not true... I just wanted to grab people's attention :p It's just a coincidence that kingdra and bellosom both have type advantage on Nido family.

Last edited:
According to Vincent, mantine's power is translated incorrectly by PUI. So I guess I'll stick with bellosom for now or use neither one of them.

You need wally's training. Technically you can wally and do a regular evo in the same turn. That means kingdra turn 2 is a possiblity

Hi Dro~,

Still like the deck idea a lot. Consider to head for a turn two Kindra ex with this deck to deal some initial damage and disable them from the start. The idea would focus on a double evolution within one turn to save time on the resources and hurt the other side from the start.

POKEMON (18):

4 Dunsparce (draw)
4 Seadra (beatdown)
4 Horsea (evolution)
3 Kingdra (beatdown)
3 Kindgra ex (beatdown)

TRAINER (24):

3 High Pressure System (enable)
3 Pow! Hand Extension (disable)
3 Super Scoop Up (enable)
3 Steven's Advice (draw)
3 Wally's Training (draw)
3 Celio's Network (draw)
3 TV Reporter (draw)
3 Copycat (draw)

ENERGY (18):

18 Water Energy

Please let me know about this deck idea.

You can evolve and then wally, but you can't wally then evolve. Wally breaks the rules, so it can be used after your first evolution. But if you use wally first, that counts as your own evolution and your regular evolution doesn't break the rules, so you couldn't evolve twice.

But yeah, a turn one kingdra is possible with a horsea, rare candy, and kingdra. Or a second turn kingdra done by a evolution, then wally, or a rare candy then wally. If you go second, and your first turn isn't the first turn of the game, you can rare candy and then wally on your first turn.

Anyways, good luck with the deck lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back