Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kingdra Swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roderick

This is currently my most favorite deck as it consists of both speed and water Pokemon. Now moving on to the decklist...

Pokemon = 16

Kingdra = 4
Seadra = 2
Horsea = 4

Claydol = 2
Baltoy = 2

Regice = 2

Trainers = 25

Bebe’s Search = 4
Rare Candy = 4
Felicity’s Drawing = 4
PlusPower = 4
Roseanne’s Reasearch = 3
Night Maintinance = 3
Switch = 2
Warp Point = 1
Team Galactic’s Wager = 1

Energies = 18

Water Energy = 18

Strategy:
The strategy is to simply swarm Kingdra and do some decent damage as early as possible. All the cards in the deck are there to support Kingdra. Kingdra’s Dragon Pump, Felicity’s Drawing and Regice’s Poke-Power all keep a consistant routine for you to have energies in the discard pile to deal heavy with Aqua Stream. The damage can also be increased further with the PlusPowers. I also used to play Phione and Call Energy in this deck but soon found out that it slows the deck rather than make it faster.

So far I have played against the following decks:

Magnavire (with Metagross):
A hard match up due to the fact that they paralyze you each turn. I used to have a 1-1 Xatu (tech) because of this deck but now I replaced it with Warp Point and Switch. I still have to test without the Xatu line.

Tentacreul/Lanturn:
Quite an annoying matchup as Kingdra has weakness to Lanturn and Tentacruel keeps you from making large amounts of damage with Aqua Stream. You have to figure out how to K.O the Tentacruels early on as Lanturn depends on you to attach energies to do fast damage. Without energies on your side Lanturn will have to use it’s second attack which will slow it down an you can still deal it damage with Aqua Stream as it is an energyless attack.

Rypherier Variant:
Kingdra simply walks all over this deck as it way too fast for Rypherier and to top that Rypherier is also weak to water which makes it the most easy match up for Kingdra (IMO).

Garchomp/LvX Variant:
This is a match up in Kingdra’s favor because of speed. Up till now it has always been in Kingdra’s favor but it may be due to fact that this variant didn’t consist of any Electric Pokemon.

I would like to Thank You all for reading and would also appriciate any suggestions on how to make my deck better. I would also like to Thank You for your help in advance. :smile:

Take out the regice and make claydol 3-3. The only support regice gives is discarding which isn't needed. It's pokepower only works if your opponent has a basic active and that's not worth it for a terrible start.

The Phenom1993: Thank You.

Blaziken 1111: I don't think think any deck should play more than 2-2 Claydol. I konw what you mean by having a bad start with Regice but I rarely start with it and I have Switch and Warp Point to get me out of that tight spot, I also don't care wether the PokePower's effect (switching my opponent's Pokemon) works or not as the main reson for Regice is to discard my energy cards throughout the game because once the Felicity's Drawing are used up the only way to discard energies is Kingdra's Dragon Pump and that is hardly fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back