Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kingdra: T1 or Swarm(consistent)

soxrcol

Is it worth is adding all the extra stuff into kingdra in order to get a t1 Kingdra and donk them, or should you just go for the almost sure bet and max the good stuff and plow through them?

by t1 stuff I mean Unknown R, PokeRadar, Quick/Dusk ball, Victory Medal ect ect.

By consistent stuff I mean maxed out roseannes and bebes, Night Maintenances, draw cards, regice, ect ect.

Should you really try and get a t1 kingdra, going for the donk, when they might make a comeback and you might no pull off another insto kingdra and lose.

Or should you go with more consistent version and even know you might not get the donk, you often plow through them.

I'm really not sure what would be the better version to play.

Any experiences you guys wanna share? How did you play kingdra and how did you do? lists?

JW what you guys thought.

Playing Kingdra as a T1 donk deck = sour grapes for someone.

Either 'boo hoo, I got donked' or 'boo hoo, I lost cos I didn't get the T1 Kingdra I was supposed to'.

I prefer the swarm version, and I also like to use Aqua Stream :eek:.

And finally FTK Decks are starting to appear in pkmn as well...
I just played against consistency kindras til now, but if there where to many of these FTK decks in my area i'd quit the game.
I changed from YGO to PKMN because it needed more skill and was more fun and complex, but seems this is going downhill as well :/.
Just the idea of playing victory medal and stuff, just to get the T1 donk disgusts me, and how can one seriosly enjoy playing such an awful boring and self running deck ?

And finally FTK Decks are starting to appear in pkmn as well...
I just played against consistency kindras til now, but if there where to many of these FTK decks in my area i'd quit the game.
I changed from YGO to PKMN because it needed more skill and was more fun and complex, but seems this is going downhill as well :/.
Just the idea of playing victory medal and stuff, just to get the T1 donk disgusts me, and how can one seriosly enjoy playing such an awful boring and self running deck ?
I have alot of fun running this sort of deck. I also have been able to overcome my opponent getting turn one KOs with kingdra. Getting out a t1 kingdra attack doesn't guarante a win.

They have the same list, IMO. Playing one means you are playing the other. Pokeradar is just a bad card, no matter what deck you use, unless you play 25+ Pokemon. Same goes for the other cards, they wouldn't make the cut for my deck no matter how fast I wanted the deck to kill.

i personally like the swarm idea, it seems to be more consistent, and for some reason you cant donk them, swarm makes sure you still have a chance.

i don't really like kingdra as i have never been in a agme where they didn't get T1 kingdra, but, it's actually not that hard of a game to win if you have another pokemon to do stuff with as kingdra really starts going downhill after 2 attacks without claydol (my opponents get lucky with that as well..) so i would sya go for the consistent one as T1 DONK's aren't fun for anyone.

...Don't all of the cards that get turn 1 Kingdra help to get more Kingdras out later? (Maybe I'm imagining things, but I definately remember having three kingdra well before turn 5 in one game ://) It's... Kind of hard to have a turn 1 Kingdra, but not be able to get another Kingdra quickly, don't you agree (Unless your method for getting Kingdra involves Uxies and no Claydols, which is plausible, but you'd still have room for Claydol...)?

I think a better way to look at this is "Do we focus on Aqua Stream or not?" 'cause Aqua Stream IS better at taking out big threats then Dragon Pump, yes. So in a way, its more setting up for a donk attack (though it fits your "Consistent" list) if you try to use Aqua Stream. Meanwhile, pure Dragon Pump is obviously more consistent damage-wise, but will just be too slow for most main attackers once they get out. Focusing on Aqua Stream DEFINATELY requires a different list, like teching in Regice, maybe Alakazam or something like that... Where as almost ignoring Aqua Stream gives you more space to play more trainers (Not supporters... Supporters are bad :X) and thus approach the turn 1 Kingdra.

If we look at it that way... I think the faster you can get a Kingdra out, the better off you'll be. Turn 1 isn't needed every time, of course. But if you can almost ensure a kingdra by turn 3, get another one out turn 5, have another turn 6, your opponent's very quickly going to be overwhelmed. Trying to clutter up a deck that clearly benefits from speed just doesn't make logical sense :/

Its only a T1 deck because it has a single energy attack. To not take advantge of that and build your deck for early speed seems slightly perverse to me.

70hp+ basic pokemon "counter" T1 kingdra. I doubt that we will ever see the T1 games that were such a feature of the Haymaker days of Base and Jungle.

Why not a really speedy swarm list. I mean what do you consider swarm. I mean if your play 4-2-4 kingdra 2-2 claydol and 2-1 uxie with a lot of traienrs with 4 pokedex you can usually get a very fast set up doing a lot of damage quickly.

I don't see how you can get Kingdra out on Turn 1 when you can't evolve on Turn 1 in the first place, you have to wait a turn to evolve Pokemon If you played that Pokemon just recently. It's similiar to summoning sickness in Magic.

T2 Kingdra is more possible than T1, now unless you go second then I suppose...

I hate T1/T2 donk decks. Congratulation tournamentg winner, you managed to pull enough lucky draws to do two things on your first turn and win. How skillful you are! :/

ROFL, sableye is probably going to make these T2 donk decks better. Think about it. If your opponent starts with a sableye, you automatically get the next turn to drop your entire hand and get your T2 combo on T1 instead.

Back