Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kingdraaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!1111111

Status
Not open for further replies.
So probably the most hyped up card in LA is Kingdra so I did some research and found some cards that seem to be good combos with it. Here's the list right now:

/*Updated since the original posting*/

Pokemon (18):
4 Horsea LA
2 Seadra LA
4 Kingdra LA
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
1 Abra MT
1 Alakazam MT
1 Bronzor MD
1 Bronzong MT

Trainers (25):
4 Roseanne’s Research
4 Bebe’s Search
4 Rare Candy
3 Felicity’s Drawing
3 Warp Point
2 Cynthia’s Feelings
2 Night Maintenance
1 PlusPower
1 Technical Machine TS-2
1 Bubble Coat

Energy (17):
15 Water Energy
2 Psychic Energy

So obviously this deck runs around Kingdra's attacks. Many of the other cards in the deck are meant to compliment them. Alakazam (which I've seen a lot of other people talk about on the forums) and Bronzong can discard waters for the first attack (so can felicity's, by the way.) Smeargle and Roseanne's are to get energy from your deck to your hand to keep the flow of energy going. This deck could use claydol for that purpose too, but sometimes I like to look at less popular choices. So, tell me what you think.

Last edited:
I tried kingdra with bronzong and it just doesn't give enought support. I would take out the bronzong line and smeargle for a 3-3 claydol line. Also take out a warp point for a NM becuase you need at least 2 in any deck.

Ok I updated the list. Are there too many basics that can't attack in this deck (an abra start can kill)? Should there be more of a variety in the energy department, like maybe 2 psychic & 15 waters?

I think you take a big risk to put 4 felicity's.... 17 energy is to much, garchomp and porygon is suitable in that much energy, not the other... 15 is ok...

-1 felicity
-5 water energy

+3 TV reporter
+3 psychic

YES it's worth it.... back up plan...

I think you take a big risk to put 4 felicity's.... 17 energy is to much, garchomp and porygon is suitable in that much energy, not the other... 15 is ok...

-1 felicity
-5 water energy

+3 TV reporter
+3 psychic

YES it's worth it.... back up plan...

TV Reporter isn't legal after the rotation...

TV Reporter isn't legal after the rotation...

sorry, I don't memorized all, because tv reporterr also in dragon frontier....

ok then, 4 felicity add 2 water energy... if tv reporter not legal anymore, no other choice...

or energy restore to reload for dragon pump... well that's my opinion...

@zathas

you will not always using the first attack of kingdra right? the second attack 1 energy for 60 is a bit yah broken

I don't think it's necessary to max on the Claydol line. 2-2 is what gets put into most decks (I think) and they are searchable with bebe's and stuff.

I tried kingdra with bronzong and it just doesn't give enought support. I would take out the bronzong line and smeargle for a 3-3 claydol line. Also take out a warp point for a NM becuase you need at least 2 in any deck.

Entirely correct. Claydol works great with Kingdra, as it makes sure you always have the cards to discard. Also, screw the Alakazam line for a couple Phiones.

not 4 of them, even though you need it....

you run 4 types of pokemon in the deck, I think you should choose between bronzong mt or alakazam....

I rather choose Bronzong, so you don't need much rare candy and a space for more trainer or supporter or pokemon tool maybe or phione......

turn pyshcic energy to metal.... a bit more 3 is fine maybe....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back