Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kingeringer's 1st place Ontario Provincials

Hurricane

Well, I was excited about the whole day, when i noticed I had'nt chosen which deck I had wanted to play, so I chose to play a CurseGar originally, but then swapped to LuxChomp last second, because Zach had added in a counter: Mismagius. So, we head down to the hotel, and register up, and were ready to rumble! W00T! My crew was playing LuxChomp and Jumpluff BTW.

Round 1 vs Taylor W w/Lumineon/Gatr

He starts off with 2 Lumineon to my Promocroak, and I call into 2 Luxray. I Roseanne into a Lucario GL, gain my luxray, and bite'em both for game. He didn't draw anything nice, so it was a flop match for him. GG anyways!

1-0

Nick 1-0 (SR)
Zach 1-0 (MA)
Marcel 1-0 (MA)

Round 2 vs Matt B w/Machamp/Donphan/Spiritomb/Relicanth

I coulda swore this kid came straight from hell -.-' I get a decent start regardless, and he starts with Tomb. I get a Luxray X with bebe and procede to spam Ko's, getting 2 prizes when he sends up Donphan for a KO. Now, before the tournament, Zach and I had talked, and he said the strategy for beating Donphan is to Toxic Fang with Crobat G, so I poison him, and heal with Garch C X while he dies slowly. I make the count even so he dies on the end of his turn, and I setup in the meantime. He gets KO'd and sends up Tomb. I Luxray Machamp, and DCE Uxie X, drop Lucario GL and Crobat, and trample the rest. Scary matchup though XD GG Matt!

2-0

Nick 2-0
Zach 2-0
Marcel 2-0

W00T!!! We're all 2-0! Going smooth baby :eek::thumb::pokeball::lol:

Round 3 vs Michael L w/Gyarados/Relicanth

Well, going into this game, we both knew it was showtime! I have the advantage, but I was scared about the reversals in his deck. We start off, and I begin with Azelf to his Sableye -.- I eventually setup and he gets the first 2 KO's. I gather up a Luxray GL ravenge kill, but dont Level UP thinking he plays a Mankey tech, finding out after it's a Relicanth :tongue: So anyways, he Rescues a Karp with Combee, and Tail Revenges with Flash Bites for the KO. It's 3-5, and I'm getting worried. . I procede with a Luxray kill again, and he sends up Sableye:biggrin: I am shocked, but apparently he didn't have the Rescue, so he impersonates, and I catchup. I KO Sableye with Luxray, and he Rescues Karp. He declares Flash bite Twice, and I spray twice:cool: SSU drops here, and it's a heads, so he picks up Uxie and uses Set UP, me Failing to Spray. He's Forced to Expert Belt here, so he gets a prize. It's my time to shine. I set up a Lux GL on the bench, and wall with a Crobat, preparing a Trash Bolt. He draws into a reversal, and hits a tails. YES! I might win! So he continues with a Tail Revenge. I send up, Luxray Lv X, and Flash Bite, attach to Garch C, and Trash Bolt(1-1). Mike goes for a Crobat, and draws. It goes down to a reversal flip so he can hit a Lucario GL with a Uxie + Belt for 80 :eek: He hits a heads...........BUT! He flips a non-transparent die. and has to re-roll. Tails :biggrin::biggrin: I was happy and sad, because it was on luck, but he threw the hardest game that day. I Garch C snipe for the last prize. GG Mike, srry bout your luck :frown:

3-0

Nick 3-0
Zach 3-0
Marcel 2-1 (Loses a good game to Alaric. Nicely played man :thumb:)

Im starved up soooo bad, I was about to eat my Luxray GL Lv X, and then a DCE. I fight it and find out I'm up against my good friend Nick.

Round 4 vs. Nick K w/Jumpluff/Reversals

o_O. Im soooo scared of this matchup, because its not fun with a full bench, so it's basically a fake Dusknoir wall. He starts with Pachi, and me a Promocroak. I call into Lux and Chomp, but my hand is FAIL. He CFF's with Pachi to get a Baltoy and 2 Hoppy's, I'm beginning to think I lose, when my god, Cyrus, shows up. I grab a Gain, a lightning, and a Collector. I bright look Baltoy, and he goes downhill from there, once i Bright look it again. He has no draw and goes dry. GG Nick :p

Nick 3-1(Loses to a good player, I forget his name :lol::cool:)

YES!!! Fries and Gravy show up with my Dad, and we chow down before 5 round. We're all psy'ched to see that were all doing so well, and we're ready to step back into the ring! :wink:

Round 5 vs. Winston C a.k.a. Chanman:biggrin: w/CurseGar/Dusknoir

It seems like he got off to an ok start, while I get the best start of the day, no Azelfs Mike, just a Uxie :lol: So he starts Tomb'in and I start spalunking my setup. I can't spray him cuz he walls me with Keystone Seal, so Uxie X bomb his Tomb, while he slowly sets up. I Trade off and get Cyrus, and get my 3 SP on the bench, a Lux, a Lux, and a Garch C. I snipe off anything he has, including Dol and Haunter, whle he disrupts me with a Dusknoir. I sweep his basics, and he loses. GG Winny!

Well at this point, I go into cut, and Nick does as well :thumb: This being his first cut, I ask Troy to explain the rules and some pointers, and I go into Top 8:

1. Jacob L (LuxChomp) 5-0
2. Winston C (CurseGar/ Dusk) 4-1
3. Mike L* (Gyarados) 4-1
4. Boyce F* (Ploxx/Dusk/Tomb) 4-1
5. Matt C* (CurseGar/Queen/Dusk) 4-1
6. ??? (???) Srry! ?-?
7. Nick K. (Jumpluff/Reversal) 3-2
8. Matt B (OH NOES!!!) (Donphan/Machamp/Spiritomb/Relicanth) 3-2

* These people probably are in the wrong seed lol

SOOOO........ we go into cut, and I notice I'm up against the kid from hell again. Matt B., with ANti-SP . Failure to life :lol::pokeball::cool::biggrin: SO here we go! TOP CUT W00T!

Top 8 vs. Matt B. w/Donphan/Machamp/Spiritomb/Relicanth :fighting::dark: :mad:

Game 1: Same as Round 2 EXACTLY. At this point, I think I'm losing my voice, so I talk as less as possible, and I plow through.

Game 2: A race to the last prize, as he finally realizes how to pass my Crobat wall. I spam alll the KO's I can, and pass it 1-1. I Garch C X snipe for game. Nice seeing yeah again Matt!

6-0

I'm very excited, because I've never had such a hard way to cut, but I lose happiness as I hear Nick lost in Top 8 :nonono::nonono::nonono: It's ok though, he'll get home somehow:lol: I have to battle against Mike again, probably my worst matchup here, but we advance and play on!

Top 4 vs. Michael L (Gyarados)

Game 1: I start with Ambipom G, he starts with a Sableye. He Impersonates, and I attach DCE, Cyrus, Flash Bite x2, and Ambidonk him :eek::lol::lol::eek::cool:

"Mini Intermission" I'm thirsty, so I go to grab some water with Mike, and turns out all the cups are dirty :frown: Zach gives me his weird dirty cup and I drink from it. It was awesome :smile:

Game 2: I get A FAIL'IN start and procede to coincede when hes at 2 prizes up on me and kills both Luxray with reversal.

Game 3: We go on, and I get my best start of the day, his worst : Double Crobat. He stalls for 2 turns While I get 1 ko, and He gets a Sableye. I'm ready for anything here, and he summons a BEAST gyarados with a belt. We trade prizes, but hes behind, and it eventually gets to 2-1, and he has a Gyarados with 50 on it from an Earhquake, and I have a Garch C up active. He flips a reversal......Tails. He Hits a Uxie...... Setup for 4. And draws into another reversal. Flips********Tails :frown: Hes out on his luck that day, so anyways, he Tail Revenges for a KO, and I
KO Gyarados with Luxray for game. I show him the Garch C X in hand with 2x Flash Bites Rdy, so he was a goner w/ or w/o the reversal heads :thumb::biggrin: GG Mike =D

W00T!!! So pumped for Top 2, and I feel like a dollar bill, from wakin' up so early, and it's like 7 or 8 now. Matt tank'ed Winny in Top 4, so looks like we meet up in Top 2. My Dad and Zach are in there Round, and me and Matt have like 5 mins to chill, cuz we never met. He's a cool guy after all :cool: Zach was in his Top 16 match, and he tried to signal me to ask if I made Top 2 or not by giving me a thumbs up, but I could'nt signal him back LOL I sit down and prep for Top 2.

Top 2 vs. Matt C w/CurseGar/Queen/Dusk

Game 1: We get setup, and I run through his Gengars with Belts. He loses in maybe 12 minutes :lol:

Game 2: He gets nothing and I run through until he bench'ed out. GG Matt! Nice meeting you and see yeah at Regionals!

Awesome! My 2nd Provincials win in Seniors. Propz and Slopz time!

Props:
Nick for making Top 8
Zach for winning 11-0
My dad for "practically" making cut
Dakota for making Top 16 and for being Dakota
Winning X-O
Canada REPRESENTZ in Oregon :thumb:
Awesome Judging
Fries n' Gravy
Brownies
Marvin's mad Flygon skillz
Meeting Matt
Quebec next week/ the french crew coming down :wink:
St Hubert

Slopz

Mike's coin flips :frown:
CF 4-3 Incident:frown::mad:
Burnt cheese:smile: wait........ I mean :mad:
ALMOST losing my awesome voice :lol:

Thanks for everybody who came down. I had a great time except for slop #2 :frown: Hope to see ya'll at Quebec for some awesome fun!

~Jake

Last edited:
Yo, congrats on going nuts on your opponents with the current BDIF lol. Thanks for propsin me for making the list and tellin ya how to play it. Most consistent senior in Canada...ever!

Yeah Zach, you can't say that's not part my list, and I owned Dad with LuxChomp last night so, I teach you how to play it :lol: The rest is true XD Thx anyways guys!

Back