Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Landorus

Dootar

I was wondering, Landorus first attack allows you to attach a basic energy card onto him. Is there any other pokemon that has that attack or similar? Just looking around for some help on my deck :]

Thundurus does for lightning.
Tangela places grass anywhere.
Promopikachu does for lightning.
Mareep hs does lightning.
Skarmory places metal(basic and special) anywhere.
Slugma has a power that can attach basic fire.
Those are all i can think of for basic pokemon that attach energy from deck. Celebi prime and pachirisu can attach from hand.
Posted with Mobile style...

---------- Post added 10/22/2011 at 11:37 PM ----------

Oh and jirachi can snag psychic from discard and attach to self

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Steelix prime but it costs a double colorless an is a stage 2. Are you also talking strictly discard or from anywhere (deck/Bench/hand.)

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Steelix prime but it costs a double colorless an is a stage 2. Are you also talking strictly discard or from anywhere (deck/Bench/hand.)

Steelix Prime = Stage 1.

Also, Metang UL does the same for Psychic.

I'm not really that impressed with Landorus, it's just like Thundurus it won't see much play and is easily outclassed by Tornadus and the Dragons including Kyurem as well. It has potential against Magnezone and Zekrom but I just don't see how good it is, If it had better attack costs then yes it would see more play but as it stands it's just a junk rare.

Yeah I definitely see Terrakion as a solid counter against Zekrom and Magnezone but it's too much like Bouffalant to get that extra damage you need for the KO. It's best used when your Opponent has taken a prize on their last turn and then you can Catcher their Zekrom or Magnezone for a KO. With Eviolite though Zekrom might be hard to take down however against Zone it has a chance.

Thank you for all the suggestion, but I guess i was too vague since I didn't want to explain the deck I wanted to use it for. I was thinking of using landurous to receive a fighting energy and then using machamp prime fighting tag to get the energies onto him, but since landurous isn't out yet, I wanted to find a different option.

The only downside terrakion has is that huge 4 retreat cost. In that regard, Landorus is better. In terms of countering zekrom, they are both about even, esp with eviolite.

All Terrakion has going for it is the revenge attack, but that can be played around quite easily due to its FC attack cost. You can't really surprise the zekrom player with it. Both are still good 'threats' to the zekrom player on the bench though.

Don't forget about Gigalith EP. Its Shear attack lets you discard the top 5 cards from your deck and attach any fighting there to Gigalith. It could work well with Research Record to pick and choose what your top cards are, Shear them to the discard and then fighting tag the next turn.

Edit: Granted, that's another Stage 2 for the deck...

Yeah I definitely see Terrakion as a solid counter against Zekrom and Magnezone but it's too much like Bouffalant to get that extra damage you need for the KO. It's best used when your Opponent has taken a prize on their last turn and then you can Catcher their Zekrom or Magnezone for a KO. With Eviolite though Zekrom might be hard to take down however against Zone it has a chance.

I couldn't disagree more. Whereas Terakkion has a very specific Niche(Revenge killing) Landorus has incredible versatility and syncronization with a good bit of the format. It at the very least makes Machamp prime worth a second look. 130 damage for 3 energy and built in energy accel is nothing to shake a stick at either. Throw in an electric resistance that we didn't know existed in japanese scans and I think you're selling it way short.

Back