Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Last Chance Qualifier - Play Points Requirement

ATJdragon

"Masters division competitors must have at least 10 Play! Points to enter the Last Chance Qualifier"

Is that lifetime Play Points! or this season? Due to poor timing for practically every big event this season, I wont reach 10 play points for this season. Despite that, I was planning on attending Grinders as I am on vacation in Hawaii already. I will be incredibly disappointed if I am unable to play due to this.

"Masters division competitors must have at least 10 Play! Points to enter the Last Chance Qualifier"

Is that lifetime Play Points! or this season? Due to poor timing for practically every big event this season, I wont reach 10 play points for this season. Despite that, I was planning on attending Grinders as I am on vacation in Hawaii already. I will be incredibly disappointed if I am unable to play due to this.

I have no idea when this year ends or the next one starts for Play Points, or if there is an overlap. You could ask customer service: something like "I currently have 7 season play points, if I play in league and two grassroots events in July and August before Worlds in Hawaii this year will I have enough PP to play in the grinder?" Don't expect a quick answer once you get past the automated responses

It could be that the Worlds grinder PP list will be pulled at the end of June. Worlds being a bit of an isolated bubble season wise.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your concern and research. I was not aware grassroot tournaments existed, that seems to be the solution!

I would assume that the Grinder would fall under the 2011-12 season for play points. It would make no sense for it to be lifetime play points. I think that the Grinder retroactively looks at what you did during the 2011-12 season, and then applies it to if you are able to play. However that's really not an official answer.

Drew

You will need the 10 PP from the current season (which ends in 1 week). Not 100% sure when the next reporting date is for this league session, but it may not be in time. Good luck finding sanctioned tourneys this week and have them reported in time for PP to rack up. My guess is no bending of said rules for you, if you dont have the 10 PP.

Good luck!

Keith

Back