Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Latias/Latios Hunting. Any tips?

mysterioustrainer

Well I finally made it to the point in both versions where Latias (Sapphire) or Latios (Ruby) is running around the Hoenn region in my games. I want to catch them of course but I haven't had any luck even seeing either one of them once. So I wanted to ask:

Is chasing after them like chasing after Entei, Suicune, and Raikou in the older games (The pokemon keeps jumping from one area to another)?
Should I search water routes?
Any tips that is useful?

Thanks everybody.

mysterioustrainer said:
Is chasing after them like chasing after Entei, Suicune, and Raikou in the older games (The pokemon keeps jumping from one area to another)?
Yes.

mysterioustrainer said:
Yes.

Any tips that is useful?
I think there are supposed to be TV reports that say where they are. I never saw said reports (saw Latios wild first), but my player's guide mentions them.

This I guide I made should help.

Latios/Latias Guide

Step 1

Purchase 99 Ultra Balls and 99 Max Repels.

Step 2

Obtain a White Flute from the glassmaker next to Fallarbor Town.

Step 3

Raise a Wobbuffet to LV. 39.

Step 4

Obtain Arco Bike.

Step 5

Go out side of the Safari Zone.

Step 6

Use Max Repel, White Flute and get on the Arco bike.

Step 7

Move into grass outside of Safari Zone, and place Wobbuffet in first slot of your group.

Step 8

Start doing bunny hops on the bike, while moving around in the grass until Max Repel runs out.

Step 9

Go inside Safari Zone, come back out, and repeat steps 5 through 8 until you find Latios/Latias.

The Wobbuffet should really help to prevent Latios from running away.

Ask a friend to trade you a Lati@s then trade it back right away, they have their Lati@s, you can see where it is in your Pokedex, Pure genius!
(I'm humble too!)

Flipping Out
--FlipsAreCool :lol:

Actually dont know about that?

But if you have a friend who has caught the one you are looking for, or if you have access to Eon Ticket, you can mix records, and battle them. It will appear in your dex as having seen it, and you can track it that way.

Also I found that repels arent necessary. Unlike in GSC with Dogs, they will not leave an area til either you leave, or you battle them. So if you do happen to be in same area as them, without a repel tehn just stay there til they appear.

Besides Wobbofet, you can also use a Sableye with Mean look, since there Psychic attacks will do nothing to him.

Step 1: Get Master Ball.
Step 2: Find your Lati.
Step 3: Throw Master Ball.
Step 4: There is no step 4.

Seriously, the Lati's are annoying little buggers when it comes to ball-escaping. You'll know what I mean when you find them. Took me over forty Ultra Balls to catch Latias, and the little sucker had to go and have <5 in all DVs.

I agree with Marril, save your Master Ball for Latias and/or Latios. I made the mistake and used my Master Ball in Sapphire on Kyogre. Latias even fled when asleep :mad: (first time I ever seen something like that).
In Ruby, I got Groudon with my 4th Ultra Ball and therefore got Latios with my Master Ball without all the hassle.

Well I just used false swipe on it..and ta da. :p

Found it a second time and througha great ball. Easily caught.

Rep13, your idea sounds so ridiculously stupid that is must work for you to even know about it. I try it.

Basically all I am trying to do is just see the crazy thing, I can usually chase down these pokemon after I see it.

were to find latios

mysterioustrainer said:
Well I finally made it to the point in both versions where Latias (Sapphire) or Latios (Ruby) is running around the Hoenn region in my games. I want to catch them of course but I haven't had any luck even seeing either one of them once. So I wanted to ask:

Any tips that is useful?

Thanks everybody.

well for me i usually find him around mosdeep city pacifildog and stalport all in the water routes

You Only Find Latios/ Latias After You Beat The Pokemon Leauge.

Sometimes You Can Hear The Cry Of The Pokemon In That Rought So Listen For Their Cries.

Also Latias Can Be Found On The Left Side Of Hoenn And Latios Canbe Found On The Right. :)

alright. Catching latias or latios is a pain in the butt; its harder than the legendary woof clan. BUT: here are a few tips:
1. if you are more than 10 levels above latias/latios, use a grass-type pokemon so you dont kill him.
2. They will sometimes move to adjecent routes and follow a path instead of just going anywhere.
3. If you have never seen him before, just play normally and do some unfinished stuff, catch some pokemon, whatever! you WILL run into him eventually.
4. Find the middle of two routes and move back and forth until he enters your area... when he does, DONT expect to catch him. Damage him until he enters red, let him run, then repeat the process.
5. Now that he is in red, either: Freeze it, paralyze it, or put it to sleep. If you dont, he WILL run away.
6. Throw a pokeball and pray. Chances are he will dodge it, but unless you're patient, you wont catch him. Of course, if you have a master ball, chuck it and your done.
7. If he runs away, just repeat steps 4-6 again.

Back