Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

LBS Flood at Regionals?

Blaziken98

LBS is the top deck right now and no one can deny that. It took a fair numdber of State championships (9) and looks like the Rock-Lock for this year. With very few to no bad macth ups LBS is a force that may just take a couple Regionals as it did states. Also I have noticed its popularity swell even by just visiting the gym and seeing 4 H/W LBS threads.
What I am wondering is how will is LBS going to fair at regionals with no bad macthes (Other than Medicham/Rock-Lock) will it take many titles or just get crippled by a swarm of anti LBS.
Thoughts?

LBS is NOT the top deck right now, but it is the most popular.

There will be a flood, but my Moses will part the waters, and win April 8th for me :D

LBS is decent and will probably win a few.
Patriarch is right, just because a deck is popular doesn't mean it's the best deck.
I think it's the 3rd best deck right now behind..............:confused: .
Besides, my SPM(It's not what you think it might be) deck can beat it.:thumb:

Blaziken98 said:
By top deck I ment most popular and tournement winning. Could you fill me in on what you think the top deck is?
Mine. :lol:

I was thinking on running either Ludicargo or Burning Liability for Regionals. I thought they would both be safe because I kinda knew that I would be facing LBS and Sallygross (SMP) variants. Which one do you thing is safer? Ludicargo has Rhydon which can 1HKO Steelix in one hit, with Desert Ruins. And Rhydon's PokeBody prevents bench Damage.

Edited please refrain from posting like that.

Rhydon can't OHKO steelix in one hit unless you have solid rage attached, and do 140.

I won't say which deck I'm going to play...why would I? :tongue:

But I'll give you a list of just a few decks I think have a positive win record against LBS:

-Dragtrode
-Machamp
-Hariyama
-Lunatone/Solrock rogues
-Medicham
-Rock-Lock

Keep in mind, those are just a few. But yeah, regardless of who thinks what will win, if you can't beat LBS, then either play for fun, or don't play the deck, because LBS will be the deck to beat.

Patriarch said:
LBS will be the deck to beat.
Thank you those are the words I was looking for to describe LBS. Deck to beat = Top Deck
That is just my vocabulary. I know know LBS isn't the best deck right now but it is the most popular Top Tier deck making it a threat. Maybe for us 15+ players LBS will flood are division. That is why I was asking people opnions on the LBS matter thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
Thunderbolt said:
Here you go: http://www.pokebeach.com/sets/exhiddenlegends.html

Make sure to go to the Pokemon Rhydon, then look at his 2nd attack Hyper Tail.

Read. Learn.

To me, that looks like a Steelix ex 1HKO. (With Desert Ruins)

You need to learn to read. Kettler said it CANNOT OHKO Steelix, and it CANNOT. Rhydon does 140 damage to Steelix ex.

However, once you consider other possible elements, like prior damage or desert ruins, it can OHKO a Steelix ex. However, alone, Rhydon does not do sufficient damage. Kettler is right, you need to learn to read yourself before you call someone out.

MadHatter said:
Besides, my SPM(It's not what you think it might be) deck can beat it.:thumb:
Salamence d with Metagross Pidgot? I have seen it played but not in 15+ very much so I don't have to worry for any 15+ SMP very much.
Plus I started this thread to see if people where planning on seeing alot of LBS. I never said I was running it a Regionals. :thumb: I have a couple decks ready I will scope before I pick.

Steelix?????????????? Ok nvm if your SMP Rogue wins I will no what it is then. Put to avoid spamming anyone else think LBS will be a threat or top contender at egionals

Last edited:
Fact is:

LBS is the most dominating deck right now.

If you play a deck that loses to LBS, it is very doubtful that you will win a regionals.

IMO, it only has 2 matchups that it really has to worry about. Those decks are Medicham and Rock-Lock. It does lose to other decks, but those decks are not played very often. However, the list of things it DOES beat is so long that it easily makes the losing matchups list not seem so important.

I agree with Spinach and Patriarch, I also think that Metro and Machamp are going to pick up as the season goes on (assuming people play them correctly).

Priority of decks you need to be able to beat:

1. LBS
2. PowCham
3. RockLock
4. Machamp

From there it goes rogue, I think.

Patriarch said:
Rhydon can't OHKO steelix in one hit unless you have solid rage attached, and do 140.

I won't say which deck I'm going to play...why would I? :tongue:

But I'll give you a list of just a few decks I think have a positive win record against LBS:

-Dragtrode
-Machamp
-Hariyama
-Lunatone/Solrock rogues
-Medicham
-Rock-Lock

Keep in mind, those are just a few. But yeah, regardless of who thinks what will win, if you can't beat LBS, then either play for fun, or don't play the deck, because LBS will be the deck to beat.
I think Storm is winning vs all of those except Cham. And Cham can be about 5050.

Blaziken98 said:
Steelix?????????????? Ok nvm if your SMP Rogue wins I will no what it is then. Put to avoid spamming anyone else think LBS will be a threat or top contender at egionals
Yes, LBS will be a top contender at Regionals, and I also think that ZRE is also a good contender as well...

Back