Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

LBS how long will it last?

Blaziken98

Every tournament season a couple archtypes emerge from the latest sets or some newly discovered combos. Last year Rock -Lock was the first on the scene when TRR was realeased and soon enough it was taking States and much more. But we all know that it's vast popularity ended when Emerald came out with Medicham and Battle Frontier. Don't get me wrong Rock-Lock was and still is a great deck, but dew to new archtypes and countering cards it's popularity and playability somewhat took a slight dive.

LBS the new "Big" deck. The Archetype taking alot of states and other tournaments The deck being solid and hard to directly beat (Unless you Tech specifically for it) with only a few bad macth ups seems a hard force to beat. What I want to know is how long will this deck be big until it is finally outshined from something new?
Thoughts?

Sorry I wasn't specific enough. What I ment was before they are rotated out do you think they will stop seeing play?

LBS will be played through worlds. Im really not seeing anything that stands a chance against it coming out of Phantoms

with a good start LBS beats everything. The only way around it is to hope for slow/ BAD and i MEAN Horrible starts.. like pidgey holons electrode and all energy..

I believe that LBS will last until the format change. The deck is the next big thing like Rock Lock and Blaze.

I'll even speculate that even after Pidgeot and Blastoise are rotated out, Steelix EX and probably Mr. Mime ditto and/or mew ex will see play with Meganium EX.

Prime said:
I'll even speculate that even after Pidgeot and Blastoise are rotated out, Steelix EX and probably Mr. Mime ditto and/or mew ex will see play with Meganium EX.

I think Meganium could easily replace Blastoise after the rotation.

HOWEVER, without Pidgeot (or some similar Pokemon Power), I don't see how LBS (or MBS) will even be playable.

Muk Man said:
with a good start LBS beats everything. The only way around it is to hope for slow/ BAD and i MEAN Horrible starts.. like pidgey holons electrode and all energy..

LOL. And yeah, it will last until Blastoise ex is rotated out.

LBS Shuts down with out pidgey and blastoise, Meg could replace blasty, but with out pidgey to grab evos and others, it wont be consistent enough to be playable

Of course without pidgeot, it will lose consistency, but 75% (if not more) of the decks currently in the format will lose the same consistency.

Pidgot gone means consistency lost for all decks. But I have a feeling that something will come out next season to replace the bird and start the Quick Search Phenomenon all over again.

Yep, I definitely think it's going to keep on going until the rotation. Meganium could work with Steelix but the deck then has a big weakness to Fire and loses Lugia.

delta pidgeot= death to all power decks that aren't delta... if it gets out fast enough.
(Pretty sure that card will come out in holon phantom)
If ariados becomes popular, LBS dies a grisly death.

Blaziken98 said:
Pidgot gone means consistency lost for all decks. But I have a feeling that something will come out next season to replace the bird and start the Quick Search Phenomenon all over again.

i call it porgyon2 DS and 4 masterball's in many ex decks..mayb another..

Steelix
Meganium
Porygon

Well, I think if it turns out Delta Pidgeot is a threat to LBS and other non-delta decks relying on powers, LBS will have a hard time fitting Latios/Latias into the deck, a giant stump and they're gone. And since Delta Pidgeot is Metal type, attaching a Metal to it will prevent Steelix ex from sniping and OHKO it.. making it even harder to get rid of it. So it all comes down to who gets set up the fastest..

Back