Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

League kits have arrived for Season 9!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMScizor

The new promo is... Dragon Slamence non holo version, reprinted holo.

The badge is the Balance Badge

Last edited:
NMScizor said:
The new promo is... Dragon Slamence non holo version, reprinted holo.

The badge is the Balance Badge

Nice, but one day late for the league I went to last night :( O well at least we will have them next week.

SteveP said:
...plus, there's a Colliseum pamphlet.

...and of course the badges (don't know which one).

Right, the badge is the Balance badge as mentioned above.

Last edited:
Does it look really cool like the Flygon? Because I can't seem to imagine that particular card very cool-looking.

Hedgefoxidna said:
I knew it! Flygon is my fav, but salamence is kool too! I still want an Omastar, though.

I want something new...and good. :/

Otherwise, why spend 5 bucks a tourney?

Last edited:
There are also copies of "Pokémon Fan", the little 30 page magazine handed out at Pokémon Rocks America; this issue features Pokémon Colosseum :)

'mom

PokePop said:
None of them are playing for fun??

I think that the intent of the statment was that players wouldn't pay to play if all they can get are reprinted bookmark promos (not good for anything else :p ).

I tend to agree, the league I run doesn't even charge an entry fee, yet we are getting lower amounts of players recently(I can't say for sure, but they certainly didn't seem impressed by the promos).

In the long run, players tend to like a company that at least rewards players for their efforts(with more than garbage reprints :rolleyes: ).

I wonder how many League Leaders have reported negative feedback from these "promos" only to have them fall on deaf ears...

Yes I know that we need to be patient, I know that Jimmer and Schwimmer are overworked, I know that they are understaffed, and I know that change takes time, but can't we get a new league promo within the first YEAR of league (whereas WoTC gave us at least 12 new league promos a year when they had to jump through more hoops to do so)?

I honestly wish somebody would explain this without saying that we just aren't waiting long enough.

Last edited:
I agree with Jeremy Badeaux here. League players do complain over these "new promos", and they have every right to. Reprints of cards from an expansion released 5 months ago isn't very exciting, especially if they're bad cards nobody would want the original card of anyway. Give the players something fun and exciting they can play in their deck!

I'm handing out some old Best Of Promos together with the new promos each week at League, and I have to say Rocket's Mewtwo and Dark Venusaur are much more popular.

I'm sure there's a good reason for this, possibly problems with gaining the rights for the Japanese promos and localizing them or something like that. But no matter what, they need to sort out this problem and print some real promo cards for League. So far, this has been a joke.

Last edited:
Well getting us the kits bad promos and badges would be a good start but so far we have late incomplete league kits and the promise of more of the same :( Once we start getting them on a regular basis then I will complain about the re-prints!

Only badges we have seen are at http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/21/ and we would like to get hold of the full sized badges from anime boston http://yatpay.ath.cx/~yatpay/pics/animeboston2004/IMG_5189.jpg

All kidding aside NoPoke has now had it and the UK is just fit to implode on half promised never delivered OP and advertising. Distributor blames PUI and PUI well they won't let a distributor fail :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back